Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 01:32 AM   #2501
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmandu View Post
Thank you. I love the old minis as I have had 3 of them in my life time and old warbirds so it was an obvious choice to paint it that way for me. Everyone seams to like it.
Nice, my first car was a 1978 white with black roof 1275GT Clubman. Horrendous oil leaks but at 18 I couldn't give a monkey's!
See identical mini's on eBay for near £10k now!! Paid £250 for mine in 1993

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #2502

Noobish.was in to rc long ago made a come back.got a cc01 but gave it to my dad . got a ftx out back but gave it to my bro.have a vaterra ascender k10. Added metal bead lock wheels with pitbull tiers . sealed out the motor to a 27t but battery life stoped from over a he to about 20 mins .so put the stock 35t back in .look in for bodys with 290 wheel base so I don't need to change it . live in Santee but on road a lot trucker .

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
xjoekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #2503

Semi noob here, longtime lurker (about a year). Really got into rc last year this time. Got a cheap Litehawk for xmas, that chewed through parts, family driving .From there is snowballed 1 more s911 same as litehawk, then a bit later a Wraith and a Yeti Score in 1 shot. Then we got the girls a 4x4 Stampede, then was a arrma granite , and just finished my first kit an SCX10 ii. So a big year, for car requsition. Apparently I'm not to buy anymore for a bit Wife says parts now for awhile, but had last 2 weeks off so went on a road trip to another hobby shop in the valley and ask my wife "Tires and wheels would be ok right" Well $365 later (few scale parts and something for the girls to keep them happy. Told the guy not to tell me how much outloud the bill was lol Anyways a quick blurb about my short rc past!
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #2504
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFWIG View Post
Semi noob here, longtime lurker (about a year). Really got into rc last year this time. Got a cheap Litehawk for xmas, that chewed through parts, family driving .From there is snowballed 1 more s911 same as litehawk, then a bit later a Wraith and a Yeti Score in 1 shot. Then we got the girls a 4x4 Stampede, then was a arrma granite , and just finished my first kit an SCX10 ii. So a big year, for car requsition. Apparently I'm not to buy anymore for a bit Wife says parts now for awhile, but had last 2 weeks off so went on a road trip to another hobby shop in the valley and ask my wife "Tires and wheels would be ok right" Well $365 later (few scale parts and something for the girls to keep them happy. Told the guy not to tell me how much outloud the bill was lol Anyways a quick blurb about my short rc past!
It's easy to justify the cost to ourselves though isn't it!
Post up some pics of that SCX

Old 01-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #2505

Yes....another Newbie here, sort of. I had a Losi Comp Crawler 8-9yrs ago , but never really did much with it because life things happened, so I put it up only to be forgotten about for several years. I order a new Axial Wraith yesterday and was digging through some old RC stuff out in my garage to so what I still have or didn't have, and low and behold, there was the Comp Crawler in the bottom of a plastic tote..lol. Now it looks like I'll have two crawlers to play with and build up. So much has changed in my time off, and I have forgotten so much that I'm going to have to lean on some of you more experienced guys and gals for advice and answers. Anyways, thanks for having me aboard!
JWG6919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #2506
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG6919 View Post
Yes....another Newbie here, sort of. I had a Losi Comp Crawler 8-9yrs ago , but never really did much with it because life things happened, so I put it up only to be forgotten about for several years. I order a new Axial Wraith yesterday and was digging through some old RC stuff out in my garage to so what I still have or didn't have, and low and behold, there was the Comp Crawler in the bottom of a plastic tote..lol. Now it looks like I'll have two crawlers to play with and build up. So much has changed in my time off, and I have forgotten so much that I'm going to have to lean on some of you more experienced guys and gals for advice and answers. Anyways, thanks for having me aboard!
Welcome back! If you need more steering angle, lookup CodyBoy as he makes some sweet axle mods for the popular rigs: Codyboy Designs "How'd you do that"?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:13 AM   #2507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
It's easy to justify the cost to ourselves though isn't it!
Post up some pics of that SCX

A few pics, put in the SCX10ii forum tonight

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
CHIEFWIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:07 AM   #2508
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFWIG View Post
A few pics, put in the SCX10ii forum tonight

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Good work, she looks great

Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #2509

Hey there, just bought a Barrage 1/24 , and I am waiting until they get stock again :( Meanwhile I spend time reading through different threads learning usefull stuff.
Greetings from Barcelona!
FCBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #2510

Howdy!! I'm a newbie to the r/c crawler world. I live in Buda, Tx...just south of Austin. I was really into the r/c hobby back in the late 80's and 90's when you had to build just about everything. That was part of the fun. I had a Tamiya Bruiser amongst a whole host of other Tamiya cars. Last car I had was the HPI RS4 MT Baja Bug. I still have it and am now updating with all new electronics and motor.

Now that kids are getting older, they are getting into the r/c hobby too....so dad needed a new toy.

I just bought one of the new Axial Trail Honcho's. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like it is a pretty capable rig out of the box.

Curious what I should be looking to upgrade first. Right now, the first items I'm considering are the Pro-Line F250 body and possible swapping tires out with SuperSwampers.
Acrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #2511

New guy from Maine. Joined the forum a while ago thinking I would get into RC cars and it never happened. I decided to pick up a used one this weekend I'll be getting a Gmade Sawback and hoping this forum will provide me good information on upgrades and modifications. I know absolutely zero about this Hobby!
3Gunnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #2512
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrozier View Post
Howdy!! I'm a newbie to the r/c crawler world. I live in Buda, Tx...just south of Austin. I was really into the r/c hobby back in the late 80's and 90's when you had to build just about everything. That was part of the fun. I had a Tamiya Bruiser amongst a whole host of other Tamiya cars. Last car I had was the HPI RS4 MT Baja Bug. I still have it and am now updating with all new electronics and motor.

Now that kids are getting older, they are getting into the r/c hobby too....so dad needed a new toy.

I just bought one of the new Axial Trail Honcho's. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like it is a pretty capable rig out of the box.

Curious what I should be looking to upgrade first. Right now, the first items I'm considering are the Pro-Line F250 body and possible swapping tires out with SuperSwampers.
Welcome Acro! I used to have an rc10, then stadium truck, Slash, Micro-T; now kids and I run ax10, Scx10 OG, and Scx10 ii. Before gluing the tires, I recommend buying some cheap beadlocks to run them on instead; eBay has them for as little as $10 shipped, or $20 with fake Super Swampers already mounted. Here's a thread on other things you might do, like raising the front bumper:

Trail Honcho, For Trailing

Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #2513
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunnah View Post
New guy from Maine. Joined the forum a while ago thinking I would get into RC cars and it never happened. I decided to pick up a used one this weekend I'll be getting a Gmade Sawback and hoping this forum will provide me good information on upgrades and modifications. I know absolutely zero about this Hobby!
Hi Gunnah! We've got plenty of info here for you. Do look around and let us know if we can help you find something. Does your Sawback come with everything to run it: ESC, motor, steering servo, radio system, battery, charger?
Old 01-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #2514
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBarcelona View Post
Hey there, just bought a Barrage 1/24 , and I am waiting until they get stock again :( Meanwhile I spend time reading through different threads learning usefull stuff.
Greetings from Barcelona!
Welcome FC! You can find some good threads on the Barrage here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/
Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #2515

Hi guys, I'm Pat. I'm in Pittsburgh, I have a Traxxas Stampede that I've neglected for a while, an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt that I bought last spring and am just now starting to mod after driving it stock for a while, and I just bought a 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD kit - I know it's not a crawler, but since I drift 1:1 and am enjoying the SCX10, I figured I'd try RC drifting as well.
RCCrawler has come up with good information on many of my google-searches for tips/ideas/etc with the SCX10, so it's about time I join and say Hi!
Pat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Hi Gunnah! We've got plenty of info here for you. Do look around and let us know if we can help you find something. Does your Sawback come with everything to run it: ESC, motor, steering servo, radio system, battery, charger?
Yes it is a ready to run set up with two extra sets of tires A battery, controller and battery charger. Unfortunately some of the original parts been removed including the body and I am hoping that once I have access to the classifieds I can find an original body and bumpers and other parts to put it back to more Factory looking.
3Gunnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM   #2517
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gunnah View Post
Yes it is a ready to run set up with two extra sets of tires A battery, controller and battery charger. Unfortunately some of the original parts been removed including the body and I am hoping that once I have access to the classifieds I can find an original body and bumpers and other parts to put it back to more Factory looking.
If you want a clear body, here's an idea:
https://m.banggood.com/PVC-Climbing-...l?rmmds=search

If you want ultra scale, maybe for with a New Bright hard body from eBay or your local Goodwill or yard sale?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #2518
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat84 View Post
Hi guys, I'm Pat. I'm in Pittsburgh, I have a Traxxas Stampede that I've neglected for a while, an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt that I bought last spring and am just now starting to mod after driving it stock for a while, and I just bought a 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD kit - I know it's not a crawler, but since I drift 1:1 and am enjoying the SCX10, I figured I'd try RC drifting as well.
RCCrawler has come up with good information on many of my google-searches for tips/ideas/etc with the SCX10, so it's about time I join and say Hi!
Welcome Pat! My son's got an Scx10 OG as well and loves it. He stole my Scx10 ii Cherokee body as part of his birthday package (I offered). It's fine though; I prefer my Honcho body.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #2519
Pebble Pounder

Hi, I am Gonzalo from Spain. I am new to the forum but not to the hobby. I have been designing, constructing and piloting RC cars, planes and helicopters. I designed my first RC car when I was 13 years old and that was 35 years ago...

I lately come interested on Rock-Crawlers, mainly on the superclass, because I think it is the more technically advanced.

Already started a design/building thread here: Crazy axles idea design

My mother tong is not English, so please forgive me if you find errors on my posts, hope they are understandable.
gonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #2520
Pebble Pounder

One question for administrators/moderators, I tried to post a reply at this thread that I started Crazy axles idea design but my new reply does not apear.
Did I missed something?
gonper is offline   Reply With Quote