Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Boomracing TypeG sag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #1

Default Boomracing TypeG sag

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

Got a set of Boomracing TypeG 100mm for my Trailrunner but there is zero rebound. I'm running the stiffest spring with 40w oil front and 32.5 rear. The rear will rebound slowly however the front doesn't even budge.

Could weight be a factor? I have installed Intergy front and rear aluminum shock mount and gearbox mount. I had front / rear bumper mount, battery plate and plate mounts too but have removed them.

Last edited by Jeff675R; 11-19-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Jeff675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Boomracing TypeG sag

Welcome! Hope the experienced ones would chime in here.
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Pictures help! What I'm gathering from op, is that the front suspension is bottomed out. Have you lifted the front end of your truck up and observe the suspension rebound then? You may have overfilled the shocks and there is no room for compression, or complete extension. Closed the cap of the fill hole without first extending the shock. What does the truck weigh?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Pictures help! What I'm gathering from op, is that the front suspension is bottomed out. Have you lifted the front end of your truck up and observe the suspension rebound then? You may have overfilled the shocks and there is no room for compression, or complete extension. Closed the cap of the fill hole without first extending the shock. What does the truck weigh?
Thanks for the tips. I'll try and get some photos up later, seems better now but the rebound is still very slooooooowwwwww.
Jeff675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'd open them up and check the internals. Specifically, the shock pistons. Make sure they are not binding on the shock body inside. If there seems to be excessive drag on them as you move them, pull them out and use some ultra fine sandpaper to "smooth" them out. Additionally, look at the hole size and hole count in the pistons. 40W really shouldn't be too heavy an oil to run, so there could be either too few holes in the pistons, or they are way undersized. If so, you can modify them or see if alternates are available from Boom. Also check to make sure the lower seal assembly is seated properly, and that you don't have one of them pinched and encroaching on the shock shaft. This can also cause excessive drag / slow rebound, and oil leakage down the road. Lastly, check your suspension and link movement with the shocks off to make sure you don't have a binding issue somewhere there. Hope this helps - Good luck!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Check to see if the spacer(s) and o-ring at the bottom of the shock body are lined up in the proper order and that they weren't wrong from the factory. Also try loosening the bottom of the shock body just a little bit at a time an see if that will loosen up the rebound. Sometimes when they're too tight, the space(s) squish the o-ring to the point that the I.D. gets too small. That's a trick most most guys do to their shocks on TRX-4's.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Boomracing TypeG sag - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Droop/sag question. crazee horse Traxxas TRX-4 16 02-07-2020 07:28 PM
2.2 boomracing 2FAT Tires and Wheels 2 07-11-2018 01:13 PM
Static shock sag treadway47025 Axial SCX-10 8 06-23-2016 05:19 PM
Sag vs No Sag Suspension Harvo General Crawlers 12 02-22-2012 10:32 PM