Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Servo help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #1

Default Servo help

I just bought a new Savox Servo which is high voltage 7.4 says. It's the SB 2290 SG. It's going on my savage flux. I know it's probably Overkill but I wanted to get a real good one that's being my first replacement. I've never programmed one of these. So my first question is do I need to program it? Zecondly how do I program it if I do? I have the Spektrum dx3 radio. Third question is do I plug it right into the receiver box or does this need its own feed from the battery?
scottyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Servo help

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyscott View Post
I just bought a new Savox Servo which is high voltage 7.4 says. It's the SB 2290 SG. It's going on my savage flux. I know it's probably Overkill but I wanted to get a real good one that's being my first replacement. I've never programmed one of these. So my first question is do I need to program it? Zecondly how do I program it if I do? I have the Spektrum dx3 radio. Third question is do I plug it right into the receiver box or does this need its own feed from the battery?

I have the same servo on my Yeti. You can change the voltage settings by using the Castle Link software. http://home.castlecreations.com/download-castle-link/ It will also give you access to a whole bunch of programming options for your ESC. I run mine at 7.4 because my ESC can sustain that voltage.

What ESC are you running? If it can’t handle the 7.4 you will need a BEC.

-Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:14 AM   #3

Thanks for responding!
I have the flux blur esc.
I am really new to the hobby by the way.

Last edited by scottyscott; 12-04-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 AM   #4

Flux blur esc and
Spektrum sr200 receiver if that is important
Old 12-04-2018, 05:37 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You can only set your operating voltage as high as your lowest common denominator. Here are the specs on the SR200 Rx: Specifications:
# of Channels: 2
Modulation: DSM
Band: 2.4GHz
Receiver: SR200
Dimensions (LxWxH): 1.62x1.06x0.58" (41x27x15mm)
Weight: 0.3 oz (9 g)
Input Voltage Range: 3.5V to 9.6V

I wouldn't go much past 7.4v, which should operate your servo just fine. But, as Nastyman211 stated, it will depend on the specs of your ESC. Hook it up and see how it operates. If you start getting brown outs and glitching, it's a good indication you've over-taxed your ESC's internal BEC, which will require you to run an external BEC.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

A "high voltage" servo means it is designed to be powered directly by a 2 cell lipo battery. Assuming you have a RX that can also handle 8.4v, you can wire the rx directly to the battery, otherwise, just connect the signal wire to the rx, and the power wires directly to the battery.
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
A "high voltage" servo means it is designed to be powered directly by a 2 cell lipo battery. Assuming you have a RX that can also handle 8.4v, you can wire the rx directly to the battery, otherwise, just connect the signal wire to the rx, and the power wires directly to the battery.
I can do this without a bec? Just run the power leads right to the 7.4 lipo?
Old 12-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyscott View Post
I can do this without a bec? Just run the power leads right to the 7.4 lipo?
Yes, this is the entire point of HV servos, to eliminate the problems associated with powering the servo with a BEC.
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM