Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #1121

Default Howdy

I got into RCing about 15 years ago. I have a clodbuster that i will now try and turn into a crawlwer I have a 1967 IH Scout 800 that my son and I built and would like to try and do a RC Crawler to match it. The buster has an aluminum cantilever set up and twin steering i am looking to put the AMBUSH body on it when I find one. I raced at the old Ranch Pit with my Losi Monster Truck back in the day before it closed down. I am retired now and have some time to tinker, so any help with this product would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #1122

Default Newbie

Im aaron i live in crawlerado. I have a t-max, axial ax10, axial scx10 honcho, losi mini rock crawlwer and looking to get a slash.
Looking to get rid of the t-max or trade it for a slash.
AARON900RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #1123

Default Newbie

Im Aaron from Crawlerado. I have an ax10, scx10 honcho, losi mini rock crawler and an t-maxx. looking to get a Slash. want to get rid of the t-maxx or trade it for a slash.
AARON900RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #1124

Default question

iHAVE A LCC WITH A 3S GOAT SYSTEM AND A FUTABA RADIO SYSTEM AND I HAVE A 21.5 TURN NOVAK BRUSHLESS MOTOR MY QUESTION IS WHAT SIZE PINION SHOULD I USE FOR REALLY ROCKY TERRAIN
redman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #1125

Default What's goin' on fellas?

I'm new to the site and relatively new to crawling. I bought an axial comp rig off of craigslist, got it dialed in and love it. Since then i bought a bully comp MOA, well, now i'm hooked. I have spent some time running and working on them so i know exactly what im doing. Now i'm ready to build one myself. I was about to start a berg but might wait to see the new axial MOA. I'm probably going to have a few questions, i'm looking forward to being a part of this site.
drinkanddriverc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #1126

I'm wondering how do i add an avatar to my account? Also it seems like i need to buy a star to gain more access to this site, where do i do that?
drinkanddriverc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #1127
Rock Stacker

Default Noob talking.

Hello Crawlers!!!
I have looked for a long time on this site. Finally took the plunge and ordered a Venom creeper. It's currently in a about a 1000 pieces on my work bench. With all the mods to do to it I got alot of work to do.
I'm from the frozen north of Alaska. Got back into the R/C after about a 15 years hiatus. I've had many r/c's. Midnight Pumpkin, JR-XT, and an Xmod. Yeah, I rokked the Xmod. I love this site and I spend copious amounts of time drooling over mods and paint jobs.

RCC roks! Literally! Late Ty.
aktyfoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #1128
Rock Stacker

Default how do you post a pic of your rig?

i have an 1/8th scale rc4wd rock bull
welder820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #1129

well just spoted this thought I would say hellow. I have ben in to RC since 1975! I curently have 27 RC most are vintage monster trucks. would like to learn more about rock crawlers. then get more in to it with a newer truck made for crawling. I also restor and collect older BMX bikes + build estes and other rockets. I race off road RC and on road + do RC sled pull comps. well thats me in a nut shell!
RCMonstertruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #1130

greetings all
hope i do this right
Felix
none (yet)
kansas city
bbamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #1131
Git

alo

im irwan from brunei. new to crawling. fooled around with an EP 1/10 buggy and 1/10 nitro touring cars for a while then got obsessed with rc helis and planes. been flying for almost 4 years now.

bought an mrc clone (team infinity cute pangolin) a week ago, been crawling everyday rain or shine since then and now looking to mod it to the max

posted a thread on it for some advice. search tag is clone
Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #1132

Hello

My name's Tim. Was into R/C cars and trucks years ago. Found this site and after reading through lots of it I bought a SCX-10 Honcho. Lots of great info on here. Keep it up.

Thanks.
TeamWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #1133
Quarry Creeper

Hey peeps, just introducing myself. News to the RC crawler world but i cant get enough already. Looking to get into an intermediate rig i can comp with once i get used to driving. Im from Boulder Colorado so if anyone needs someone to go mess around with on the rocks let me know
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #1134

well guess im doing this a little late but axial scx10, birmingham al
i need info on brazing ,welding ect. also info on two speed tranys
meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #1135
Rock Stacker

hello my names rhys im 39 from essex .uk .im new to crawling but been into rc for years i normally run monster trucks and just recently started drifting aswell
i just bought a 2nd hand ax10 thats been modified alot by the looks of it
altho ive broke it twice trying to work out how to use it to its full potential
and great site as plenty of info and ideas .and plenty of great looking
machines
lazychubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #1136

Yes another newb lol. I've been into the RC scene for a while but just now getting into crawlers. I have just ordered my first rig on should be getting here soon. I ordered a Axail Honcho, yeah i know it's a trail rig and not so much a crawler but i like the scale look of it. I plan on getting a Losi Comp Crawler soon after i get done tweeking the Honcho(if it will hurry up and get here). Thanks and talk to you all soon!
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1137
RCC Addict

Well hey guys Im new to the site as well. I have been drooling out all the nice Crawlers on this site. Alot of you guys have amazing stuff

Names Jeremy I live in South Charleston West Virginia, i have my first crawler. Redcat RS10 out of the box this lil badboy is awesome but i plan on modding it in some ways such as hitec 645s, softie tires, larger body, bigger battery etc. I posted a build thread in the redcat section ( which right now its all stock) Once I get parts in ill be posting pics and doin a write up

Once i get the rs10 the way i want it, my next buy and build will be the lil cliff climber

Thanks for having me,
Jeremy
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #1138

Newb sgt here, I Love rc, just getting into crawling, Picked up a used nightcrawler with integy 55tx1 lathe in it and a hitec servo.
Sgt_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #1139

whatup everyone? new here... got a axial ax10 with strc green lower/upper links, steering and braces and strc green motor/trans mount and 4link plates front and back.. im loving it so far!
874runnersr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #1140

Newb here and to RC period. Got an ARTR AX10 and have been lovin it. Got a few mods on her but mainly just replace broken stock stuff with better aftermarket goodies. Lookin in to building some scale rigs now using a 1:6 Hummer body and one of the 1:8 JK bodies. Glad to be a part of such a great brotherhood.
Colonel03 is offline   Reply With Quote