Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Trx4 bronco wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2021, 08:01 AM   #1

Default Trx4 bronco wheels

Okay so I've had my trx4 about a month now and I've ruined the foams in the tires. Where I live and drive my truck there's a ton of rain and puddles and rocky streams and it's fun to run through all of that so they definitely got good and wet. Now I've squeezed them and sat them next to my dehumidifier to try and help them dry out but I noticed the other day that I have some real fold over issues. I'm assuming the foams are shot and need replaced. I'm thinking about switching to beadlock wheels because I'm sure that I'm going to keep destroying foams and it will be easier to change them out with beadlocks instead of dealing with tire glue. Any suggestions on getting longer life out my foams with heavy wet conditions?
Chfmarcusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Trx4 bronco wheels

One way is to cut a small hole in the bottom of the tire. That way the water can drain out. But beadlocks would be the way to go then you would be able to take the wheel apart to dry it completely

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
talltee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfmarcusb View Post
Okay so I've had my trx4 about a month now and I've ruined the foams in the tires. Where I live and drive my truck there's a ton of rain and puddles and rocky streams and it's fun to run through all of that so they definitely got good and wet. Now I've squeezed them and sat them next to my dehumidifier to try and help them dry out but I noticed the other day that I have some real fold over issues. I'm assuming the foams are shot and need replaced. I'm thinking about switching to beadlock wheels because I'm sure that I'm going to keep destroying foams and it will be easier to change them out with beadlocks instead of dealing with tire glue. Any suggestions on getting longer life out my foams with heavy wet conditions?
in my opinion you need closed cell foams or what i do and run a smaller tire inside like a inner tube there cheaper than good foams and dont break down or get flat spots
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:45 AM   #4

I want to ask a question in this thread rather than starting a new one.

I will be purchasing a TRX4 kit once they're available, but want to immediately run bead locks due to wanting to run trail with a lot of water crossing. My questions are A.) Do RC4WD wheels work with Traxxas tires? If not then B.) What is the height of the Traxxas tires? Traxxas site lists them at 4.64", but I want to see if you could verify that.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
JayHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I would say that height for the stock CTs is accurate.

They are a little shorter than my Hyraxes or Landmines
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beadlock wheels, bronco, foams, traxxas, trx4