Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: LED and battery connector ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LED and battery connector ?

Hi folks. I was told that the little white ends on LED's was called a Mini Micro 2 Pin JST . Then was told 2 different sizes. 1.5MM & 2.0MM. Can someone please let me how to measure what I have so that I can order some more ends.
I had ordered a LED kit and it came with a "Y" with what looks like (do not know the name yet) the ends from a servo. There was another end that was bigger with pins inside. I am not sure what it is for and also what the correct name is. The big end was black
Thanks for helping this newbie.
Regards
Tar
Tar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #2

Default Re: LED and battery connector ?

I believe they're JST RCY connectors. If you go to the link below and click on the "Further Information" PDF it gives dimensions.

J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Can't be sure with no picture, you described at least 11 plugs...

Handy gearing spreadsheet
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
Can't be sure with no picture, you described at least 11 plugs...

Handy gearing spreadsheet
Photo of a soldering iron and a link to a gearing chart? Soldering iron kinda makes sense if you're insinuating he can change connectors, but a gearing chart? I'm lost.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:26 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Hi folks. I still do not know how to measure the little white ends on LED's. I was told there were two sizes. I hope someone can explain or tell me the size, and how to measure them.
On a "Y" there are 3 ends. Two looked like a connector that is used on a servo and the other end must plug into something. I am not sure how to use this "Y".
I am still hoping that someone can let me know about both of these questions.
Regards
Tar
Old 01-21-2020, 05:19 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Tar18,
The Y where does it go? The female end plugs into the receiver. Little box in the car/truck with single wire coming out of it. 1 side goes to the servo the other side to a device controller.

Thinking applied what this all does; that Y allows the port it is plug into, too control two devices @ the same time.

Confused ? example: Y connecting steering servo + LED controller = LF & RH turn LEDs to flash

Now you know Y

Finding out the size of a connector: 2 ways eye ball, or a magic stick, be it digital, or printed ruler/scale.

Buy one of these, no need to get a crazy 25 bucks will get you what you need, will also be useful in the future.

RC needs only to be close, not measuring for tight tolerances.

pep
Attached Images

JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:20 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

do the leds have a seperate controler do the do they do anything besides make light l8ke blink when you turn or have break lights
some controlers conect to the servo for turn signals some go to the esc to run break lights so your y adaptor would go between the servo and the reciver for turn signals so basicly one end plugs in to the servo the big end with the pins the other end would go to the reciver and your lights would plug in to the open port

or if your trying to run breaklights and what not you would want your esc pluged in to the big port and the servo looking plug to the esc port on the reciver and light controler to the open port

if your leds dont do anything but make light and there is no controler then you have a problem maybe you have to buy a light controler or just change the plugs over

cant realy say with out pics though just guessing a link to the light kit you bought would help also

Last edited by ferp420; 01-21-2020 at 05:28 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar18 View Post
Hi folks. I still do not know how to measure the little white ends on LED's. I was told there were two sizes. I hope someone can explain or tell me the size, and how to measure them.
On a "Y" there are 3 ends. Two looked like a connector that is used on a servo and the other end must plug into something. I am not sure how to use this "Y".
I am still hoping that someone can let me know about both of these questions.
Regards
Tar
I don't know if there are two sizes. Did you click the link I provided? That shows dimensions.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Hi folks. I do have one of those pictured with JackTheRipper's post. I was told that there were 2 different sizes of the 2 pin small white ends that come on some LED systems. I did order another set and they came with a control box which I have no problem plugging the ones that I have into it. I wanted to get extra (little white ends) and noticed that Amazon also lists 2 different sizes. 1.5 2.0. I just would like to know how to measure so that I can get the same size that I already have. I wanted to get extra ends so that I could make up some more LED's. These LED's that I want to add only have the lite just on and not flashing.
Sorry for the confusion and me not understanding but this is all new to me and I know that I have lots to learn.
Thanks for the help this far.
Regards
Tar

Last edited by Tar18; 01-22-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Hi folks. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help. I measured and they seem to be the 1.5 and so going to order more of that size.
Thanks again for all of the help.
Regards
Tar

LED and battery connector ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LiPo battery with one connector? drabina Electronics 2 12-15-2015 11:28 AM
New guy with battery connector Q photon_trap Vaterra Twin Hammers 6 04-20-2013 05:28 PM
battery connector relocation 94smasher Axial Wraith 3 02-05-2012 03:45 PM