Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Receiver/Electronic Issues Newb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #1

Default Receiver/Electronic Issues Newb

Okay, so to start things off I'm new to the 1:10 scale rc world and hobby-level trucks. I picked up an Everest 10 from Redcat and that became my kids' truck soon after I picked up a Gen 8 and more recently the Blackout sc pro (which has been super f-ing fun). I have upgraded and modded both the Everest and Gen 8. I've always been a fan of tinkering with things, but electronics maybe aren't my strong suit. I just put a Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert 550 27T motor, I run a Hobbywing WP 1080 ESC on a 3s LiPo setup and the standard Redcat controller and receiver for now. After installing my motor it seems like I'm not getting any power to the receiver. I tried the receiver in my other truck just to check the receiver and it does still turn on in that truck. Everything was running fine before I swapped the motor, that's the only thing I've changed since I was running it the other day. I managed to get through 2 batteries trailing. Could really use some newbie tips if anyone has a clue what's up. Thank you.
Kromlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Receiver/Electronic Issues Newb

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

What voltage is the out put of the HW1080 BEC set to?

What TX/RX are you running, and what is the max rated voltage for the RX?

Just a guess here... But, it sounds like you have your ESC's BEC set 7.4VDC, and the RX cannot handle that much voltage.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #3

I set it up before I ran it the first time, had the lower voltage set for the servo. Everything was fine since I swapped the ESC a couple weeks ago, did a bunch of trailing on the stock motor and just set up the new HH motor. Turns on, gives me the 3s LiPo beeps and then the led flashes red on the ESC. The receiver is the stock r3e and stock redcat controller. Batteries are all good and I tried the receiver in the other truck to see if it was shot. Light comes on and controller works on that one. Light isn't coming on the receiver on the Scout, seems to not be getting any power at all. Haven't changed any settings in the ESC, fresh charged LiPo. Its been a hell of a curve learning all this. Everything has gone alright, or I've gotten past everything else so far.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Have you swapped the RX to another ESC? If so, does it work there?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #5

Yeah, that's what I was saying, trying to say. The RX works in another truck with the another HW 1080 ESC. Light on the RX comes on when I turn that truck on, not on the Scout. Only thing I changed was the motor since it was running last.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
RCC Addict

You did not answer the question. What voltage do you have the 1080 BEC set to? If we are to be of any help you need to provide specific information.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #7

Sorry, internal BEC is set to 6v, I've done some messing around with it. I have the TX/RX working and steering. I've been on the go today with just a few minutes here and there. Going to try swapping the motor connections around when I get the chance in a couple hours. Rebound the TX/RX went into the ESC calibration and it won't get past neutral set. From what I've read it may be just swapping the wires around from the ESC to the motor, I really hope so. Will keep people posted. Thanks for input. Really been wracking my head around this one.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #8

Sounds to me like throttle trim has been adjusted on the TX. Make sure that's set to zero and try calibrating again.
Electroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:31 PM   #9

It is, just got home for the night to tinker. Going to try swapping the motor connections, watched some videos, some people are saying I might just need to switch them.

Edit: Swapped the connections, still can't calibrate. Still no forward or reverse. I'm at a loss, new Holmes hobbies motor with no go.

Last edited by Kromlech; 06-24-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Tags
electronics, esc, receiver

Receiver/Electronic Issues Newb - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trx-4 electronic issues solved ScalerGuy General Scale Talk 2 05-22-2020 09:44 AM
Servo issues and a clueless newb sasquatch420 Axial Wraith 2 08-06-2011 03:47 PM
More electronic issues V3500 Electronics 11 04-07-2011 12:15 AM
mini electronic issues yukon635 Electronics 3 10-14-2009 11:00 AM
Serious Electronic Issues...Need Help!!! Rckcrwlr Electronics 73 07-16-2007 08:20 AM