Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial scx10 ii electronics relocation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial scx10 ii electronics relocation.

I could use some help guys. My son and I are new to rc crawling and I'm wanting to relocate the electronics and the battery. I see how the battery tray from bps works but I was wondering if you could give me some pictures and pointers on the best ways to move the electronics? Also is there any other battery mounts available? This will be done on the axial trail honcho and the jeep jk. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
4kids crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial scx10 ii electronics relocation.

It would help to know where exactly you want to move the electronics, and what is wrong with were they are currently located. Generally I just find a flat spot and use 3M double-sided tape, cleaning both surfaces with isopropyl alcohol before applying the tape.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Heres my scx10ii jeep 4dr chassis. Got some aluminum plate from the hardware store cut it to size drilled some holes and mounted it. Used the original velcro strap on the body and the original receiver box just cut it off of the nerf bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRAWLIN5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #4

A lot of guys put the battery and electronics on top of the rock sliders using sheets of Styrene or aluminum.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids crawlin View Post
I could use some help guys. My son and I are new to rc crawling and I'm wanting to relocate the electronics and the battery. I see how the battery tray from bps works but I was wondering if you could give me some pictures and pointers on the best ways to move the electronics? Also is there any other battery mounts available? This will be done on the axial trail honcho and the jeep jk. Thank you for any help.

Might help if you told us why you want to relocate your electronics. Different reason call for different locations.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Mine are set up like CRAWLIN5150's, but I've wanted to do the slider mounted trays, which would be great if the body you're using allows for it.

I hated having the electronics box under the battery tray...horribly inconvenient.
Can you show me a few pictures of your setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLIN5150 View Post
Heres my scx10ii jeep 4dr chassis. Got some aluminum plate from the hardware store cut it to size drilled some holes and mounted it. Used the original velcro strap on the body and the original receiver box just cut it off of the nerf bars

I'm guessing all you did was cut the box from the factory skid?

Quote:
Mine are set up like CRAWLIN5150's, but I've wanted to do the slider mounted trays, which would be great if the body you're using allows for it.

I hated having the electronics box under the battery tray...horribly inconvenient.
What is a slider mount?

That one looks good. And it's made right here in North Carolina. What do you guys think about the difference in the straight style mount versus one like the bps model?

Last edited by THX_138; 07-11-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Merged, posts a minute apart
Old 06-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Video covering the setup and relocation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1f9S5eJGE&t=1s

Mount brackets holding the rock sliders to the frame make a good base for mounting flat trays to, and in turn mounting your radio box and ESC on. SCX10-II has these stock. But if you're using a narrow or low-sided body it doesn't work well, like my '46 in the video.

The radio box mount struts align with the original battery tray mounts in front of the rear axle, although in your Honcho it came with the forward mounted battery tray mounted above the radio box, right? Adding short (3mm - 5mm) spacers between the rear radio box bosses and the rear battery tray mount levels it.

Bowhouse is quality stuff. You'll meet Nick if you hit any event around here; great guy, knows his stuff. I run a BP Custom Chassis crossways battery mount in my Ascender and really like it, but they don't work with my Power Wagon or Deadbolt bodies.
So would I need to purchase an original scx10 electronics box to move the electronics between the frame rails?

Old 06-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can you show me a few pictures of your setup?

Video covering the setup and relocation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1f9S5eJGE&t=1s

Mount brackets holding the rock sliders to the frame make a good base for mounting flat trays to, and in turn mounting your radio box and ESC on. SCX10-II has these stock. But if you're using a narrow or low-sided body it doesn't work well, like my '46 in the video.

The radio box mount struts align with the original battery tray mounts in front of the rear axle, although in your Honcho it came with the forward mounted battery tray mounted above the radio box, right? Adding short (3mm - 5mm) spacers between the rear radio box bosses and the rear battery tray mount levels it.

Bowhouse is quality stuff. You'll meet Nick if you hit any event around here; great guy, knows his stuff. I run a BP Custom Chassis crossways battery mount in my Ascender and really like it, but they don't work with my Power Wagon or Deadbolt bodies.

Quote:
So would I need to purchase an original scx10 electronics box to move the electronics between the frame rails?

I gotcha, sorry...so you have an SCX10-II Honcho already and want to go to aftermarket rock sliders so you want to relocate the electronics OFF of the stock slider trays...

Last edited by THX_138; 07-11-2018 at 10:04 AM.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I gotcha, sorry...so you have an SCX10-II Honcho already and want to go to aftermarket rock sliders so you want to relocate the electronics OFF of the stock slider trays...
Yes sir.

Quote:
My son has the honcho and I'm planning to order the jeep jk here in a few minutes. I like the honcho but didn't want all the plastic parts and he likes the jeep. So we're gonna trade bodies.

Last edited by THX_138; 07-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes sir.

I understand. I wasn't as smart as others to ask more questions before replying.

I haven't had a II yet so my answers may be absolutely useless to you. I should THINK you should be able to relocate your stock radio box to the same location as CRAWLIN5150's but I'd be guessing and I've already done enough of that.

As for obtaining an OG SCX10 box and frame mounting it that would be experimental too...

So basically, had I read the title of your thread I would've just stayed quiet, which I will now do.

Last edited by 2mtech; 06-22-2018 at 04:31 PM.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

To those asking yes i just cut the receiver box out of the og skids

CRAWLIN5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I ended up ordering 2 of these from rc4wd. Cheaper than the aluminum ones and I like it. Little paint and detail and it will look good.

Last edited by THX_138; 07-11-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Axial scx10 ii electronics relocation. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocation Battery Plate for Axial SCX10 II Stomper Fan 777 Axial SCX10 II 16 01-22-2018 10:17 AM
Wraith Spawn 3D printed bolt-in battery/electronics relocation Slovenian6474 Axial Wraith 15 01-10-2016 08:48 PM
best electronics for axial scx10 joel0201 Newbie General 15 10-25-2014 09:14 PM