RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Boomracing TypeG sag (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/622084-boomracing-typeg-sag.html)

Jeff675R 11-19-2020 07:53 PM

Boomracing TypeG sag

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

Got a set of Boomracing TypeG 100mm for my Trailrunner but there is zero rebound. I'm running the stiffest spring with 40w oil front and 32.5 rear. The rear will rebound slowly however the front doesn't even budge.

Could weight be a factor? I have installed Intergy front and rear aluminum shock mount and gearbox mount. I had front / rear bumper mount, battery plate and plate mounts too but have removed them.

dCowler 11-23-2020 08:00 PM

Re: Boomracing TypeG sag

Welcome! Hope the experienced ones would chime in here.

Gula 11-23-2020 10:24 PM

Pictures help! What I'm gathering from op, is that the front suspension is bottomed out. Have you lifted the front end of your truck up and observe the suspension rebound then? You may have overfilled the shocks and there is no room for compression, or complete extension. Closed the cap of the fill hole without first extending the shock. What does the truck weigh?

Jeff675R 12-05-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gula (Post 6054650)
Pictures help! What I'm gathering from op, is that the front suspension is bottomed out. Have you lifted the front end of your truck up and observe the suspension rebound then? You may have overfilled the shocks and there is no room for compression, or complete extension. Closed the cap of the fill hole without first extending the shock. What does the truck weigh?

Thanks for the tips. I'll try and get some photos up later, seems better now but the rebound is still very slooooooowwwwww.

mewalsh100 12-06-2020 07:08 AM

I'd open them up and check the internals. Specifically, the shock pistons. Make sure they are not binding on the shock body inside. If there seems to be excessive drag on them as you move them, pull them out and use some ultra fine sandpaper to "smooth" them out. Additionally, look at the hole size and hole count in the pistons. 40W really shouldn't be too heavy an oil to run, so there could be either too few holes in the pistons, or they are way undersized. If so, you can modify them or see if alternates are available from Boom. Also check to make sure the lower seal assembly is seated properly, and that you don't have one of them pinched and encroaching on the shock shaft. This can also cause excessive drag / slow rebound, and oil leakage down the road. Lastly, check your suspension and link movement with the shocks off to make sure you don't have a binding issue somewhere there. Hope this helps - Good luck!

OnTheTrail 12-06-2020 11:25 AM

Check to see if the spacer(s) and o-ring at the bottom of the shock body are lined up in the proper order and that they weren't wrong from the factory. Also try loosening the bottom of the shock body just a little bit at a time an see if that will loosen up the rebound. Sometimes when they're too tight, the space(s) squish the o-ring to the point that the I.D. gets too small. That's a trick most most guys do to their shocks on TRX-4's.