Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Not getting notifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Not getting notifications

Not a newbie but have emailed the web support and never got a reply. I am no longer receiving notifications for the threads I am subscribed to? Is this a site-wide issue? Anything on my end to check? (they don't go to spam, I have notifications for this site set to allow, etc....) Thanks, Ed
edjo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Not getting notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Not a newbie but have emailed the web support and never got a reply. I am no longer receiving notifications for the threads I am subscribed to? Is this a site-wide issue? Anything on my end to check? (they don't go to spam, I have notifications for this site set to allow, etc....) Thanks, Ed

Other people aren’t getting it either. There’s already a thread on this, if not multiple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Total noob here having the same problem. Just makes it an extra step to get to the right posts.

I suspect the email server or settings have changed. The reason I think this is because the sign up emails are not going out either.

Last edited by itr1275; 12-04-2020 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Addtions.
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I get my notifications like 1hr after the post has been made,
. It’s really annoying.

Old 12-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

RCC has never sent notifications to me for anything but private messages. If I am active in a thread I have pretty much just had to remember. Usually the thread title is highlighted on the new post page. I am sure I have missed many posts over the years as a result.

This forum is hardly ‘state of the art’ . It’s charm comes from its dated platform and years of neglect. Personally I like it and all of its flaws. I certainly prefer this over the modern social media platforms. All day, every day.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Oops! Meant to say on Tapatalk. Normally I get them instantly, but I get them hours after.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

My spam folder swallows everything so I have made a habit of going to the Quick links tab and checking to see if there are any updates on my subscribed threads.
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:23 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
This forum is hardly ‘state of the art’ . It’s charm comes from its dated platform and years of neglect. Personally I like it and all of its flaws. I certainly prefer this over the modern social media platforms. All day, every day.

Granted it's not the latest and greatest, but it's also free so I'm not complaining by any means. Complaining in my day job means you get to fix it.

It's the standard forum I've seen for many other places. Probably the nicest one I used is on TacomaWorld.
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:58 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, this is by no means the websites fault, the website is personally the best forum I’ve been on.

Old 12-06-2020, 09:04 AM   #10
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
Granted it's not the latest and greatest, but it's also free so I'm not complaining by any means. Complaining in my day job means you get to fix it.

It's the standard forum I've seen for many other places. Probably the nicest one I used is on TacomaWorld.
Tacoma World has a nice platform and is well taken care of. Mainly because the owner has always been present and improving the experience for the user. Unfortunately the traffic through that place has also become off the charts and the content is riddled with chaffe.

I do agree that an effective notifications feature would be nice to have here. Personally I would prefer not to recieve e-mails but rather a simple notifications list in the top right of the forum screen. Something I would see right away when I log on.

Could be there is a setting for it? Never have bothered with Tapatalk, perhaps if it really mattered to me I would try that.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote

Not getting notifications - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Notifications rghouse Newbie General 1 09-05-2020 05:47 PM
Email notifications for PM youngblood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 04-20-2016 06:30 PM
Not getting email notifications Frankenwheely Comments, Suggestions, and Help 51 05-29-2012 11:26 PM
Email notifications? Sheepdawg23wm Newbie General 2 02-16-2012 08:17 PM