Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tire upgrades for the stock rims on the WPL C24-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #1

Default Tire upgrades for the stock rims on the WPL C24-1

Hey y'all I'm new to the forums here and pretty new to RC Crawlers. I've recently purchased a few of the cheap WPL c24-1 pick-up style RC's.
I have read and watched quite a few videos also where people talked about how hard and slippery the stock tires are for this little truck. One guy had mentioned these tires, but I can't figure out if they are really any good, or any better than the stock tires? here's the link:
https://store.rc4wd.com/12-Tires_c_964.html

I was wondering if there are any cheap but sticky tire upgrades for this truck that would make a considerable difference in its ability to handle different slippery surfaces like rocks, wood ramps, etc.. Maybe something a bit wider and taller than stock too, but like I mentioned, I'd like to just fit them to the stock wheels if possible.

thanks in advance!
KYCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tire upgrades for the stock rims on the WPL C24-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCrawlers View Post
Hey y'all I'm new to the forums here and pretty new to RC Crawlers. I've recently purchased a few of the cheap WPL c24-1 pick-up style RC's.
I have read and watched quite a few videos also where people talked about how hard and slippery the stock tires are for this little truck. One guy had mentioned these tires, but I can't figure out if they are really any good, or any better than the stock tires? here's the link:
https://store.rc4wd.com/12-Tires_c_964.html

I was wondering if there are any cheap but sticky tire upgrades for this truck that would make a considerable difference in its ability to handle different slippery surfaces like rocks, wood ramps, etc.. Maybe something a bit wider and taller than stock too, but like I mentioned, I'd like to just fit them to the stock wheels if possible.

thanks in advance!
depending on which model you got(rtr, kit) they come with different tires, RTR is harder, the kits come with decent tires if thats what you have

you can buy the kit tires from wpl directly if you needed
skurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:53 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Tire upgrades for the stock rims on the WPL C24-1

Seconded; avoid the RTR tires and go for kit tires which have been proven to be softer than RTR tires.
It's a weird anomaly for sure but it must have something to do with different suppliers using the same tire molds.

I like the WPL V4 tires and wheels. The wheels are a copy of the 16" TRD beadlock style wheels (part # PTR18-35090-BR)
and the tires are close to the BF GOODRICH All-Terrain T/A KO2 just because of the similar letter shapes embedded in the tread.

The other good bet is the generic 70mm 10-spoke beadlock tire and rim combo
seen here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...rch-mainSearch

These are probably the softest and stickiest out there right now. I have them
and they are true beadlocks that assemble with six mini hex screws. Really nice.

Tire foams are great but nearly all tires are better without them as they allow a larger contact patch with the ground,
same as lowering your tire pressure offroad on a 1/1 size vehicle.
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c24, cheap or free upgrades, tires, wpl c24-1, wplrc

Tire upgrades for the stock rims on the WPL C24-1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A WPL C24 done my way R.Billy Rob Micro Scale Rigs 6 12-08-2020 10:17 AM
Wpl c24 PileDriver Micro Scale Rigs 64 07-07-2020 06:36 PM
WPL C24 help FJ40z Newbie General 6 03-15-2020 10:50 AM
Budget WPL C24 Build WhiteHound Micro Scale Rigs 1 12-21-2019 02:24 PM
What lipo is everyone using on wpl c24? discgolferlee Micro Scale Rigs 3 02-14-2019 06:30 PM