Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #141

Default woops

hello my name is brian in washington just got into the rc crawler thing it is definatly addicting

:-P :-P
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #142

Hi I'm geoffrey , i live in belgium and i'm just looking for info on how to make a crawler and maybe build my owne
spacessj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #143

Default looking to buy a rock crawler

I am looking to buy a rock crawler. I have the nylint jeep. i also have a tmaxx and a monster buggy. but i want something more extreme. But i dont know what to get. Please tell me what is good like a txt or an e maxx or something that will flex a lot and still look good. I dont want that pivot barin the middle.

mike
armiyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #144

Who you are? My name is Chris
What kind of rig you have? My TLT should have been here today (evil Postman). Other than that I have a HPI Nitro RS4 2 touring car and an Associated RC18MT.
Where you live? The Army brought me to Fort Hood Texas. Now I am out of the Army and just never left here. I guess that Texas grows on people.
mentallylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #145

Hey.. Scott here.. into savages, S3, ST-1, rc18T..
Looking to learn an build a clod crawler.. the stick and xerox are awesome..
spond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 PM   #146

Hello all, I'm new! I live is sunny Southern California. I don't have a rock crawler just yet, but I'm working on one. I have a TLT and a PTI Goliath and am looking to make them into crawlers. Anywho... Nice to meet you all!

BTW- my name is Dave.
SkippyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #147

aight ill post here so everyone can find out who i am... kk my name is Jimmy Walker and i live in the north valleys in Reno, NV. I HAD a crawler... lol thats right i had one... I made it out of a $30 radio shack RC that was 4wd that had been in my garage for years... so i took some materials and made a custom chassis... and even custom shocks from seringes and some springs i had layin around... yeah but the gears in the axles couldnt handle the stress so after about 2 weeks of great hard crawlin, it finally gave up and i cant find anywhere to get the gears. (really wierd gears... )... so then my friend ran it over on accident... lol.... but im 17 years old and a senior at NVHS... yeah i think i want to get some txt-1 or jugg axles (they are the same right?) and totally do everything else custom... well i think im done talkin now so laters.

Jimmy
monsterjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:14 AM   #148
Rock Stacker

My name is David Lee Esquivel. My hometown is San Antonio, TX. I am stationed at Whiteman AFB, MO. I joined the Air Force August 29, 2000. I work on the B-2. I have been in the R/C hobby for about 5 years. I have boats, cars, and trucks. I just purchased a TLT and a TXT. This website is pretty helpful and has a lot of information. I hope to have two nice crawlers by Christmas. (Sorry for the lack of numerous "flick offs"!)
DLE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Well, I'm Kevin Li Gu (pronounced G-oo) and I just got into the hobby of RC Rock Crawling. I don't have one yet, but I have been in RC for a while and I have a TL-01B and an HPI Micro Rs4. I enjoy the latter one because the first one needs a new chassis! I also am lookingi nto a Cross Country Chassis, and can anyone tell me if this is a good car?

Cheers,

Kevin

O[^-^]O
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #150

Hey IM a noob and dont have a crawler but I was wonderin on how to go about taking a Electric stampede and turning it into a "weekend" crawler...I only got like 100-150$ to spend on it so any help......out there?!!!?
New2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #151

I'm in the process of building a custom duratrax overdrive crawler. it's got four link and locked arms and diffs. does anyone know what trans would be good?
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #152

I'm new here of course I live in galax VA. i'm not new to the rc world just new to crawlers. I've already converted my old clod to a rockcrawler chassis i made myself. I'll post some pics up if i can figure it out.
VA CLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #153

Hey everyone, My name is James, Im from the Boise, Idaho area. Been rock crawling for a long time and decided to get into rc crawling too. I've been lurking on here for a long time but decided to introduce myself and start posting. I'll post pics of my crawler when I get it going.
76lcforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 AM   #154

hey guys my name is antoni and i live in england and am just getting into crawling hope to have my own crawler soon
kangaroojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #155

Default newbie

Hey all, Brandon from Mass. My first crawling rig is a Nylint 1:18. And after seeing what all of you are building, I'm hooked. I'm looking into building a rig this winter. Just havn't decided on what type of power train yet. Probably a shaft drive.
My 1:1 rig is a 92 F150 that is beat up pretty good due to following jeeps into tight situations.
vhmsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #156

i go by "liquid"and as rule ,avoid contact with others,unless it's a piont of interest to me.my "rides" are an ttr modclod ,stock txt-1,mod revo,7.5 w/rossi,picco powered vector nt,and lastly a ky.mini z.i 've been in this game for over a decade & still going.i'll help someone if i can.best of wishes liquid
liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #157
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Whats up my fellow RC Crawaholics. I am from Colorado, but live in Indiana now. I am in the process of building my own crawling pit. I own 198 acres of land, and I have a dry creek on the property. I have been moving rock, and busting up rocks to build a awesome pit! Hope to see you out here when I set up events. I will keep you informed, and take plenty of pics.
My rig is Clod. Gecko II Pro chassis, 55t Integy Lathe motors, LST Claw tires, aluminum tracgear II, with aluminum gears all around, I will post pics!
indianacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #158

hello guys I am looking to buy and mod a tlt for rock crawling at this brilliant crawling location near my house! I have had a fair few tamiyas e.t.c so I know what Im doing with my rc's however I'm a little bit lost when it comes to crawling LOL so I would like any help you can give me!
I think the first thing I am going to do is...
Buy bearings
Buy 2.2 rims and imex g-dawgs
traxxas t-maxx links
LOCK DIFFS
add 4ws???? Not sure
and hit the hills!
XanderP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:27 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

Hey everyone. Found this great site from a article in "Crawler Magazine".
My names Brian and im from the Bay Area (nor-cal). No crawler as of yet but after reading some post on here Im interested.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:30 AM   #160

hey guys im a newbie, i raced a rc10 gt for a year then got a 1/8th scale 4x4 bug played with it for a couple weeks and fryed the engine, now im going to build it into a rock crawler rc after researching and finding alot of info, the rc rock crawlers just look different and are pretty cool. i live in la county in california, im more into desert racing kind of trucks (prerunners) then rock crawlers heres a pic of my truck

Last edited by scvprerunner; 11-27-2005 at 03:39 AM.
scvprerunner is offline   Reply With Quote