Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #2201

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hey all, I'm Ted new to crawling, but familiar with the basic's of rc's. I have an scx10 I got for crawling, it has an hpi sc 15 esc and axial 27t motor.
Tedward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #2202

Corbet Hoover
Durango Colorado
Axial Wraith RTR Poison Spider

Landed here to answer questions as I refurbish the Wraith I purchased used. I'm also fixing up a Tamiya CC01 for my 7yr old to get the hang of before giving him something faster.

We plan to use them around camp after a day of wheeling as well as around the house.
Corbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #2203
RxR

Howdy,
My name is Robert.
I have a Losi Night Crawler which my son sent me!
Big mistake ! Now I have to do something with it.
I live in Southern Illinois. That's SOUTHERN Illinois.
Got to go, got to replace the St servo 👍
RxR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #2204

Hey everyone, New to the site and to crawling, just posting the obligatory newbie post.
My name is Matt
I'm in Augusta, Ga
Recently purchased an scx10 Honcho

I've had fun driving and modding so far, look forward to learning from you guys.
fightermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #2205
Pebble Pounder

Hello new guy here.

Names Mike and want to get more involved in crawler stuff since I got my son a redcat everest 10. Was amazed at what I got out of the box for the money. Now I want to build my own. I'm going threw a lot of threads now to learn up on all of it. Only other RC I have is a brushless V-maxx. Fast as hell but no were near as fun to me as going crawler.

BTW - I'm from Long Island NY

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
lonewolf8o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:02 PM   #2206
Pebble Pounder

Cooper here. Been a member for a couple of years but never was able to get into crawlers until last week. Dithered between lusting after scale vs. sportsman set-ups. Picked up a RTR Gmade R1 for myself for my birthday, and been enjoying the daylights out of it. So far, just loosened a bunch of screws, lost a few here and there, but no damage.

I've been into RC 1/10 short course trucks for a while, carbon fiber / magnesium RCE Slash platforms, one for the track, another for bashing, another for playing in a skate bowl down the street and a couple of shelf queens. I like building 'em on par with driving 'em.

the Gmade forum is kinda sleepy, but that's okay, the critical spares seem to available, advice is all over the map there, and I'm looking forward to tweaking.

My entry rig...

Thinkcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #2207
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkcooper View Post
Cooper here. Been a member for a couple of years but never was able to get into crawlers until last week. Dithered between lusting after scale vs. sportsman set-ups. Picked up a RTR Gmade R1 for myself for my birthday, and been enjoying the daylights out of it. So far, just loosened a bunch of screws, lost a few here and there, but no damage.

I've been into RC 1/10 short course trucks for a while, carbon fiber / magnesium RCE Slash platforms, one for the track, another for bashing, another for playing in a skate bowl down the street and a couple of shelf queens. I like building 'em on par with driving 'em.

the Gmade forum is kinda sleepy, but that's okay, the critical spares seem to available, advice is all over the map there, and I'm looking forward to tweaking.

My entry rig...

You will have a gas with it, make sure you get a tube of the small bearings, stock are junk, I've replaced almost all of them on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #2208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
You will have a gas with it, make sure you get a tube of the small bearings, stock are junk, I've replaced almost all of them on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that Roman Reigns??
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #2209

from north carolina
bought the axail honcho
built first crawler course
will post video once filmed
Wizard61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:08 PM   #2210

G'day from Australia
after reading the comments for a while thought id post something i love the passion everybody has here for the rc world if someone didnt know they were reading a rc site that could easily mistake you bunch for a bunch of blokes/Chicks who love taking the real cars of road. i Myself am getting into it all becasue i can get an rc replica of my car. buying a axial honch most likely, changing the shell out to a 80 series landcruiser. I havent found anyone on here with the body yet so ill have photos up next week
space069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #2211

Heya from TN,
Found this site while researching a RC that I could use to inspect crawl spaces that were too small or dangerous for me to enter. Have a Axial SCX10 on order that will arrive tomorrow (10/20/16). I really am looking forward to putting it through its paces. I live on a small farm with a dry creek on the property which should provide many days of fun trying navigate the obstacles when the water is down. I've got to figure out how to equip it to take pitures and drive it FPV. Pan and tilt, camera, lights, controllers (minimum 4 channel) etc. are all things I need to learn. Yep, I'm a newb!
Inspector Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #2212

Hi everyone,

My name is Milo , I live in Texas , been into Rc for few years now on & off . I'm new to crawling so I know very little but hope to learn from this community.
I don't have a rig yet , still researching before I pull the trigger . Crawling is a different world but from what I've read , it sounds like a blast .
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 AM   #2213

In colonial heights va. Bought first crawler a couple months ago. Scx10.2. Piled junk in backyard to crawl over, love hitting technical trails and the dry rocks at bells isle. Have no idea how to posts pics...
dirty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #2214
Rock Stacker

Hi from Iowa! I have been in the RC hobby for over 20 years. I have gone away from it but always end up coming back to it.. I have been a long time Lurker of the forums (Look at my Join Date). I have gotten into the crawlers more and more, Currently building a Beast II Kit, Preordered a TF2(Wife doesn't know yet ;)). I have a number of other cars in my collection ranging from monster trucks, to a Tamiya semi.
Huber1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:18 PM   #2215
Pebble Pounder

Newb here looking to get into comp crawling not really "digging" the scale bit, but anyway from Oklahoma and as of right now trying to get started with a bully or berg setup more than likely used but anyways hope to hear some help from time to time and get to know great people thanks!
Foxracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #2216

hey all just a little bit about me. have been in the rc hobby over 20years. I am new to this type of rc so guess im a newbie again lol. I have picked up a yeti kit so looking at motor and esc options now
armyrcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #2217
waw
Quarry Creeper

welcome to all.. we learn things all the time, from many people too.. especially here on rccrawler
even though I've been here for a few years, I still consider myself Always A Newbie
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #2218

Hello,

Im Ruud, 39 years old from Barcelona, Spain but originally from Netherlands.

I built a Tamiya Monster Beetle a while back. Now i have a 425 Unimog that i am starting to build. I got some hop up parts ordered but looking for more info how to improve the kit. Still doubting what color to paint it (and paint it inside or outside - this is my first lexan body)

Ruud
Ruud109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:33 AM   #2219

Wanted to say thank you for the add I'm new to crawlers I have 3 touring cars 4 sct 2 buggies and my first deadbolt will be at my house 11/10/16 my veterans day gift to my self. I'm from Fort Wayne Indiana hope to get some good info on this new adventure
Xjtavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #2220

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Newbie here, awesome sight! very glad to be included.

I haven't picked up and R/C vehicle in 15 years, I got my XXT Losi Stadium truck running 2 weeks ago; was browsing the internet and came across the Crawlers....Bought a Vaterra Ascender K5 the next day....truly addicted, and enjoying the heck out of it!

I love driving this rig, and am just as crazy about mods...Can't wait to learn more, and after gaining some knowledge be able to contribute..and submit build pics.

Awesome!
KevMan is offline   Reply With Quote