Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newbie test post, and intro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2021, 09:24 PM   #1

Default Newbie test post, and intro

This is a test, the other day I tried to post a question in the Element Enduro section and it didn't show up. I contacted some of the mods, one of which got back to me and said that it posted, but I can't see it.

Mainly this post is a test to see if I have posting powers. I really like the information that forums can make available, but after having issues posting questions and the issues that I had creating an account here, I am wondering if this forum is a good place for a new guy. I have never had these issues on other forums, whether it be the Traxxas forum or motorcycle related forums.

Thanks

Last edited by borlo; 03-25-2021 at 07:35 AM.
borlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #2

Default Re: Newbie trying to post a question

OK, well I can see this post...so I guess I'll rewrite and try to post my question in the Enduro section.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Welcome Borlo. This place is great for a newb or seasoned RC vet. Not always a lot of traffic so, don't get discouraged if you post a question and don't get an immediate response. Someone will be along to offer help eventually.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Issue here is absentee owners. Just a few Mods, pulling the train. As a newbie it takes a bit for the mechanisms to work. As I am answering this post, I can se it fine, so Welcome to our nuthouse, Enjoy!
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

My first post never showed up either. I just carried on, and everything was normal from that point on.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:33 AM   #6

Right on, seems like we are on track now. I'll try to repost my question here shortly.

Now that I know it works, I'll introduce myself. Lifetime mtn biker and dirtbike rider, I never thought I would get into RC cars. I'd driven some friends slash or trophy truck style trucks but it never hooked me. Then I saw an artist friend's crawler that he built to look like an old weathered pickup and I thought that looked cool. Then I got a trials motorcycle and started to enjoy slowing down a bit.

Trials moto vids on YouTube brought me to scale RC Crawling vids and I enjoyed watching those and told myself that I wouldn't get into it until I received an appropriate injury, but my lovely wife bought me a TRX4 Sport for an anniversary gift and down the rabbit hole I went. I have done some mods to the TRX4, got a good friend and his wife into the hobby, then my wife wanted a truck as well. I bought a used Axial/Enduro hybrid and painted up a Honcho body for it, and now am working to perfect that truck as well.

I am prioritizing function and performance over scale details, but still love the look of a weathered and somewhat realistic crawler. I can't believe that I have gotten so deep so quickly into something so stupid (and I mean that with all affection). I think that more of my riding buddies will get crawlers eventually, as it really is just a great way to hang out together outside and enjoy frosty beverages together. It also get us exploring new places that we otherwise would not get to on mtn bikes or motos.

Next up is backyard crawler course and a Subaru Brat body for the TRX4!

...and my threads are now posting in other sections, so all seems good!

Last edited by borlo; 03-25-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:49 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by borlo View Post

I am prioritizing function and performance over scale details, but still love the look of a weathered and somewhat realistic crawler. I can't believe that I have gotten so deep so quickly into something so stupid (and I mean that with all affection). I think that more of my riding buddies will get crawlers eventually, as it really is just a great way to hang out together outside and enjoy frosty beverages together. It also get us exploring new places that we otherwise would not get to on mtn bikes or motos.

Next up is backyard crawler course and a Subaru Brat body for the TRX4!

Well, welcome!

The good news is, with all your time on MTB and moto, I'm sure you already know of a ton of great places to go play with the RCs, and like you said, you can continue to explore areas where moto and MTB are not permitted.

I know, there is something that feels inherently "uncool" about playing with toy trucks. "Real men" play with "real trucks" right? Whatever. I think having taken a real truck off road does increase my enjoyment of RC crawling, but ultimately, RC is just a lot easier, and most of the fun. If my RC breaks, I pick it up an carry it out of the woods, and $100 or less will probably fix it. If a "real" truck breaks in the woods, you better hope you have some good friends, and $1,000+ to fix it. Plus, there are so many more areas that are accessible to me for RC crawling than for full size 4x4s.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:44 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Newbie test post, and intro

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your Enduro project
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie test post, and intro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First post, total Newbie jmac Newbie General 9 03-03-2015 01:44 AM
First post from a total newbie: 1/10 RTR Crawlers for my 8-year-old and me? NerdDoc Newbie General 28 12-29-2014 10:57 AM
Newbie...First Post... peoriamrc85381 Arizona 5 08-28-2009 02:15 AM