Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Bomber binding/getting hot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #1

Default Bomber binding/getting hot

I recently got a RTR RR10 bomber and I'm having issues with binding and motor getting really hot. I have the Axial 20T brushed motor with a Hobbywing 1080 esc, Proline tsl xl tires and proline plastic beadlocks and a Power HD LW25mg servo and I run a 5000MaH 20c 2s lipo battery, and stock gearing. It's pretty slow and runs fine on flat, but when I try crawling stuff it tends to bind up or I have to pull the throttle all the way down to get it to barely move and the motor is getting really hot (I'm assuming from binding) Any suggestions on what I can do to change this?
Idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bomber binding/getting hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkwhatimdoing View Post
I recently got a RTR RR10 bomber and I'm having issues with binding and motor getting really hot. I have the Axial 20T brushed motor with a Hobbywing 1080 esc, Proline tsl xl tires and proline plastic beadlocks and a Power HD LW25mg servo and I run a 5000MaH 20c 2s lipo battery, and stock gearing. It's pretty slow and runs fine on flat, but when I try crawling stuff it tends to bind up or I have to pull the throttle all the way down to get it to barely move and the motor is getting really hot (I'm assuming from binding) Any suggestions on what I can do to change this?

start with trying to roll it with the battery disconnected and see how it rolls, with a 20 axial motor is should roll somewhat easily, if it doesnt, disconnect the drive shafts and try again, if it now rolls freely then you have an issue with the motor, trans or possibly spur/pinion mesh.

hook up the drive shafts and remove the motor or just the pinion see how it does...if it still rolls easy, most likely you have a motor that is burned up or in the process of going out..
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It is a crappy motor, so maybe if you were expecting a not crappy motor you are now confused
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:54 AM   #4

Now that you mention it. Ever since I got it, it won’t roll more than a half a turn before locking up without the battery in it
Idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber binding/getting hot - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RR10 - 35T cool but 27T hot...how 'hot' can a brushed get and live? CoolRunning Electronics 9 03-04-2017 06:06 AM
Bomber Kit Rear Diff Binding OkinawaCrawler Axial RR10 Bomber 7 01-30-2017 03:31 PM
Hot racing shock cap binding Dionisi Axial Yeti XL 0 05-29-2015 09:21 AM
Totally hot, hot, hot Melons inside! hvydty1 Chit Chat 6 06-03-2009 08:48 PM
Hot Racing MOA's Binding up.. Laker67 General Crawlers 11 05-09-2009 11:07 PM