Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 PM   #161

That's a nice lookin rig.

I am new to RC crawlers, but it seems that most people run electric due to torque issues and low speed operation.

But actually thinking about what you said about it being fried, then I think maybe you meant the chassis...

any thing is possible, I guess. lots of people build real trick custom rigs, while others (like me) buy most stuff. I have a stick, but the nn from the crawler store looks good too.
High elevation Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2005, 10:44 PM   #162

New here so this is where I post up right? I want to post some pics of my rc crawler but I'm not sure where to put them.
Rev. Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:46 PM   #163
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Parsley
New here so this is where I post up right? I want to post some pics of my rc crawler but I'm not sure where to put them.
Welcome to the site.

What vehicle is it you want to post up?
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:34 AM   #164

Default Ideal top speed

Hey everyone, I come in here alot and watch vids and read up on stuff, but havn't posted till now. I've been into R/C since 1989, so I don't realy consider myself a newbie , but am new to r/c rock crawling. I do 4wheel alot in my 1:1 yota on 38's, so joining two of my hobbies in one is gonna be fun!

I'm geting ready to start a crawler project and have a question. I searched around a little and didn't find much on the subject.

What is the IDEAL top speed (MPH) to gear for?

I have a setup on paper right now that will give me a top speed of 3.3 mph. And I might put a 1:2 gearset in the tranny to have a HI/LO shiftable setup so HI gear would be 6.6 mph.

Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks for the help.
Xtreme R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER
Welcome to the site.

What vehicle is it you want to post up?
Thanks! I ended up posting pics and specs in the members rides thread. Check it out.
Rev. Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #166
Adilynsdad too!

Welcome to ALL new one's to the site. There is a lot of helpful and useful information to be found. If I post it's pretty useless crap, so pay me no attention.
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 AM   #167

Default New Guy

Hey Ya'll, Nice To Be Here With All The Crawlin Junkies. Spent Years Trying To Go Fast And Now I Have More Fun @ 1 Mph Then I Ever Had At 40 Mph. Here Is A Pic Of My Ride. From Richmond Ky and we have a lot of rocks to climb!
Attached Images

Last edited by INVINCIBLE; 12-10-2005 at 02:37 PM.
INVINCIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #168
Rock Stacker

Another crawler noob here!! My name is Shaun. I live out in Riverside CA. Total gearhead! Have 7 1:1 cars/trucks and 5 r/c cars/trucks I got hooked on this crawler stuff a few weeks ago with the nylint 1.6 jeep....but now I want a nice scale crawler...one with axle clearence I have been into RC stuff off and on since it started....my dad had one the first tamiya baja bugs back in like 1981-82. I have a bolink legends car, a tamiya prerunner, an older RC10 truck, the 1.6 nylint, and a Tmaxx ( btw all are for sale).

I will be starting on a TLT based crawler with Benders chassis after the 1st of the year followed by a TXT based crawler (hopefully). I am sure I will have lots of ?'s!
Kick *** site!
jedrattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #169

Hey everyone.

Not new to rock crawling, just new to doin it from a spectators view

Anyway, Ive had a clod for over 17 yrs and havn't touched it for the last 10. Thats about to change now

I just purchased a RockBull chassis, RCGuy steering and some piggyback coilover shocks to get me started.

More to come but It'll be in the Clod forum.

Cool & helpful website
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #170

Default Not a neebie for long...

I'm Jason, go figure... But for saving grace of everyone, J.T. will work. I'm from CO, I have been into R/C for 17 years, done some carpet racing and crap, but have always liked trucks. Rock crawling has a hold of me now, and the things I learned yesterday at the comp will help me in the future. I can't wait to bust out the new project. Hopefully it will be done in time for the next comp...
Big thanks to Skippy for ditching the cantilevers off of my ESP
babythebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #171

Ok another newbie to this "Sport"....hey guys....I'd love to know what you all think is the best drivetrain to use for a crawler.... I want to get one goin but would like to get some good input first....Any help would be appreciated.... I'm lookin at the xr011...does it look worth the money? http://www.rcrockcrawling.com/index....385eb6debdd510
THE_Boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #172

Default That's a nice looking chassis but...

I haven't been doing this long, but I know that I could build a fairly capable crawler for a lot less than $1,600.00
I like using Clod axles, it's easy to lock the diffs and the bearing set is cheap.
If I were you, I would spend some time on rccrawler and check out the Clod forum. There is a how to build lay out that I found to be helpful... Hope it saves you some cash...

Right on,
J.T.
babythebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #173

Default Mine Lst Crawler

HI I AM LOOKING TO FIND SOMETHINGS TO HELP MY MINE LST CRAWEL CAN SOME ONE HELP
K DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:33 PM   #174
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by K DADDY
HI I AM LOOKING TO FIND SOMETHINGS TO HELP MY MINE LST CRAWEL CAN SOME ONE HELP
Welcome to the site.

Sell the LST and buy an electric truck, you'll be alot happier.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #175
Pebble Pounder

Hey im new but done some posting here any why what are Trail Rigs pm me plz with answers and what is the diffences in them and crawlers? also looked a a theard about toyotas where do u guys get those chassis and stuff
Nylintjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #176

hi all i am new here im looking to build one of these rc crawlers. but dont know anything about them. like where to get the axles and all that stuff here is my real rig hopefully i will build a rc soon

jeepinlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:55 AM   #177
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

YO.....I've been playing with crawlers for a couple of years now... well actually after busting up my usa1, I took a break and built a 1:1 rig ...now I'm back putting my clod axles to good use amazing how the sport evolved, great to be part of the site too... keep up the good work dudes8-)
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #178

Hi Folks
Just joined this great forum and as of yet i dont have a crawler but i do race Nitro buggies and also own a HPI savage (please dont moan at me i know)
I have over christmas been looking at the crawlers and have found this site very good and full of very useful info, So a big hello from over the pond and once i have my crawler sorted i will post pics.

Great forum guys

Alvin
boobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Give us the general info:
Who you are?
Jason

Quote:
What kind of rig you have?
1:18's Jeep and Scorpion, stock.

Quote:
Where you live?
Annapolis, Md

Been into 1:1 wheeling for about 12 years now, 1:18 wheeling, about 12 days.

Wheeling rig: '87 YJ-D44's, 8" SOA , 5.38's, Locked f/r, 36" TSL/SX, Hummer tail lights, TJ front flares all way 'round, much sheet metal trimmage, much trail damage, much more . . .

RC Wheeling Rig: '05 Scorpion. Stock, not for too long with the likes of you guys.

Great site, thanks for all the tips.

BTW, I brought beer:

Creek Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:54 AM   #180

Give us the general info:
Who you are? I'm not telling.
What kind of rig you have? 1/18th scale Nylint Rock Crawler Jeep
Where you live? Some where in VA.

Hello,

I'm new to the rock crawling sceen with the RC. I read about the thing in one of my 4 wheeling magazines. I have a 2005 Nissan Xterra S edition that I go wheelin with when I have the time so in the mean time I wheel with my little RC. There's a lot of good info that I have found already by reading the Nylint forums. I've been around a lot of sites like these as I'm a member of a couple other clubs.

The kind of hositilty that I have seen some of you guys give to the newbies reminds me of one site in particular that I visit. Glad most of the crap that I get there I just tend to ignore so I'll do the same here. Don't worry I do know how to use the search button and will ask something only if I can't find it.
dang is offline   Reply With Quote