Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Proline pro-spec scaler shocks / Oil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:30 AM   #1

Default Proline pro-spec scaler shocks / Oil

Hello everyone, new here.
I've got some questions about the Proline pro-spec scaler shocks (90-95mm) and shock oil.
I have the Incision shocks on my Vanquish vs410 and I'm not very pleased with them. One shock continuously leaks, even after a rebuild. I have not "slimed" them yet however. But I have a pair of the proline pro-spec 90-95mm scaler shocks coming in today.
I'm curious about the general opinion of them & what shock oil people like for them. My local shop recommends using 1k diff oil in crawler shocks, but I see shock oil weights all over the spectrum, from heavy to none at all. I'm relatively new to crawlers & I normally run 50weight in my "bashers"
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Ctmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Proline pro-spec scaler shocks / Oil

Warning...another crawler newb here (adding to my off-road race vehicles).

Anyway, having read through quite a few thread, crawlers tends to go very light on the oil. You said you typically use 50wt for bashing (I've known others to even go higher), and for my race vehicles, I've typically used between 30-45wt, typically work a higher weight oil in the front.

I just finished building my first crawler (Axial Capra), and I put 20wt in front & 25wt in the rear (kind of the opposite of bashing/race vehicles, where the front tend to have higher weight than the rear). Others have gone 20wt, or 25wt, on all four. One guy put 25wt in front, and 30wt in the rear. For your VS4-10, you'll probably want to "play around" with the oil weights, but hopefully this have you a good 'starting point'.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #3

Default Re: Proline pro-spec scaler shocks / Oil

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm thinking that I'll give 50weight a try and go from there.
Ctmath is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline pro-spec scaler shocks / Oil - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Stock Now!! NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-08-2018 12:08 PM
Open for PRE-ORDER - NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-23-2018 11:48 AM
Anyone running Proline Pro Spec shocks 68_f100 Axial Wraith 5 09-27-2015 08:52 AM