Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General
Loading

Notices

Thread: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 3
Default Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Hello all,

First post here and Im hoping for some input or links on available custom trail truck chassis. Im in the process of building up a custom scx10 but its not really what I want.

I want to build a unique, high performance, trail truck and I would like to find some chassis options before I just design and build my own. I dont have any specific axles in mind or anything, just want to go with the best option to begin. I am familiar with most parts and accessories and starting from scratch builds as well. I really like the idea of a LCG partial truggy chassis with a swing arm rear and pan-hard scx2 front end, but id like to rearrange the front to accommodate the big 3: battery, servo AND motor/trans.

So far I have seen the Brazen chassis, the Scale shop chassis, and I have heard of Gspeed and custom crawl chassis here but cant find them.

I really like John Holmes Custom built truggy chassis but I cant remember the guys who did it at the moment but it was expensive and super long wait.

Any links and help appreciated!
CollinTheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Inspector86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,057
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

For a top end performer I would look at the Vanquish VS4-10 kit. It is a bit pricey up front but by the time you upgrade any other chassis you will have that amount or more invested.

https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vs4...n-limited-kit/
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: CRG
Posts: 217
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
For a top end performer I would look at the Vanquish VS4-10 kit. It is a bit pricey up front but by the time you upgrade any other chassis you will have that amount or more invested.

https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vs4...n-limited-kit/
While I agree with what you're saying, I think OP wants a chassis kit to build on, not a truck to assemble.

I'd look at the BP Customs and Toyzuki stuff. I will probably be getting the BP Customs Bomber chassis rails to build once I get my crawler finished.
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: 1972 born Christian, Chinese.
Posts: 1,211
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinTheCreator View Post
Hello all,

First post here and Im hoping for some input or links on available custom trail truck chassis. Im in the process of building up a custom scx10 but its not really what I want.

I want to build a unique, high performance, trail truck and I would like to find some chassis options before I just design and build my own. I dont have any specific axles in mind or anything, just want to go with the best option to begin. I am familiar with most parts and accessories and starting from scratch builds as well. I really like the idea of a LCG partial truggy chassis with a swing arm rear and pan-hard scx2 front end, but id like to rearrange the front to accommodate the big 3: battery, servo AND motor/trans.

So far I have seen the Brazen chassis, the Scale shop chassis, and I have heard of Gspeed and custom crawl chassis here but cant find them.

I really like John Holmes Custom built truggy chassis but I cant remember the guys who did it at the moment but it was expensive and super long wait.

Any links and help appreciated!

https://m.facebook.com/UltraCustomFab/
Teng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
durok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,420
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Here's another vendor for custom chassis:

https://949designs.com/product-categ...sis-and-cages/
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 3
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
For a top end performer I would look at the Vanquish VS4-10 kit. It is a bit pricey up front but by the time you upgrade any other chassis you will have that amount or more invested.

https://www.vanquishproducts.com/vs4...n-limited-kit/
Quote:
Originally Posted by elRayRay View Post
While I agree with what you're saying, I think OP wants a chassis kit to build on, not a truck to assemble.

I'd look at the BP Customs and Toyzuki stuff. I will probably be getting the BP Customs Bomber chassis rails to build once I get my crawler finished.


Excellent, I'll check them out. Right now Im in the data collection stage and i have found about 6 different options, but I know there are more. Ill check them out, thanks!

PS- you are correct, i want to build up a full custom chassis that I can tinker with to get the maximum performance out of.

Also, it will help me learn what is important and what will take me to the next level as past RTR and standard Kits.
CollinTheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 3
Default Re: Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Yes, this is the guy that did the bad ass truggy build, thanks!
CollinTheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Please Help With Custom High Performance Trail Chassis Options - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket Performance Chassis Options JatoTheRipper Axial SCX10 II 17 05-11-2019 12:47 PM
Indestructable High performance Drivetrain Luke_burrell Axial SCX-10 5 01-23-2016 05:25 PM
NCD High Performance Carbon Fiber 2.2 Shafty/Sportsman Chassis Tomy Chassis and Suspension 306 10-10-2014 11:47 AM
Chassis options? Need to shorten Trail Trekker Houstonphotog Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 3 08-29-2014 03:22 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com