Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Rock Racer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #21

Default Re: Rock Racer?

My vote is to build a 1.9 Wraith. They can be setup to crawl extremely well - and bash pretty well too.

My current one(2nd 1.9 Wraith I've built) is on XR width axles and I just dropped in a SSD 2-Speed wraith trans. Power will be a Castle 2850kv slate.

Gearing calcs with 56/10t will place it right around 20mph in the taller gear - plenty fast for a "rock racer" IMO.

Wraith cages can be had cheap in the classified section.
ljparton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2018, 11:57 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Hello again guys!

Next month will probably be a good time to finally buy the Bomber. But searching forums once again i found the GMADE GOM. Gom's kit is around 70€ cheaper than the Bomber (330€ vs 410€). I think the bomber wins 70/30 but i need to make sure i choosed the right rig for what i want. So i wanna ask you one final question - Bomber or GOM?

To sumarize things:

- i came from Tamiya CC-01, Vaterra Ascender and RCMODELex so basically all scale trailers/crawlers
- now i want something quicker but not too much .. i still want to be able to crawl, but main purpose will be trailing and of course SOME jumping and bashing
- for speed and bashing only i would choose Losi Rock Rey but as i want a crawler/basher "hybrid" i choosed Axial Bomber
- but nobody mentioned Gmade GOM before and it looks like a pretty good Rock Racer too with a decent price
- from what i read, Gom is better crawler than Bomber but i have RCMODELex for that, so Bomber wins 1-0
- Bomber's cage is more solid - good for jumping, bashing, Bomber wins 2-0
- Gom has problems with the pins inside the axles, Bomber doesn't have any major weak points which should break as often as those pins, Bomber wins 3-0
- Gom kit is cheaper, Gom wins 1:3
- aftermarket support - i think Bomber wins hands down, 4:1
- you can fit pretty big 3S Lipo battery into the Bomber, Gom can "take" only shorty-packs? Not a big deal, but still bigger is better
- design of the Gom appeals to me a little bit more, but that's not a big deal as i like the Bomber very much

Bomber 4 vs 1 Gom

Any other thoughts for Gom and against Bomber before i finally make the purchase?

Last edited by Taurus84; 06-28-2018 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added aftermarket support
Taurus84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:02 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Sorry, even though I like the styling of the GOM, it's Bomber all the way for me...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:57 AM   #24

I have a Bomber and love it, but the Losi Rock Rey wasn't available when I purchased it. Now that that Losi Rock Rey kit is $250 I'd most likely purchase it over the Bomber.

If, for some reason you decide on the Bomber make sure you get the kit. It includes so many upgrades that the RTR does't include.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:20 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Ok guys, Bomber it is. Thanks all again
Taurus84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I have a Bomber and a GOM. The bomber is stronger, but for some reason I just love the GOM. Both are brushless. Both of mine run 2 speed boxes...which added another £100 or so to the Bomber. It sgood however being able to crawl in first and then blast about in 2nd...
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rock Racer? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want a rock racer. Yeti vs Twin Hammers vs Gom vs Bomber vs Rock Rey TIME MACHINE General Crawlers 27 11-20-2018 05:58 AM
Losi Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Open for Pre-Order RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 01-04-2017 06:18 PM
Rock Racer to Rock Crawler Conversion Orgnoi1 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 03-06-2010 10:07 PM