Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #1241
Quarry Creeper

hello all my name is jay i live in midway, arkansas great area for crawling

just got my first crawler 2 days ago and have enjoyed it very much i am new to crawling but not 100% new to RC'n i had a nitro monster a few years back and i run a lot of the little cars like xmods ect

my rig:1/10 maxstone
came much improved from what everyone else has said about it. mine came with a 3 ch reciver and 3 set's of springs. to set the torq twist hard,soft,mid has a metal servo it is a nice rig stock they fixed a lot of things on it already but i will be upgrading it more in time i have run it 5 times already and enjoyed it very much

jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #1242
Rock Crawler

Figure since I am on here all the time researching I may as well introduce myself. I've been into fullsize crawler custom fab and wheelin' for about 7 years now. Since I am away from home alot I decided to get an RC crawler and see what it was all about. Only had my Axial Scorpion RTC for 2 months but I love it. I'm definitly hooked. Big thanks to this forum for all the great info that has went into the building of my crawler

RC specs:
Axial Scorpion RTC
-Rooster crawler ESC
-2s Lipo
-Hitech TG7955 servo
-Racers edge aluminum horn
-Homemade high clearance aluminum links with Revo rod ends front and rear
-Homemade rear 4 link
-Sedona white dots front
-Rover white dots rear
-Nova DD foams all around
-Axial BTA kit
-Low profile hardware
-Lots of rock rash
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #1243

Default Hello!

I've been a long time reader of the forum and I decided to signup today. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I look forward to finally chatting with some of you!
cartinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #1244

Scott, I live in Michigan, I currently do not have a rig, but an doing research and plan on getting one in the near future.
thedeafone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #1245
Pebble Pounder

Default Newbie!

Morning All,

I am a newbie to the Site, newbie to RC Crawling... definitely not a Newbie to R/C cars.. My first rig was a Tamiya F-150 Ranger, I have owned the following over the years

Tamiya Rough Rider
Tamiya Wild Willy (original)
RC10 Car
RC10T2 Truck
Tamiya Blackfoot
Tamiya Subaru Brat
4-5 Tamiya Bruisers over the years
Tamiya AeroMax Tractor Trailer

Last one I bought was a TXT-1 back in 2002 or so... and it has been sitting around collecting dust since.. I know bad RC'er..

Anyhow.. I am looking to make this a Crawler! I want to lighten it up, Add a gear redux unit (RC4wd 4:1 or a GD600 3.8:1). Add some 6-8 inch narrow tires for a start..

So I hope to find some good help on this board about what is good etc.

I am a 42 year old married dood. I live in Massachusetts and work as an Systems Engineer on the Patriot Radar System. 23 Year Veteran of the US Army / National Guard. I enjoy snowmobiling and 4x4 quads as hobbies.. though with my current back issue.. I can't do either... hence my desire to get back into RC

Thanks

- C S -
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #1246

Hello all. I am a complete noob to the crawling world, and really found the site while doing some research on the subject. Not new to r/c. Been a gas and nitro owner for a lot of years, and now want to jump into crawling.

30 yrs old
Methodist Minister
2 kids, 2 cats and a wife
and a full time shop foreman at a garage.
drgrcr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #1247

thanks for giving us a place to post.. I've already learned so much from your site, can't wait to keep reading (and posting)!
RTFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #1248

I'm new, nor cal santa rosa, have tons old rc's my kid just acquired from me. So checking out what's on in the crawler/scaler level.
family driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #1249

Default just got in to rc crawling after doing the realy thing check out r rigs and garden

http://www.teampurple.net/rc_rock_crawlers.htm
scooby oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #1250
Pebble Pounder

I use to operate a bobcat all the time! That is so cool and without the backache at the end of the day.
tom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #1251

My name is Derek I have a lnc with novak gtb 21.5 pritty much stock other than that.

Last edited by ddcross88; 11-29-2010 at 06:44 PM.
ddcross88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #1252
Rock Stacker

New Here. Looking around, learning. Found this thread by using the search button, aren't you proud of me?

Anyhow, looking to get my first crawler. Hopefully the lil lady will get me one for Christmas. If not, well, that's cool too.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #1253

Hello everybody I am Aaron and I got a Losi Nightcrawler about 3 months ago so I am very new to rc rock crawling. I have been messing with rc cars for years but so far this is the most fun I have had with them. Thank you to this site for the search button I have learned alot already.
hutcholdschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #1254

Just gettin into crawlin. I built an Associated RT10 back in the day. I'm already learnin and I hope to learn more.
MadOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #1255
Rock Stacker

Hi guys, i'm Dane, working on getting me a crawler, and i Live in the Pacific Northwet. that means what ever i get will be getting the waterproof treatment.
my main interest with crawlers is a scaler, as i like scale vehicles and i plan on getting a tamiya df-03 ra to put on a trailer which i could tow with an scx10 which is the kit i'm going to be getting.
jettrooper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #1256
Quarry Creeper

Default Newbie

Hi Guys: I am old R/C car and stadium truck racer from years back. I fly R/C Heli's now { Align -TREX 500 ESP} I am very interested in getting into Rock Crawling . Preferably a Competition Crawler. { Losi Comp Crawler or a Axial AX10. ?? Not sure yet. I definitely want one with { Dig } . I see it's pretty much down to those 2 I listed. If there are any others I should consider please reply. I may sell or trade my entire Heli set up so I can get a kick @$$ rig. I want a Brush-less motor rig that runs on Lipos . 2 or maybe even 3 cell. I have a top notch Battery charger and I will be keeping that for sure. Will the Losi perform as well as the Axial AX10 , ?? Whats your opinion on what one to get??
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #1257

Hey guys I'm Brian and i just got into crawling, ive been around rc racing my whole life but recently made the jump to crawling. So far the site has been great for info when i was building my rig. As of now I'm running

TCS edge chassis
Venon Creeper Axles/links
AX-10 tranny on a custom plate
integy drive shafts
Rooster Esc
axial 55 turn
2 cell lipo
DX3 spektrum radio
white dot rovers
zim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #1258

hey have been here a couple of months now just reading & learning I was going to get a ax10 rtc but decided on the xr10 instead. will be getting the ax10 rtc for the boy(14) so he quits using my crawler. lost of great infor on here, oh ya im in whitehorse yukon canada

-xr10 kit axial
-novak m2 dig
-novak tera claw 55t motors(soon to be upgraded)
-proline chisles
-hitec 645 servo(soon to be upgraded)
-spectrum dx3e radio & rx
-intigy servo horn
-30* bent links axial
-great hobbies 2s 1800ma 25c batteries
-all deans connectors
dinodbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #1259
Quarry Creeper

my name is chris. new to crawling, not new to R/C my mom and dad were racers back in the 80's used to run RC10's and tamiya grasshoppers.

I currently am shopping for a crawler, cant wait for the classifieds thread to open to me.

i run a brushless slash 4x4 mostly just bashing since I got the truck 2 days before the last race day of the season. but I am very anxious to get a crawler.

i'm an avid cyclist, from track/fixed gear/single speed, to bmx and freeride mtb.
m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #1260

Default new in western pa

I got back into RC earlier this year with some coax helis and had success (in other words I managed to fly more than crash) and for christmas figured I'd get my son (age 10) and myself a couple of trucks to play /race with and while I did that (slash 2wd) I discovered crawling....oh oh, here's something I can do mebbe...

so I now have an axial scorpion RTC with a few mods (weighted tires, breather holes in the rims, tekin FX-R esc) with lipo's to follow.

The changes made a huge difference in the crawler - I like it when I see changes like that.

I used to 'play' with 1:1 cars, jeeps and bikes and RC looks to be almost as much fun and a lot cheaper - and I don't get nearly as dirty working on them.

My only mistake is the time of year I chose to get into this - it's snowing outside now and been snowing off and on all month now. The slash is kinda fun in the driveway but the scorpion wont' climb well in the snow (and it's not waterproof anyway).
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote