Notices

Thread: 8028 Traxxas light power supply issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 8028 Traxxas light power supply issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i dont see any scale on that picture and it sure looks like a reciver plug on the end to me

dont be a "crawler boy" were just trying to help

It's not a receiver plug. Its about 3 mm wide, the receiver plug is closer to 5mm wide
If you don't know what plug it is, at least don't try to correct anyone else... Not to mention being salty when you are corrected, geez.

And as stated by someone else, it runs at a 3v. So if you have other, off brand lights, intended for higher voltages, you will not get as much light as you would if you plugged it directly into the receiver. If you for example run a 6v BEC.
Some aftermarket lights are made for much higher voltages, I had some "work lights" from Injora. They won't turn on properly below 10v :P Useless for most applications. They are rated from 5 to 12v, but they don't even light up at 5v

I fired one of these psu's once already, I bought an aftermarked splicer for the JST plug, and it was wired incorrectly... Kinda sucks that Traxxas didn't put in some protection against that, but I guess they don't expect it to be an issue, or they want to sell more of them... lol

Last edited by SleptOver; 12-01-2022 at 04:58 PM.
SleptOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2022, 08:06 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 8028 Traxxas light power supply issue

I'll explain things very simply, see attached picture.

Op asked about the Traxxas part 8028. Information basically covered.

Posted again with a pic of another set of lights which has the servo/rx style connector.

I make comment regarding that one can go directly to the RX.

OPs looses his mind like many from his region do because he can't comprehend things, expects them handed to him.

I respond with a rude but direct explanation because OP has become a total a$$ by this point.

So back to the power supply. Read the specs of the power supply. Read the specs of the lights being used.

Post that information and explain what you're trying to do in a coherent manner.

Don't be rude when someone misunderstands the disasters of posts that aren't making clear sense of wtf the intentions are.

I know it's the way of things to place blame and be rude when one gets caught making a mistake, doesn't make it ok and most of the real world like me don't take kindly too it. That attitude is what is wrong with this entire world right now, no one owns any mistake they make no matter how big or small.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tigris99; 12-02-2022 at 10:59 AM.
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote

8028 Traxxas light power supply issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue with Power Shift RC Light Kit - Contact info? Richr8 Electronics 6 05-17-2020 05:34 PM
Question on the TRX 8028 light module OnTheTrail Traxxas TRX-4 3 05-09-2020 09:24 AM
Traxxas Power Supply for DC Charger skinnyj Electronics 2 05-29-2018 04:19 PM
Traxxas 8028 LED Power Supply can i wire direct to a 3s battery? willygee Traxxas TRX-4 8 04-17-2018 06:31 PM