Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tire foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Tire foams

Here’s an example of Proline TSL-SX-XL,good tires that are pretty beat down, but still preform great despite their appearance. I wasn’t very impressed with them at first, but after a break in period they got better and better. The quality of these rc tires today are amazing. Companies are putting an amazing amount of research into them. Getting them to preform a lot like 1 to 1.
Attached Images

Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I ordered a set of PB rock beast tires. Goina order the CI foams tonite. Should i get some simple green n soak my tires? If so, how long should i soak them? Wats the purpose of soakin them anyway?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:51 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Ive got a set of rc4wd iroks im runnin now. They were used wen i got them, but they do an awesome job on the rocks. They dont look to b more than half wore.

Oh, on my new PBs, should i put 2-3 holes in the tread? My iroks have 2 holes in them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjking View Post
Here’s an example of Proline TSL-SX-XL,good tires that are pretty beat down, but still preform great despite their appearance. I wasn’t very impressed with them at first, but after a break in period they got better and better. The quality of these rc tires today are amazing. Companies are putting an amazing amount of research into them. Getting them to preform a lot like 1 to 1.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepycrawly805 View Post
Whats some good sites that have a reasonable dhipping time for axial wraith parts thats not Amazon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
eBay, AMain Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, RPP Hobby
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Since this thread was originally about tire foam...I have a brand new Traxxas Defender that now has aluminum bumpers, full light setup, winch and receiver and a bunch of new wiring. Its gained a bit of weight to say the least. So my OEM tires look like they’ve gone flat! I mean flat!! I dont think the stock Traxxas foam can support my little pig and the ground clearance is suffering. Any ideas thrown my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
GForceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceSS View Post
Since this thread was originally about tire foam...I have a brand new Traxxas Defender that now has aluminum bumpers, full light setup, winch and receiver and a bunch of new wiring. Its gained a bit of weight to say the least. So my OEM tires look like they’ve gone flat! I mean flat!! I dont think the stock Traxxas foam can support my little pig and the ground clearance is suffering. Any ideas thrown my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
That's where the CI dual stage foams come in to play. The inner closed cell absorbs the heavy load and prevents the tire from totally being crushed but the outer open cell still conforms for the rocks. Something like the Lil Nova 4.5" dual stages with medium outers front and rear would make a huge difference. The only problem now is the stock wheels are glue-on unless you switch to beadlocks.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I just ordered CI foams for my PB rock beasts. Ive seen where alot of ppl have commented about soakin in simple green. Should i do that to my new tires wen they get here? Wats the purpose of doin this?

Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
That's where the CI dual stage foams come in to play. The inner closed cell absorbs the heavy load and prevents the tire from totally being crushed but the outer open cell still conforms for the rocks. Something like the Lil Nova 4.5" dual stages with medium outers front and rear would make a huge difference. The only problem now is the stock wheels are glue-on unless you switch to beadlocks.
Thanks Sneetches! I will look into new wheels and dual stage foam.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I just ordered CI foams for my PB rock beasts. Ive seen where alot of ppl have commented about soakin in simple green. Should i do that to my new tires wen they get here? Wats the purpose of doin this?

Rubber and plastics manufactures use mold release to eject the part from the mold. Some residue may remain on the tire or part rendering the CA glue you apply useless. Same reason I wash my scale models before painting them
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Would it help to do so using beadlocks as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceSS View Post
Rubber and plastics manufactures use mold release to eject the part from the mold. Some residue may remain on the tire or part rendering the CA glue you apply useless. Same reason I wash my scale models before painting them
Old 10-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Would it help to do so using beadlocks as well?

It wouldnt hurt to wash all the pieces with warm water and Dawn dish soap. Which is the best detergent, us modellers found, to rid your parts of oils and release agents. Just let them dry overnight.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

1 hole in the tire is sufficient.
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17dean View Post
1 hole in the tire is sufficient.
Thanks for the response dean! U know those mud slingers i ordered, smh,still aint here. They sat in KY for 3 days, went to GA, for 2 days n theyve been in FL (missent) for 4 days. Dang DHL smh

Tire foams - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire foams jeeptec Axial SCX10 II 6 07-05-2016 12:35 AM
Tire foams CrawlerGuy12 Newbie General 5 04-07-2015 10:03 PM
?s about tire foams crazy4ink Tires and Wheels 3 11-15-2005 05:29 PM