Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #2621

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I've been looking into the axial deadbolt. It seems like a good solid starter with a fair price.
bama_southern89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #2622
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_southern89 View Post
I've been looking into the axial deadbolt. It seems like a good solid starter with a fair price.
RPP hobby has a sale on some vaterra rigs right now too. If your looking for other options!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #2623

Okay cool. I'll look into that. I'm still learning.
bama_southern89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #2624
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_southern89 View Post
My advice would be to spend $30 more and get the updated Scx10 ii Trail Honcho that includes CMS, better steering radius and gears: https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax90059.htm
...or else grab a bind & drive Vaterra Ascender for $290 before the $40 off coupon ends on March 30th: http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vtr03093.htm ; you'll need a radio system (ex. $50 GT3C) for the latter and you can eBay the receiver that's included with the truck.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #2625

Hi Guys! I've been lurking for quite a while but recently decided to start posting.

I'm Terry, i'm from Grafton, Ohio...

Currently i have a TRX-4 Defender, TRX-4 Bronco, Scx10, Vaterra Ascender, and i'm in the process of building my Scx10.2 kit.

I also have many non-crawler rigs as well including Axial SMT10, 2 Traxxas Stampede 2wd, 4wd Stampede, Slash 4x4, Vaterra V-100, HPI Rally, HPI Savage Flux XL...
Terryk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:40 AM   #2626
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryk2003 View Post
Hi Guys! I've been lurking for quite a while but recently decided to start posting.

I'm Terry, i'm from Grafton, Ohio...

Currently i have a TRX-4 Defender, TRX-4 Bronco, Scx10, Vaterra Ascender, and i'm in the process of building my Scx10.2 kit.

I also have many non-crawler rigs as well including Axial SMT10, 2 Traxxas Stampede 2wd, 4wd Stampede, Slash 4x4, Vaterra V-100, HPI Rally, HPI Savage Flux XL...
Welcome Terry! Glad to have you aboard. So who drives all these rigs of yours? Sounds like you've got quite the collection. How long have you been into RC?
Old 03-26-2018, 11:50 PM   #2627

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

My names Erik. First rc forum experience. Recently acquired the Losi rock Rey and did quite a bit to it. I run a 7px Futaba along with a savox waterproof servo. I知 running ssd beadlocks on proline 2.2. Live in Texas nice to have the opportunity to join and learn more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nordlingerik; 03-27-2018 at 12:18 AM.
nordlingerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:34 AM   #2628
Pebble Pounder

Good looking rig Erik, and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #2629

Not a newb to rc or forums but I am here. I'm out of Tulsa, OK. Used to have quite a few crawlers a decade ago, clods, txt1, bruiser (old one). Id always been interested in the Axials since they were created and when my kid (5 yr old) asked for an rc i used it as an excuse to buy a wraith and bomber. Im a die hard 1:1 wheeler as well Jeeps and RZRs. Currently have a tube chassis RZR and I aint afraid to send it
jstein87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #2630

Has anyone experienced Ascender or any other trucks that have hydrolocked driveshaft? Is there a way to prevent this in the future? As much as I love taking the rear axle apart, it is the wet season in New England and dont want to have to do this every time I drive through a small puddle. I'm a newbie and this truck is only a month old, just starting to get broken in. Thank you
Kindofslowsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:47 AM   #2631
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindofslowsped View Post
Has anyone experienced Ascender or any other trucks that have hydrolocked driveshaft? Is there a way to prevent this in the future? As much as I love taking the rear axle apart, it is the wet season in New England and dont want to have to do this every time I drive through a small puddle. I'm a newbie and this truck is only a month old, just starting to get broken in. Thank you
Please don't post duplicates: Ascender water locked driveshaft

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 03-30-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #2632

Hey all, Ben from Central FL...

Currently I have 2x Redcat Gen7 Pro. One's brand new and is my older daughter's truck. I'll be getting a K5 Blazer body for it and painting it up as Hawkins PD / Hop's truck from Stranger Things (her fave tv show). The other was mine, is now my 10yo's, it has full headlight/taillight/marker lights, roof mounted light bar added, some scale details, and painted up the sand rails / tools / hi lift jack.

Soon I'll be picking up an Axial 2017 Jeep CRC SCX10-II (as soon as ebay sales money from paypal clears)

Looking forward to crawling around with my kids and visiting some places to run the trucks.... we are only about 90 mins from rrw krawlzone, so I want to check them out soon...

ElektriXx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:29 PM   #2633
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektriXx2 View Post
Hey all, Ben from Central FL...

Currently I have 2x Redcat Gen7 Pro. One's brand new and is my older daughter's truck. I'll be getting a K5 Blazer body for it and painting it up as Hawkins PD / Hop's truck from Stranger Things (her fave tv show). The other was mine, is now my 10yo's, it has full headlight/taillight/marker lights, roof mounted light bar added, some scale details, and painted up the sand rails / tools / hi lift jack.

Soon I'll be picking up an Axial 2017 Jeep CRC SCX10-II (as soon as ebay sales money from paypal clears)

Looking forward to crawling around with my kids and visiting some places to run the trucks.... we are only about 90 mins from rrw krawlzone, so I want to check them out soon...

Hey Elektrix, welcome aboard! Sounds like you're well on your way towards becoming a full-on crawler addict. That's neat that your girls enjoy crawling with dad! When does mom's Ascender arrive? LOL So what do you sell on eBay to fund your crawlers? I should mention that it's a big no-no to try and sell anything here. You've probably already found it, but if not here's the Gen7 forum:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/
Old 04-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Hey Elektrix, welcome aboard! Sounds like you're well on your way towards becoming a full-on crawler addict. That's neat that your girls enjoy crawling with dad! When does mom's Ascender arrive? LOL So what do you sell on eBay to fund your crawlers? I should mention that it's a big no-no to try and sell anything here. You've probably already found it, but if not here's the Gen7 forum:
RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Redcat Crawlers at RCCrawler.com
Thanks!

Single dad here, so I gotta find mom before she gets an Ascender, lol

My main interest in RC is still planes. I have a bunch, but many I don't fly anymore, so they're going, along with some other stuff around the house I just don't use but can still get to someone who will use them.

I'll take a peek in the Gen7 forum, see what other guys are doing!
ElektriXx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:45 AM   #2635
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektriXx2 View Post
Thanks!

Single dad here, so I gotta find mom before she gets an Ascender, lol

My main interest in RC is still planes. I have a bunch, but many I don't fly anymore, so they're going, along with some other stuff around the house I just don't use but can still get to someone who will use them.

I'll take a peek in the Gen7 forum, see what other guys are doing!
Single dad who likes spending time doing hobbies and stuff with his kids? I wouldn't think you'll be on the market for very long with that on your resume'. Also you can find more info on the Scx10 ii here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/
Old 04-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #2636
Pebble Pounder

Sort of a newbie; joined in '06, just waiting on a few more parts for my SCX-10 II. Forgot i had an account on here!

A lot has changed since my last RC, Novak had just come out with a brushless setup that i put in an Associated TC3. Had to do some reading to brush up on LiPo's and how many brushless options are available now.
Techno Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #2637

I'm Scott from Ft Worth TX. I'm pretty new to rc world. I bought 2 axial bomber RTR for my kids for Christmas. We have really enjoyed them so far. We have broken and upgraded a few things. Now I'm thinking about getting a crawler for myself. Maybe one that's a little faster than the bomber. I'm looking at Axial yeti, wraith, or Losi Rock Rey. I really like the solid front axle of the bomber and wraith for climbing and crawling. But the yeti and rock rey look like a lot of fun. Do the IFS buggies do good crawling like our bombers? Or would it be worth it to try to upgrade the bomber with new motor or gears for more speed? We mostly run trails and rocks but some faster high speed bashing looks like fun. I'm open to all brands but I prefer the realistic scale crawlers. Thanks.
smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #2638

Hello all. I’m brand new to the rc world. Traded for ax10. It’s probably one of the first years of the ax10. I’m becoming obsessed with crawlers! It’s on my mind steady day and night. However My 5 year old son does not let me have a turn driving it too much haha. So I’m looking to get a second truck but not sure what to get.i want to get a new kit and build a truck. I have a 5ac yard with a lot of area to play.(once the 2ft of snow melts). I’m thinking a axial scx10 would be a good all around truck? Any advice or help would be awesome! I have got some good advice from some other posts I have made.gotta love these community forums!
Fasteddy107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #2639
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddy107 View Post
Hello all. I知 brand new to the rc world. Traded for ax10. It痴 probably one of the first years of the ax10. I知 becoming obsessed with crawlers! It痴 on my mind steady day and night. However My 5 year old son does not let me have a turn driving it too much haha. So I知 looking to get a second truck but not sure what to get.i want to get a new kit and build a truck. I have a 5ac yard with a lot of area to play.(once the 2ft of snow melts). I知 thinking a axial scx10 would be a good all around truck? Any advice or help would be awesome! I have got some good advice from some other posts I have made.gotta love these community forums!
Welcome to rcc! The scx10 a good choice although there's a lot of newer and better options around. I would suggest maybe the Vaterra Ascender, scx10.2, Traxxas TRX-4 or the Redcat gen7 sport/pro. There's many more than I've mentioned but I think those will be the most popular suggestions you'll see around here.
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #2640

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCompany View Post
Welcome to rcc! The scx10 a good choice although there's a lot of newer and better options around. I would suggest maybe the Vaterra Ascender, scx10.2, Traxxas TRX-4 or the Redcat gen7 sport/pro. There's many more than I've mentioned but I think those will be the most popular suggestions you'll see around here.

I know nothing about the other brands. Just figured sticking with the same general truck and parts would be a good way to go? Axial are a decent product hey? I知 up for opinions 😁
Fasteddy107 is offline   Reply With Quote