Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: SCX10ii Honcho New Servo issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #1

Default SCX10ii Honcho New Servo issues

Installed a new Annimos 20kg servo and 25T horn on my SCX10ii Honcho and the horn is binding against the panhard bar (is that what its called?) Does anyone have ideas for how to fix that?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, i got some new wheels and it looks like the hubs are too big, do they make hubs that fit these wheels on the SCX10ii body? I'm wondering if I bought the wrong wheels?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TacocatIsAPalindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: SCX10ii Honcho New Servo issues

i just picked up those same wheels for my SCX10ii Deadbolt. They fit fine. Don't forget to use threadlock on all those bolts when building them
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #3

Yep, longer servo horn fixed the problem for me. Don't forget to adjust your steering end points as well.
Sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
Yep, longer servo horn fixed the problem for me. Don't forget to adjust your steering end points as well.
Is it possible to adjust the end points using the stock Trail Honcho controller?
Old 11-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Regarding the Panhard mount, welcome to club. Lots of threads, for example...

Steering servo arm rubbs draglink

In a nutshell, what you need is a long servo arm and then set the stops on your TX so that the servo does not continue to push past when it hits something, wasting energy and potentially shortening its life.

Personally, I like to have the horn pointing perfectly forward at neutral, and I align the wheels straight by unscrewing one or both plastic drag link ends, to change the length. A little adjustment is all you need.

I get full lock left and right on my 10ii this way, with room to spare for the servo horn.

Regarding the rims, use an M4 retaining nut that has a respectable flange, like this and you will be fine.
I've found that it's often best to setup steering so that the servo arm is slightly offset to one side with wheels pointing straight ahead.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacocatIsAPalindrome View Post
Is it possible to adjust the end points using the stock Trail Honcho controller?
That's a low end radio without much adjust, it won't do that I'm aware, Spektrum DX5C or something similar would be able to do this.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:45 PM   #6

Quote:
What servo horn are you guys using? Got an amazon link?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
That's a low end radio without much adjust, it won't do that I'm aware, Spektrum DX5C or something similar would be able to do this.
DX5C on amazon has two radios SR416 and SR6000. Which one of these will work for me? Whats the difference?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What servo horn are you guys using? Got an amazon link?
I don't have an Amazon link but it seems to me the most common servo horn length is 20mm (approx. 3/4"). Sounds like you should be looking for something about 24mm or 25mm (approx. 1"). Try to find something of reasonable quality. Some of the cheap aluminum ones use an aluminum alloy(?) so soft they strip out easier than the stock plastic.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Yes it’s possible to set the endpoints using the stock Tatic radio. Check your radio manual it explains how to do it. The last time I did it from what I remember it was simple.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You mean SR415, and those are receivers not radios :-)

You can buy the 5C transmitter with either receiver, the difference being 4 channels versus 6. You only need two, throttle and steering, unless you plan to install a winch, 2-speed transmission, or control your lights from the transmitter, so up to you. I run the 415 and manually plug my LED strings into aux 1 and 2 when I need lights.

I leave it up to other members to make a case for the 6000...

Basically any 25T M3 Metal RC Servo Arm will do. Is there a local hobby store near you? Nothing beats having the guy behind the counter walk you through the different varieties.
Yes SR415 or SR6000 rx with DX5C, as stated difference is 4 vs 6 channels, these days I prefer to plug lights into rx so more is nice, plus if you get a winch etc.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Surface/Radios.aspx

LHS experience can be helpful, I've got several of the Axial aluminum clamping servo horns and they are strong.

Quote:
Got out my digital caliper and the stock plastic Axial horns (RBK trees) are 20mm, measured hole centre to hole centre. The alloy one that solved my issues is 24mm: hole centre to hole centre (and in the case of my servo, 25T).
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10ii Honcho New Servo issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Crawler SCX10ii Trail Honcho - Must Haves TacocatIsAPalindrome Newbie General 15 10-09-2019 04:19 PM
SCX10ii Honcho Suspension Issue(s) DeadBattery Axial SCX10 II 5 05-24-2019 09:16 PM
Scx10II TRAIL honcho Chilli39 Newbie General 20 01-24-2018 04:05 PM
SCX10II Kit Trans Issues... JSterrett Axial SCX10 II 9 03-12-2017 10:24 PM