Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #1901

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

First post, from Boone NC. Just getting back into the hobby after about a fifteen year hiatus. Just bought a Wraith and looking to have a bit of fun.
Boone Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #1902

My name is scott. live in the woods mid california. these scale rock crawlers are awesome. i been modding axial wraith significantly
Scottjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #1903
Pebble Pounder

Word from Oahu, HI. I want to FPV a wraith or scx10 or sth similar and just cruise around. In a perfect world I would pick up a kit and some Holmes electronics with a beefy Hitec MG. Prob gonna hold out for something used to come my way, though.

Operating a crawler with an aircraft radio anyone? I've seen a couple if threads on it. I have a Taranis I look forward to programming for the project.
Pushjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #1904

Hey All,

Not my first post but I hadn't seen this thread first either. Anyway, I'm located in St. Louis, MO and currently have an Axial AX-10 Deadbolt and am into rc boats as well. Anyone near my area feel free hit me up to go out and play sometime.
rkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #1905

Hello Humans Yes im what you would call a newb.. I have just bought a Axial Scx10 Rubicon Jeep. Im located in Dayton Ohio and Would love to get to know some people ( if Any around here) To go crawling with.. My name is Tim and im 26 As for my Axial ive got a whole scale Theme planned out .. I have known and wanted a scale rc truck for a while now ever since watching Rcsparks on youtube.. so i can safely saw i know a lil .. So if anyone friendly near me would like to meet up and talk scale trucks like nerds let me know..
MA55ACRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #1906

Hi Kids, Todd from Metro Detroit. Just bought a Scx10, Haven't even received it yet. I've had Cheap Electric Trucks, an expensive 1/8th Scale Nitro Ofna and a pricey Helicopter that last 15 minutes. I own 2 real Jeeps. 2013 JK Unlimited and a 2001 Jeep XJ. I won't be getting too carried away with this Scx10..I hope!
SicJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #1907
Pebble Pounder

Long time lurker of this site but finally pulled the trigger last month starting with my son. Bug is in full affect.

Picked up RS10 for my son...then I had to pick me up a honcho...now I'm building a dingo up for my daughter busy month.

From the Bay Area, California.
derycksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #1908

Hi everyone new to the site and just wanted to post my truck it's a RC4WD trail stomper

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
rcspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #1909
Pebble Pounder

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

First post.

Name is Andy, from Lenoir NC.
Currently own a Stampede 4x4 and a SCX10 - Rubicon. Both bought used from ebay and of course both with issues that the sellers "forgot to disclose". But they are a Ton of fun!

Stampede 4x4 VXL:
RPM Front and Rear A Arms
RPM Front Bumper
Aluminum GTR High Volume Shocks
Traxxas Aluminum Front Hubs
Traxxas Aluminum Rear Stub Axle Carrier
MIPs front and rear
Velineon Aluminum Heat Sink
King Headz Motor Mount
RPM ESC Cage
Traxxas Aluminum Bearing Adapter
Pro-Line Trencher with Desperado

SCX10:
Axial full metal link set
Moved the battery up front
Ghetto light kit
Soon to have a new Rx & Tx
More to come soon!

Pics:

BrotherAndySLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #1910

hey all! Im new to RC forums, but not forums in general. I own only one RC Crawler. I have an Axial Wraith Poison Spyder edition. I only bought it a month ago and already have made huge improvements. I have a Holmes Hobby Expert 35t Torque master motor. 87t spur 14t pinion.... Mayhem Billet wheels with SEDONA tires. Led light bar up top. led underbody rock lights, front LED bumper lights on my modified PROLINE front bumper. Ive moved the battery up front... and the ESC to the driver side floorboard. RC4WD Wireless winch.... ummmm Vanquish link bars and steering bars.... vanquish axles shafts for the front.... and a Protek PTK-150s Steering servo..... annnnnnd Axial steering horn..... I think thats it lol. So far. Im in northern CA and wish there were more people here into rc crawling here.

slammedyota91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #1911
Rock Stacker

New to the forum,just checking in!
4.3 Zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #1912

Hey ya'll, new to the forum. Like others, it's been a while since I've touched RC's, my first being a Kyosho Rocky I built back in college to procrastinate. I've been sucked back in after seeing a video of an RC Jeep w/ a snow plow, and since we've had so much snow here in VA, I bought myself a Dingo and a Gelande II kit. I guess you could say I'm a D90 nut.
Attached Images

pl626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #1913

New to the crawling scene but not R/C's. Recently got my old Nitro Sport running again and got bored with it, so I'm looking at getting a crawler. I'm leaning towards the rs10 xt since I'll be upgrading everything anyways. But I do wish I could get on the classified section and see what all is on there before I pull the trigger. Haha
Ss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #1914

My pictures keep coming up sideways can anyone help me? Im am posting from my galaxy s3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
schoony08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #1915
Rock Stacker

Just "saw" this thread
Who you are? - Rob
What kind of rig you have? Waiting on an Axial Wraith Kit
Where you live? Mobile Alabama
Gossamer_G30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #1916

New to the forum (first post!) and new to RC trucks. Bought a Traxxas Gravedigger to play around, then discovered this whole other side called Rock Crawling! Should have done more research first! Trying to decide between Axial's Honcho or Rubicon. Either way, this Saturday's trip to Tammie's Hobbies will lighten the wallet a bunch! Can't wait to get crawling!

I'm planning to convert my rock covered yard into a crawling playground. Got a couple acres with plenty of big boulders (3' or higher) all the way down to dust here. Too many rocks to even be able to mow, so might as well find something fun to do with the yard.

First project will be a suspension bridge between 2 boulders. May even start that today!

Thanks to all the folks who have been here a while for the inspiration. Some of your personal courses are amazing.
Phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #1917
Pebble Pounder

Another new guy sayin' hi.

Name is Andrew. I'm in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Starting my crawling hobby/addiction/obsession with a Redcat Rockslide RS10XT.

TakeOffYouHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #1918

Hey,

My name is Matt and live in BR, LA. I have an axial rubicon, axial ax10, exceed ruckus and ssc track slash. Love crawling and mud slinging almost as much as tearing 'em down to gain just a little bit more performance for the next trip out! The peeps on this site have amazing talent and skills thanks for all the help you didn't even know you where giving me.
Bayoubash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #1919

Hello I'm new on this forum my name is David I have an scx10 with a D90 hardbody and I'm from Melbourne, FL
Cubadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #1920

Hello everyone, Name's Jay. Picked up a Poison Spider Wraith couple months ago. Replacing parts as I break em like the hubs and servo. Fully using the search feature for answers. All my questions have been asked. Haven't been able to post anything except this. LoL!

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2
time2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote