Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Maverick Scout - bent wheels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
nyx

Default Maverick Scout - bent wheels?

I've got a Maverick Scout yesterday and I've noticed that all tires are slightly bent.

I'm not 100% sure where the problem is - when looking at the tire, it's quite visible, but after taking one of the wheels off I've also noticed it's slightly visible on the hex nut as well. The wobbling behavior on the hex seems to be expected, since it's threaded on the axle at a very slight degree.

What do you think? Have you noticed this before?

Thanks!

Last edited by nyx; 07-06-2018 at 08:00 AM.
nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 06:56 AM   #2

Default Re: Maverick Scout - bent wheels?

Are you sure it's not just the tire glued crooked?

The wheels are plastic I believe, correct? I saw a kid take a box stock Maverick Scout or something similar and break the wheels with the stock power on a 2S LiPo.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Foams off center maybe and have some water in them

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #4
nyx

Thanks for the responses. I didn't manage to get it outside yet, so it cannot be water. I've mostly tried at home and it's still on its first charge.

I've removed one of the wheel hexes and the axle, just to check if they are bent, but everything seems fine. There is a slight wobble in the axle when running it, but it's very little - it probably comes from the other axle attached to the diff.

I think it could be the wheels or the tires. I've called the shop where I got it from and they said that it's normal, because the car stayed in a box for some time and the tires bent a bit. They said that they will straighten with time.

Have you seen this before?

The tires are attached using a bead lock. If I want to check the foam, can I just remove the screws from the bead lock? Would it be hard to put it back? Sorry for so many questions, it's my first hobby grade RC .
nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyx View Post
Thanks for the responses. I didn't manage to get it outside yet, so it cannot be water. I've mostly tried at home and it's still on its first charge.

I've removed one of the wheel hexes and the axle, just to check if they are bent, but everything seems fine. There is a slight wobble in the axle when running it, but it's very little - it probably comes from the other axle attached to the diff.

I think it could be the wheels or the tires. I've called the shop where I got it from and they said that it's normal, because the car stayed in a box for some time and the tires bent a bit. They said that they will straighten with time.

Have you seen this before?

The tires are attached using a bead lock. If I want to check the foam, can I just remove the screws from the bead lock? Would it be hard to put it back? Sorry for so many questions, it's my first hobby grade RC .
It's most likely the foam that is causing the wobble, and if so it won't hurt anything to run it like that. To take apart the wheel/tire/foam you just remove the screws. It is not difficult to reassemble them.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Maverick Scout - bent wheels? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maverick Scout 1/10 polkut Electronics 1 02-06-2015 06:08 AM
maverick scout oddy4691 Electronics 1 07-09-2013 11:30 AM
New guy with a Maverick Scout. Smallshinyant Newbie General 1 04-24-2012 09:41 AM
Maverick Scout question SecretTamiyaLover Newbie General 2 09-20-2011 04:10 AM
Maverick Scout - anyone got one? jayuk022002 General Crawlers 7 07-16-2011 05:29 AM