Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #1161
Rock Stacker

hello my name is matt
i have a losi micro that i have modded in to a decent crawler with stock gear. i also have an axial sx-10 with b-17 body that i aquired used through a lhs. since then i ditched the body and side plates then built a rollcage for it and planning on building another one that will have a lower roofline and minus the stinger. before i had these it was 2 t-maxx's, and e-maxx. i live in farmington,nm and love it here, plenty of rocks to play on.
Ndnchief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #1162
RCC Addict

Default Im a noob in colorado

I have been in to rc for a very long time and just started into the best part of it, crawling.. I had bought a scx-10 honcho and about 2 weeks after i bought it I was denied the use of it by my 10 yr old daughter..lol So I then got my self an ax-10 scorpion rtr. I have upgraded all links to a 4link and put some 2.2 flatirons on it. I am curently working on a build from body down. Starting with a newbright.

I just found this body at radioshack for $40 on clearence because it was returned, the controler for it had a broken battery cover. I took off the body and gave the rest to my 3yr old daughter to crash around the house..lol Im gettin her started early. About a week after i got the ax-10 I got my father inlaw hooked and he went out and bought the scx-10.

I have about 25yrs exp in rc cars, first car being a hornet. I now have about 15 buggies, truggies, and about 3 street cars, and now working on my 3rd crawler. I have also done boats, planes, hellies, and tried to do a snowmobil build but never finished it.. lol lost intrest. I will try to post a pic of all my toys soon, you know for the brag factor.. lol

thanks for reading
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #1163

Default Hello all

I posted in the other noob spot, my bad. "not to new"is the post title. Any way, I'll do a little repost. I've been addicted to crawling for about a year. it took me a bit of time to find a hobby that keeps my attention. & this one does it it combines every thing I like into one fun ball. The one thing I can say is that no 2 crawlers are alike. Are always in some stage or anther and do their thing in different ways. I am wanting to get in to comps as well as group fun crawls. just give me a day or 2 to plan for it. or depending what's going on maybe even last minute. i've only gone to one comp as noob. to spectate and talk with other rcers. other than that, I've done a lot of solos. i live here in Ceder Park Tx. I've got a AX10 Scorpion, with minor mods. and one distoted axial body (I got bored with a few beers) that has a different look. I don't care if it's ugly it works and named the rig "Ugly Rhino" but a another axial xc1 shell thats just trimmed. hit me up and I might be able to show up. By the way I'll be a Barton Creek/ Zilker Sunday eve after it cools down abit. cheers
Jamis17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #1164

Default Need help with new rig

Im Ryan from bothell washington and bought the losi mrc and started hoppin it up but dont know what to do for lockers or electronics and could use some help Thanx
Ufahkincracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #1165

Default Newbie to crawlers

Hello all, I just joined the group. I'm from PA and I just purchased a King Crawler from Tower, couldn't pass up the price, my buddy Dan and I both. I am an ex 5th scale gasser, now a 1/10 4x4 owner, and now proud crawler owner. Going to be upgrading and learning as I go.
Mr. slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #1166

Default new to forums....and crawling

Hi Im Nick and i live in Rochelle, IL

I have an Axial SCX-10 TR that i'm working on making a scale rig. (slowly

i just got (yesterday) my new tamiya '73 ford bronco body for it and a few days before got a new spektrum radio with sr300 reciever. SO much nicer than the stock radio!

I am new to all this stuff and especially forums. I'll do my best but if i post wrong i didn't mean to. I dont know anyone in the area to run with so if your near me let me know.

Thanks!

Nick
nghscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #1167

Hello. I'm Mike. Just got my Crawler King from Tower. Been checking this site out since I ordered it. Looking forward to getting into crawling!
Hapapake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #1168

I'm Mike, new to this forum & semi new to the crawler thing. I've got a AX10 Scorpion, that I bought new. I was unaware that this hobby/sport could have addictive properties to it. I had a LMC that kept breaking on me. So I went to the 2.2 class, now, I'm fully addicted now,(it's Axial's fault) with no hope of recovery. I'm what you'd call a hopeless case. One pack is too many, and 3 packs is never enough. When my rig is broke, the with drawl is torture to my hands. I'm glad there is a newby spot to post in, with out the fear of a flaming. I have to say, that we've got a bunch of thunder heads(clouds to you youngin's) and not rain'n, would be so cool to crawl. with the background sound of thunder, and sounds of danger & pending doom. With all lights on, on the rig. I'm getting a tingling just thinking of it . Any way from newb to newb welcome. cheers.

Last edited by Jamis17; 07-26-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Jamis17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #1169

Hey I'm Eric. I've been in RC since the eighties with a stop til '05. Started playing again with all the new and better tech thats out there now. Currently have a Emaxx, MLST, E-Pede, Mini DT, Mini Baja, Slash, Mini Inferno, F-150. All are brushless with Lipo. Yeah I went a little nuts.... Mini INferno is just a shelf queen as it's a beaut. A I also have a Yokomo YZ10 I used to race back in gthe mid-late 80's. And an original Hot Shot left to me by a friend who passed on. I played a little last year witha T Maxx and decided I'd stay with electric. Ic an handle 1:1 cars, but the nitro was a bit too finicky for me..
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #1170

Default Kit bashing!

My older brother and I used to Kit bash parts from different plastic models to create wild monster trucks, hot rods, and war machines when I was 10. Now I'm 37 and have been merging a wheely king with a scale chassis ax 10 based design. I am not a fabrication wizard but I did manage to mod the driveshaft deigns together using a dremel tool to enlarge the smaller slot on the driveshafts. So I'm runnin' the AX 10 tranny & WK axles and 4 wheel steering. I will post some pics of the work in progress soon, but I just have to ask why didn't Axial use the drive shaft hub with the bolt that threads all the way through the axle hub like traxxas & HPI? These things break loose easy even with the four screws and threadlock!
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #1171

Hey everyone,

The names tony, I live in Michigan, and just got into this whole crawler thing, dont have a rig yet but am currently building a yota, with a custom carbon fiber chassis and venom mini giant axles, I will post progress of it as soon as I find the right place to post it at.
twilb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #1172

Hey, my names Dan, I live in MN, i've been actively playing with RC's now for about 4 years and had a crawler for a couple weeks now. The crawler is a AX10 with a bunch of different things like a Hellspawn chassis and 4 link, otherwise I also have a Micro DT and T, a HPI RS4 2 nitro, Traxxas Stampede electric, and a Tamiya FF01 New Beetle.
scarletvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #1173

Hey all, my name is Todd and I am a crawloholic. I was really into RC about 10 years ago (off road trucks) but got away from it when I graduated college. Fast forward to about a year ago when I stumbled across an ad on ebay for a Losi mini rock crawler. I looked into it a little and picked one up the same night. I have crawled this ride, all stock, up at my cabin in the mountains just as something to do while drinking beer. About 2 weeks ago, again thanks ebay, I found the micro. Bought it and while waiting for it to arrive I found rccrawler and the RC demon that had lied dormant for nearly ten years had been awakened and is making up for lost time. Currently running the little bugger stock except for a body from Wal-Mart that I made fit. Got a lot of ideas of what I want to do to both rigs, but I have too many ideas. Need more $$$ to do them all LOL. Anyway, a lot has changed in the game since I have been active in the hobby. May God have mercy on my bank account

Here is the micro, no shots of the mini.

~Todd
theinjected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #1174

mitch- down under yous! (australia) mrc, mixxer chassis, flat irons, nob to crawlin! talk slow!
iRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #1175

newbie here been into fullsize crawling my whole life and 5 years ago got into desert racing in a jeepspeed race car number 1706 the very first jeepspeed wrangler ever built and 2 years ago got my losi mrc and am in the process of building it into the rc4wd tube body built for the car im in redlands california and i love to be in control of anything with a motor
Brian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #1176
Rock Stacker

Had a rc heli. Flew it. Crashed it. Liked it........Got bored...... Saw a buddies crawler...Loved it..... Movin from high and flyin to low and slow.... well slowish
rockwha? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #1177

Name:Brandon
Rig: A spare parts crawler. based off a kyosho force frame and axles.

I am very new to crawling. Working on finishing my rig in the next few weeks.
Tainted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #1178

Default Suggestions

I have not bought a crawler yet. I am looking for something brand new already lifted with all the goodies out of the box. Im looking for a toyota pickup or land cruiser of some sort. Any suggestions on manurfactures i should look for.
agiachini90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #1179

Default new to crawling not RC

Hello all
Name is Angelo, live in Woodbridge VA. I currently have a Revo that I have been beating on for about 2-3 years now. Had a couple of Bolinks way back a few years but got out of it when the Army decided that i needed to go overseas. Fast forward a few years and I got into the nitro trucks with my bro-in-law. As I said I have a Revo, he is running a Savage. He is currently in the big sand box of Afghanistan and has little distraction besides dvd's and books.
Tired of the Nitro tuning and tweaking so looking to get into the crawlers. Reading the magazines and owning a Jeep I always have loved the crawlers. That being said I am planning on getting 2 Gmade R1 Rock Buggies for me & my bro-in-law. I figure it will be a great distraction for him while he is there and then we can beat around with them and maybe get into competing when he gets back. I'll be doing the paint on them as that is something that he does not like doing, so I figure I'd paint the skins then send him the kit so he can put it together.
Sorry for the long winded post, just want to add that this is a great site and look forward to asking many questions and looking for tips hints & ideas to enjoy the rig.
bolillo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #1180
Rock Stacker

Hello all new here

Just got my first scx-10 honcho I'm from Grafton NH, just wanted to say hi
rcmaniac78 is offline   Reply With Quote