Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Do some of you not drive your trucks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Do some of you not drive your trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I can build 7 days a week after my kids go to bed, my driving time is limited to a few hours on a weekend every few weeks. That is how I end up with a bunch of barely driven trucks.
But every once in a while, your friends pry you out for some tomfoolery:
https://youtu.be/Be13_-RcQX0

#noshelfqueenshere
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #22

Now that looked like killer fun
AZdirtdog007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

I drive all my Rigs. RC's are toys meant to be played with, so play with'em.

I will say, some of my Rigs I drive extremely carefully. Pretending like I'm actually inside the thing. So I actually have a couple that have never tipped over.

But again... I drive them all.

As for the pics, most of mine are taken when I first paint/sticker the body. Because, lets face it, I know it'll never look as nice again.
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Ill try not to sound like a d-canoe, but I have far too many cars to drive them all to optimal performance. I have a select few that I really like to keep my skills sharp with. If i drove them all I would be decent at many. By picking a few to really put time in, you can really get a feel for the car and be competetive. Lots of guys have stock rigs and will put the beat down on guys with lots of high end rigs, because they just pout hours and hours into to driving the one. So, i guess it just boils down to what you do. I have a lot of neat discontinued stuff that i build and dont drive because I like to collect them. Building, modeling and printing has really been what the RC hobby has become for me over the years. But driving them is something that never goes away either, gotta get that fix
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:42 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I really enjoy building scale cars and trucks, all the way from 1:25 to 1:1... I always take a few to Moab or St George when I go there, but I have somewhere around 60 1:10 now and its all but impossible to drive them all on a regular basis. I do drive the more "fragile" ones around a bit when I get them to a drivable stage... most of them sit on shelves honestly.
1tonblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:39 AM   #26

Need more videos and photos with drops! Once I went to the construction site and rode there, I got so carried away that I killed my jeep, but it was worth it, so many emotions!
Liam659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:01 AM   #27

I have 3 trucks (Only one is in drivable condition right now) and I go through lexan bodies like crazy. The longest I've had one last was my Land Rover D90 that it came with, because I didn't realize how easily I could replace the body. I drove that body for 4 months.

The main chassis that I run is a TRX-4 that is now on its second set of frame rails, transmission, and 5th body. If you looked at it with the top off, it's impossible to tell from the top that it's been treated like a basher. Even with the body on, at the right angles you can't tell.
Lord_Fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

lexan: drive it like i stole it.
hardbody: drive it like i borrowed it.

phase 1 of my 79 ford was lexan. ask Humbolt i would just ram that thing over obstacles lol
phase 2 is hardbody, and its not even done yet but paint on the outside = CRINGE!!!!!!! not sure what i will do with it at proline this year. concourse and then...??? very gentle wheeling and pucker factor.

but if plan B comes through... MUAHAHAHAAA!!!

and my yeti i drive like my finger is duct taped down haha
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I have some trucks that are used weekly or multiple times a week, some that are for indoor "rainy days", some that I might get out on the track every other month - but I use them all, and they tend to get way more use during the summer.
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
phase 2 is hardbody, and its not even done yet but paint on the outside = CRINGE!!!!!!! not sure what i will do with it at proline this year. concourse and then...??? very gentle wheeling and pucker factor.
Thats why I asked if you were going to weather it in your build thread. I absolutely love weathering hard bodies because it allows you to drive them without being paranoid about scratching the paint. But I realize theres an extra level of pucker factor with your body being a one off (maybe?) and 3D printed so I could still see it being difficult to wheel hard.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Thats why I asked if you were going to weather it in your build thread. I absolutely love weathering hard bodies because it allows you to drive them without being paranoid about scratching the paint. But I realize theres an extra level of pucker factor with your body being a one off (maybe?) and 3D printed so I could still see it being difficult to wheel hard.
The nice thing about one off 3d printed parts is they are cheap to reprint. if i smash the cab that's only $7 to reprint, smash the bed $5, the front grill, $2. So I drive it hard and bring a backup car in case this one folds in half.
Attached Images

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 04-18-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: lol wrong picture
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Very true but Shinchu doesn't have a printer yet so thats another sticking point. I can see a printer in his future though.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Naw...never seen any rocks...

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Do some of you not drive your trucks? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Trucks Mud SPA! 11 Trucks mudding at Butterfly Trail - Axial SCX10 Trail Finder 2 boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 12-12-2012 04:22 AM
Part1: 20 trucks offroading adventures at Woodgrove Ave - Scale trucks mudding! boolean21 Scale Videos! 1 10-09-2012 08:48 PM
14 Trucks Waterfall Trail: 6x6 Trucks x3, Axial Wraith x4, Summit x2, D90 x3, MAN boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 03-27-2012 07:56 AM