Notices

Thread: axial ? vs redcat gen 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: axial ? vs redcat gen 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
OR, he's a veteran RCer that knows quality parts cost more than cheap counterfeit ebay knock off parts. Just Sayin!

Or you're just not real good with sarcasm. A little slow on the uptake...
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2019, 11:10 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm not so certain. I distinctly remember building my first SCX10 kit and when cutting the axle housing off of the tree it was crunchy. You could feel the glass fibers. I just remember that being very different than any RC plastic I had cut in the past. Am I the only one?
Your cutters were probably just dull.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
And, remember, Axial got a new parts supplier somewhere along the way and it's possible didn't have the exact receipt for the plastics formula. I have no idea - just thinking out loud.
Since 2012, Kingstar RC of Taiwan has been under contract manufacturing Axial, Arma, as well as the now dysfunct Durango Brand.

Axial and Arma plastics remain unchanged.
There are basically 3 types of different Axial plastics. And with the exception of the recent "unpopular grey composite LCG Trans." , nothing has changed to date.

Last edited by SteveRC; 02-01-2019 at 06:37 PM.
SteveRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #64

Maybe if Axial loses enough sales to Redcat, Kingstar can resurrect the Durango plastic recipe.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:15 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
OMG this happens on every forum Ive ever been on..SMH... If you are new and reading this, read my comment a few comments back... That is really good advise...

There is always gonna be Ford is better than Chevy or Bud light is better than Coors light "people"..Just study what you want and do not buy something quickly off of impulse..
I want to thank everyone for the input... still reading, so far i'm only on page 2 / this is worthy of me to leave a comment, i ended up getting a Gen8.

I LOVE Dio... but listen to Ozzy too. I have a Bomber, because i wanted one. Now I have a VERY easy to get to insides, Gen8. My bomber is badass... so will be my Gen8. Just needed something straight outta the box to play with, while building the bomber. Dual steering, lower gears, beefy everything, etc.

I hope I chose right... kinda hard today, not to have. We have so many awesome choices... because all of us have grown this sport / hobby. And there is money to be made in it. At 50 yrs old... I've been around awhile and played with my fair share of remote controlled goodies.

I did not intend to start a war on who's is bigger / better. But this is how most things end up in todays world. So hey, listen to Nickleback if you want to. I'll stick to Dio and Ozzy, even though i know my neighbors hate both.
Rcrichbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Must be code language or something. [shrug] Who TF is 'dio and ozzy'? LOL
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrichbomber View Post
I want to thank everyone for the input... still reading, so far i'm only on page 2 / this is worthy of me to leave a comment, i ended up getting a Gen8.

I LOVE Dio... but listen to Ozzy too. I have a Bomber, because i wanted one. Now I have a VERY easy to get to insides, Gen8. My bomber is badass... so will be my Gen8. Just needed something straight outta the box to play with, while building the bomber. Dual steering, lower gears, beefy everything, etc.

I hope I chose right... kinda hard today, not to have. We have so many awesome choices... because all of us have grown this sport / hobby. And there is money to be made in it. At 50 yrs old... I've been around awhile and played with my fair share of remote controlled goodies.

I did not intend to start a war on who's is bigger / better. But this is how most things end up in todays world. So hey, listen to Nickleback if you want to. I'll stick to Dio and Ozzy, even though i know my neighbors hate both.
Thanks for posting this thread.
You have a Bomber...sweeeet.
I jumped in only because I actually unboxed a Gen 8 for a friend fairly new to this Hobby. He always enjoyed my fascination with RC and has driven many of my Rigs and was partial to my one Axial Scx2. And he knows its all custom. And he is not prepared to drop a $grand$ in any RC rig. He wanted to try the latest from Redcat due to all the hype. I did not dissuade him. I also have two older Redcats. And, I had the luxury of reviewing the Gen 8 with him. You will like it. And if you are creative it will serve you nicely. This forum is a great resource. Just don't expect Redcat to support it like other brands do.

Inspect and lube all the dry gears before you drive it, especially the portals... and Enjoy.

Last edited by SteveRC; 02-08-2019 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spl
SteveRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRC View Post
Thanks for posting this thread.
You have a Bomber...sweeeet.
I jumped in only because I actually unboxed a Gen 8 for a friend fairly new to this Hobby. He always enjoyed my fascination with RC and has driven many of my Rigs and was partial to my one Axial Scx2. And he knows its all custom. And he is not prepared to drop a $grand$ in any RC rig. He wanted to try the latest from Redcat due to all the hype. I did not dissuade him. I also have two older Redcats. And, I had the luxury of reviewing the Gen 8 with him. You will like it. And if you are creative it will serve you nicely. This forum is a great resource. Just don't expect Redcat to support it like other brands do.

Inspect and lube all the dry gears before you drive it, especially the portals... and Enjoy.
I ended up with both, both are good.

Last edited by Rcrichbomber; 02-08-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Rcrichbomber is offline   Reply With Quote

axial ? vs redcat gen 8 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat gen 8 Cincygoon65 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 23 07-27-2019 09:35 AM
Redcat GEN 8 SCOUT shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 01-11-2019 06:42 PM
Vote! Axial scx honcho or Redcat Gen 7 pro Fasteddy107 Newbie General 15 04-13-2018 07:15 PM
Redcat gen 7 doing it up! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-26-2018 07:13 AM
Redcat Gen 7 Chilli39 Redcat Crawlers 24 01-05-2018 04:32 AM