Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #1521

Default yep i'm a newb

hey all, names richie and i'm new to this site but not to rc. been involve for 10 or so years now. delt mostly with tamiya, traxxas, and hpi products. i have a savage x ss and 2 rustlers, all nitro. first truck was a tamiya lunchbox. currently serving in afghanistan right now and have a scx-10 and wraith here with me.
rfbmx22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #1522

ive beenoin here a while just deciding to start posting
im 22
i have built one rig it a full tubechassis and its terrible looking but works great
scx-10 axles
traxxas xl-5 esc & titan 12t
traxxas waterproof servo
pede tranny(which i hate for the size of it)
proline hammers on proline narrow 8 shooters
402shmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #1523

49 year old noob here from Simpsonville, SC. My new Dingo should be here tomorrow. Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #1524
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Wow, interesting thread and awesome, varied locations of the membership.

Name: Laurie
Live: Northern Alberta Canada
Not new to RC but new to crawling.
Ride: Right now I have a Traxxas Ken Block Gymkana car and my son and I share a Slash 4x4> He wont let my drive it since I smacked a tree with it and broke it.

I did find a Axial Wraith in my closet this week and I told my wife that is what I want for Christmas so I can only hope it is for me and not the son. And I learned that snooping is frowned upon by my wife. I tried to tell her I was looking for a work shirt to wear. Oddly, I was in her closet. Honest mistake.
OSWHollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #1525

hey i just joined yesterday, i live in Texas. I'm still kind of new to crawling but you cant beat it. i have an Axial Honcho with a tekin 45t motor and tekin fxr esc. everything else is stock and will soon be adding on to it. and im also working on converting a 4 wheel steer Wheely king to a crawler. thats about it. thanks Chase
TXhoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #1526

Guess I better post up in here since I'm new(ish) to building these things and have just taken on a new project that I'm certain I'll have questions about.

I'm 24 and from Utah. My real hobby is 1:1 scale rock crawling....

However, parts break on that and I felt the need for a backup hobby. So I picked up a semi-modded Wheely King on eBay and have had a good amount of fun with it.

So I've missed working on the Jeep lately (too cold) and all I can think about is building a real full-size buggy. So about 5 years ago for a welding project (oxy/acetylene welding) I built a small tube-chassis. Never planning on doing anything with it in the beginning, I realized it's about the perfect size for my RC crawler. So last night I spent about 2 hours disassembling, cutting, and fitting my RC stuff onto the new chassis. Still quite a bit of work to do, but this is how she will sit (full-bump). I'm going to keep it as low as possible and build it for KOH style racing/crawling. I don't compete so this is just a fun project for me. I'll be adding some more tube work to the chassis to give a more "real" feel.

I'm honestly not sure too much on the specs, but I will be when I'm done switching parts out. I'm running a 11.5T brushless sensored motor/esc combo, and I have a HPI gear reduction box that I throw in if I really don't care to go fast at all, but usually I like both the speed and the ability to crawl.

I'm now trying to decide what transmission to run in this, as the one I'm running is quite large and I'd like to downsize it. Any opinions on what trans?

Looking forward to learning here.
CrawlerReady_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #1527
Rock Stacker

Hmm... My first post about my new hobby....

My name is Reaney
Live in Newport, NH

I just bought a RTC Axial AX10... Ran it once.
Already looking to start some mods. 1st time venturing into
this new world.

My other hobby is .. as you guys call.. 1-1 crawlers
Both are Toyota based.. 1 street legal(Almost)
1 tube buggy. Both built by myself.

I'm searching for recommended first mods for my AX10
NHebayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #1528

whats up im a newbie......................

have a scx10 jeep xj with titan 12

also have an ax10 with rear steer 27t

Last edited by Limitless rc; 12-16-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Limitless rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Without fail, everyday we get tons of newbies posting that they have arrived at our site. While this is great and we welcome you, we don't need a thread for every single person.

If you start a thread like that someone will most likely send you to this thread.

Give us the general info:
Who you are?
What kind of rig you have?
Where you live?

If you have a specific question, be sure to use the search feature, and look around. There is a good chance it's been asked before, if not bring it on!

Jason
ok i built a custom chassis for my berg axles i am using two tekin 13.5t motors
using 4PKS radio what esc will i need and what size battery couls use help plz!!

lazris
custom rig
lake ozark missouri
lazris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1530

Default Re: yep i'm a newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbmx22 View Post
hey all, names richie and i'm new to this site but not to rc. been involve for 10 or so years now. delt mostly with tamiya, traxxas, and hpi products. i have a savage x ss and 2 rustlers, all nitro. first truck was a tamiya lunchbox. currently serving in afghanistan right now and have a scx-10 and wraith here with me.
i wondered what you guys did when you got board fling the predator lmao jk thats cool do the damn thing u all doing good job thank you!
lazris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #1531
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: yep i'm a newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazris View Post
i wondered what you guys did when you got board fling the predator lmao jk thats cool do the damn thing u all doing good job thank you!

thank you for your service!! and i have a scx10 and a wraith as well
jhop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #1532
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys im new to the site but i have had my losi mini crawler for a few years now, and i have the mechanical components for rear steer for it but im wondering how to do it with the stock electronics. If anyone knows how please help me out. I have been wanting to do this setup since i got it.
minicrawlerguy530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #1533

wow i forgot to do this better late than never

my name is damian aka hellhound or numbnuts (dont ask)

i have been into rc's for about a year
i have a wife and 2 kids and im looking for work
hellhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #1534

Saying hey. I got a new Axial RTR Honcho for Christmas. I've had it for a week but had to wait for Christmas to open it. It looks awesome! I'm going to clip off the connector and put a deans on it and it will be ready to go. I'll be running a lipo in it. Looking forward to some crawling.

Also got my son a 1/16 scale 4x4 Slash so we can run together.
KnobbyTire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #1535

hello. guess i should have done this awile back. My name is Brad, I live in Middletown Pa. I still have my Clod from 86, 2 cliff climbers for my two kids. and also a micro losi. I also have a 1:1 offroader that keeps me busy. Keep up on this great site. Its bin giving me alot of good ideas.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #1536
Rock Stacker

Hey names Carl im 21. From aussieland. I have an scx10 fairly modified and ran it in last years comp series. Been into rc for about 5 years.
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #1537

New to the rc crawling world,been crawling and muud bogging with fullsize, Just picked up a mad torque so far im loving it
nckrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #1538

Aussie Newbie here,
i was just wanting to ask someone experinced in axial scx's, about the new scx10 honcho.
ive been wanting a crawler for more than 4 years now. what should i buy?. i like the honcho ute.
CruiserMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserMan View Post
Aussie Newbie here,
i was just wanting to ask someone experinced in axial scx's, about the new scx10 honcho.
ive been wanting a crawler for more than 4 years now. what should i buy?. i like the honcho ute.
you want a crawler or scaler ? scx10 will crawl but if your talkin just on rocks with crazy terrain xr10 would be better. but if you want an all around rig for trailin , hittin the rocks and such then an scx10 is a good way to go lots of option parts, good capable off road rig with a few tweeks. and not much difference between the honcho and the other scx10 i know wheelbase is different and of course the bodies, other then that not much i dont think, might wana double check the website
cuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #1540

Well I guess I've lurked long enough and thought I'd finally check in. Have been out of RC's a while. Had a Mud Blaster back in the day but I really love wheeling and crawling on a 1:1 scale so a 1:10 was bound to happen at some point. Anyway a buddy of mine built a couple and decided to sell one so here it is.

It was an Ax10 scorpion kit, but received a Custom tube chassis, powder coated metallic red with gray panels, Axial axles with upper link mount truss, custom carbon fiber links, axial transmission w/ upgraded idler gear, Stock axial motor 27T, Tekin FXR esc,lipo's, hitec metal gear servo, beadlock wheels and tires and some Axial shocks. ESC and batteries in the pics have been replaced. New pics will get taken as weather allows.

I've had a blast toying with it but can already tell it's not going to stay this way long. I like to tinker and mod too much. I live in Winston-Salem, NC and will surely take this to URE when we take the Landcruisers wheelin as well. I've enjoyed reading the forums and there is a ton of info here. So I can't wait to catch up on all I've missed in the years I've been away from the RC world. Anyway, I've got some reading to do so as we say over at IH8MUD.....

E
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote