Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: EPA question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default EPA question

Does it sound like all is well if my right steering endpoint is 91% and my left is 66%? I had everything dialed in great with my trx4 sport and Futaba 3pv until the other day when I noticed when I got finished crawling my wheels were not centering up when I let off the steering. I had put the TX under my arm a lot while moving rocks around and I figured I bumped one more of the buttons messing up my settings. I finally had to reset the whole system and start from scratch. Well today I made sure I was careful in handling my TX, but once again when I got through my wheels were turned to the left when I left off the steering g wheel. I got it lined back out but my endpoints were 91% and 66%. It works fine and my wheels are turning max in both directions and everything centers up when I let go of the wheel. I just thought it a pretty big discrepancy in endpoints.
garage-boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: EPA question

I know the percentages are just reference points, but still that large of a gap has me a little concerned. Should it?
Old 05-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
RCC Addict

3 things

No don't be concerned, I don't think I have any trucks where the radio reflects an exact same EPA each way or a 0 centre trim, it depends greatly on the servo & where it centers, where the horn fits & steering link adjustment/lengths.
The EPA & trim adjustments are there to use for exactly that reason.

2nd it sounds like either the servo horn or an internal gear could be slipping if your sure your not bumping the Tx adjustments.
Some servos some of the internal gears aren't one piece, they're 2 pressed together, they can work loose & slip.

Other thing is you should be able to adjust the steering centre trim with having to touch the end points.
I'm not familiar with the 3PV but on a 4PLS that has an external adjustment button that can be bumped so 3PV may be the same.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input. It puts my mind at ease. My servo is a promodler 470 with a cheap aluminum servo horn, which is the first thing I’m going to check.

EPA question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some EPA crawling Jslick Pennsylvania 4 04-21-2011 09:56 PM
How Much is Too Much EPA? alexchen86 Newbie General 9 06-22-2010 07:43 PM
Where to get EPA pots for TQ3 EPA mod? ToTheMAXXcrawler Electronics 14 09-15-2009 08:07 PM
EPA for vf dig?? tapped-out Electronics 3 04-13-2008 10:52 PM
TX and EPA question Zardoz Electronics 5 01-28-2008 10:43 AM