Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Injora Cherokee Back Half Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #1

Default Injora Cherokee Back Half Body

I'll admit, I'm still pretty new to the crawling world. I picked up a Redcat Gen8 and started playing and adding a few upgrades. Now the wife and my oldest son are interested as well. Put together a SCX10.2 builders kit with a HH Crawlmaster Sport 540 13T and a Hobbywing 1080 ESC. I picked up one of those cheap Injora Cherokee half cab/half cage bodies, but I really couldn't find anyone else bragging or complaining on them.

Maybe they are a bit too new? Anyway, I thought it would be a cheap option to let them bomb around without crying over beating up a hardbody. A couple of other pics for interest.

Rolling SCX10 chassis:

Out enjoying a local park with the Redcat:

DutchTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Injora Cherokee Back Half Body

I've got that same body on order as well. It's on it's way here on the slow boat from China, so I should get it sometime next month. I'm in the process of rebuilding a 10.2 I picked up and will be using that same orange truggy body. This will be my first hard body. I know the full Cherokee body is pretty decent, based on the people that have posted about it, so I'm hoping this body will be ok as well. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anybody that already has one, has any feedback.
Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #3

Well, at least we're in this together! I know their AliExpress page lists it as a "new" item. I just wasn't sure how new. I'm thinking of just using a magnet kit to mount the body right out of the gate. I converted my Redcat to magnets and it's so much easier.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I plan on doing magnets in the front and maybe some kind of hinge set up in the back, so I can just swing the body up to access the internals. It normally mounts directly to the frame, so I'll see what my options are when it gets here.
Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Body looks good. I may pick one up myself!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

One thing I don't understand about the Cherokee back-half body... A Jeep pickup is a Comanche, not a Cherokee - and it should have a lower back to the cab. Where's the part from behind the doors?

Their full truck body is also referred to as a Cherokee Pickup instead of a Comanche, and doesn't have a separate bed, either. Team Raffee and a couple other Chinese companies also sell this confused little truck.

I suppose it's just a lack of research on their part - seems as if all the Chinese Jeep pickup bodies have the same issue - they look like they are made by cutting the Cherokee SUV into a truck, not based on the real Comanche.

Injora/Team Raffee "Cherokee" pickup:

The actual Jeep Comanche:

durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #7

Just pretend it's a chopped up two door?
Jethro nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro nz View Post

I realize it's just a plastic body, but on the one with the caged back half, it really loses a lot of its appeal with that huge section just "gone"...

Otherwise, I'd be interested - it's a great price for a hardbody cab and cage, and looks especially good in that orange with the black roof.
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro nz View Post
That would be nice but 2 door cherokee doors are longer than 4 door cherokee doors. So a chopped up 4 door cherokee or Comanche (same front doors as a 4 door cherokee) is more likely.

Imho is body is 50% nice for some details that a hard body gives but also 50% crap with all the misses it has to been a scale cherokee.

Will say there are parts out there and enough filler these look really good in the hands of some of the scale masters out there.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:13 AM   #10

Agreed on the body "misses". Even when they mate it to a regular bed, the bottom edge of the rear glass section doesn't mate up properly to the bed lines. Well, it's something to tinker with and maybe a winter project. For now, it will cover up the chassis while my wife and boys do their best to bash it into things. I'm dialing down the max forward and reverse speed on that 1080!
Old 10-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, but doubt I'll get around to assembling it anytime soon. Think I might put it on the TRX-4 Bronco pre-roller chassis I've had stowed away since last year.

Last edited by johnnyluv; 10-04-2019 at 05:01 PM.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
One thing I don't understand about the Cherokee back-half body... A Jeep pickup is a Comanche, not a Cherokee - and it should have a lower back to the cab. Where's the part from behind the doors?

Their full truck body is also referred to as a Cherokee Pickup instead of a Comanche, and doesn't have a separate bed, either. Team Raffee and a couple other Chinese companies also sell this confused little truck.

I suppose it's just a lack of research on their part - seems as if all the Chinese Jeep pickup bodies have the same issue - they look like they are made by cutting the Cherokee SUV into a truck, not based on the real Comanche.

Injora/Team Raffee "Cherokee" pickup:

The actual Jeep Comanche:

Yeah, it is a bit weird / annoying. But, a little work with some thin gauge aluminum, a bender, and a small shaping hammer and you’ve got a nice custom look. Looking at it, I think it’d be relatively easy to create a filler panel that way for the back and around in to those missing sides. Might be a Winter project for me.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Injora Cherokee Back Half Body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 ii clone chassis (Injora): 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ scale build marcod13 Axial SCX10 II 74 12-06-2020 06:45 AM
Injora Jeep Cherokee Body On Bronco ? Barzan724 Traxxas TRX-4 8 07-23-2019 02:02 PM
Injora Cherokee Pickup Question CodeEzra_RC Traxxas TRX-4 4 07-21-2019 02:07 PM
Best way to remove the half cab back to install full cab back bent_hinge_pin RC4WD Trail Finder 2 11 07-07-2018 11:36 PM
Back half. Thickone Vaterra Ascender 9 05-22-2017 08:45 PM