Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tactic to Spektrum Change-over Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #1

Default Tactic to Spektrum Change-over Issues

Greetings to anyone who can help.

So I am still a newb question that focuses on a recent swap of electronics on my Sons SCX10ii from the stock RTD Tx and RX to a Spektrum DX5 Rugged Tx with an older SRS4210 Rx.

The issue is, that since switching to the new Rx and Tx combo, we have lost a significant amount of steering throw in the TSX47 Servo. There was an abundance of throw on the old Tx/Rx combo.

I have tried adjusting "Travel", "Expo" in the the Tx. I have done countless calibrations. No change.

When you power the system on the Rx still initiates and puts a tick of right adjustment on the Servo that I can Trim out, but still don't gain the lost LEFT THROW.

When you disconnect the Servo from the Rx and use a Servo tester, the lost throw is back, with no issues.

Could this be an issue with the SRS4210's AVC settings? I have tried to inhibit the AVC, the only thing I haven't tried (still looking for my mini bind jumper) to fully turn-off the AVC to see if that helps.

I hope someone out-there and point me in a direction. I can't believe its an incompatibility between the Tactic Servo and the Spektrum Rx. It may be an issue with the Rx all-together.
nmsuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Tactic to Spektrum Change-over Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmsuman View Post
Greetings to anyone who can help.

So I am still a newb question that focuses on a recent swap of electronics on my Sons SCX10ii from the stock RTD Tx and RX to a Spektrum DX5 Rugged Tx with an older SRS4210 Rx.

The issue is, that since switching to the new Rx and Tx combo, we have lost a significant amount of steering throw in the TSX47 Servo. There was an abundance of throw on the old Tx/Rx combo.

I have tried adjusting "Travel", "Expo" in the the Tx. I have done countless calibrations. No change.

When you power the system on the Rx still initiates and puts a tick of right adjustment on the Servo that I can Trim out, but still don't gain the lost LEFT THROW.

When you disconnect the Servo from the Rx and use a Servo tester, the lost throw is back, with no issues.

Could this be an issue with the SRS4210's AVC settings? I have tried to inhibit the AVC, the only thing I haven't tried (still looking for my mini bind jumper) to fully turn-off the AVC to see if that helps.

I hope someone out-there and point me in a direction. I can't believe its an incompatibility between the Tactic Servo and the Spektrum Rx. It may be an issue with the Rx all-together.
If you did not properly calibrate the AVC after binding the SRS4210 to the Rugged, that's probably where your issue comes from. I see it a lot a my hobby shop, because Spektrum's manuals do a terrible job of explaining AVC.

Fun fact (actually 2), if you disable AVC with the disable port while binding, you still need to calibrate AVC. Also, you may need to actually leave a bind plug installed into the disable port to keep AVC disabled.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Also, inhibiting AVC through the radio actually does nothing; it simply turns off the menu. Don't ask me why it's like that, I think it's stupid too.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
If you did not properly calibrate the AVC after binding the SRS4210 to the Rugged, that's probably where your issue comes from. I see it a lot a my hobby shop, because Spektrum's manuals do a terrible job of explaining AVC.

Fun fact (actually 2), if you disable AVC with the disable port while binding, you still need to calibrate AVC. Also, you may need to actually leave a bind plug installed into the disable port to keep AVC disabled.
Micro-Racer,

So what else must be done to calibrate? I read that it is supposed to be <<Full Throttle>> Center <<Full Reverse>> Center <<Full Right>> Center << Full Left>>

I have done this about 10-15 times. But what gets me is that each time after it 'calibrates' it puts the same amount of right input on the servo. No matter what you do, it is the same.

I even tried linking it to my DX4S and the same results.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #5

So I took another stab at this problem about a month ago. Simple fix. Drop in a non-AVC receiver (i.e. SR410) and work like a champ. The Boy is happy now using his "Rugged' Receiver and back to getting miles on the truck.

The New Bumper and Winch are also big bonuses as well. At least he is using his allowance wisely.

Tags
spektrum avc, spektrum dx5 rugged, spektrum srs4210

Tactic to Spektrum Change-over Issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Tactic Throttle issues please Muddchick80 Electronics 3 09-11-2019 06:35 PM
Tactic transmitter and a winch issues heyok Electronics 11 04-24-2018 07:07 AM
Tactic TX300 / TR325 issues nd4spdbh Electronics 5 11-11-2016 06:27 PM