Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #1

Default TRX4 Tires

So I am going to be purchasing my first 1/10 scale crawler. The TRX4 kit once it becomes available. Anyways, I don't want to do any major upgrades right away outside of beadlock wheels and better inserts.

That being said I am looking at Proline Denali 1.9" Black/Black Bead-Loc 8 Spoke Wheels and the 1.9" Single Stage Closed Cell Rock Crawling Foam Inserts (I heard these are good for water, correct me if I am wrong).

I want to know if the tires from the stock TRX4 will fit the Proline wheels and inserts. I plan on mostly trailing with some crawling which is why I want to run the stock tires.

Please help!

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
JayHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: TRX4 Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
So I am going to be purchasing my first 1/10 scale crawler. The TRX4 kit once it becomes available. Anyways, I don't want to do any major upgrades right away outside of beadlock wheels and better inserts.

That being said I am looking at Proline Denali 1.9" Black/Black Bead-Loc 8 Spoke Wheels and the 1.9" Single Stage Closed Cell Rock Crawling Foam Inserts (I heard these are good for water, correct me if I am wrong).

I want to know if the tires from the stock TRX4 will fit the Proline wheels and inserts. I plan on mostly trailing with some crawling which is why I want to run the stock tires.

Please help!

They will fit

I use the Proline Single stage foams, they work well and are indeed a good choice if you will be playing in water
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #3

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Old 04-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Sounds exciting to you! Lots of mod ideas around here.
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
..... I want to run the stock tires.
When you get a chance, search (here and YouTube) the mod for the Traxxas Canyon tires. Works VERY well in my opinion.

Best of luck with your new TRX4.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Definitely try the Traxxas Canyon tires. My buddy recently got them and they are impressive.
dCowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:26 AM   #7

Just got mine ordered!!! Woot woot! Definitely going to do the tire trick on these! Wondering if an Xacto blade would work just as well as a dremel to stip them.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I used curved lexan scissors. The tires are excellent.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just got mine ordered!!! Woot woot! Definitely going to do the tire trick on these! Wondering if an Xacto blade would work just as well as a dremel to stip them.

I Dremeled mine.

An exacto knife just siped them. I was wanted them cut, Giving me another tread block.

It’s a messy and tedious job but so worth it. I also started trimming the little center lugs. Key word started.

I’ll get those finished sometime.

They hold their own on my slick granite when compared to my Hyraxes and Landmines. I can do all of the same lines and don’t feel they hold me back.

I was going to swap out the stock rims and foams but they work so well that I have just left the totally stock minus the grooving.

A very underrated tire, IMO.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I cut mine with a good pair of small hobby wire cutters. You want to cut them before you mount them as you need to distort the tire to get down low enough to remove the lug without cutting through the tire.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Mine is the RTR.

So I just did them fully assembled and had no issues.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:25 PM   #12

Just got my TRX4 tonight! First thing I did was the tires. Mostly because if I didn't, it would prolly never have been done...

Old 04-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just got my TRX4 tonight! First thing I did was the tires. Mostly because if I didn't, it would prolly never have been done...

Those look great!!

You gave them the full meal deal! Nice!

What did you use to groove the lugs? Good job on that.

Mine look like they were done during happy hour.

You should be pleased with how they perform
Old 04-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #14

I bugged a neighbor to borrow his dremel and a cut off wheel.

The center lug removal, just a pair of side cutters, and a lot of patience.

Thanks for the compliment!!!

Old 04-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #15
Slow is the new Fast

Nice surgery there, that looks like some meticulous work. Well done! I have not siped my CT's, but just every second tread block up the middle. The tires perform really well for me. I run them on mixed terrrain. Mud, Rock, Gravel and Snow.

smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:02 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Those look great!!

You gave them the full meal deal! Nice!

What did you use to groove the lugs? Good job on that.

Mine look like they were done during happy hour.

You should be pleased with how they perform
What about my...uh, Happy-ER-Hour work?! I need compliments, too!! Lol and i even double-siped all the blocks i could!! Not perfect, but not too shabby!

Also, PRIOR to C.T. modding. (At least compared to Amazonian Cheapo-depot tires-((most of 'em))

...the TRX Canyon Trail Tires are everyyyythiiing-equivalent, or possibly greater, than, the exact opposite of "disgraceful/impractical/useless/poor quality/junk/"cheap"/no good, etc etc!!! And HALF of that expression comes from PRIOR TO MODDING!! The other half...well, u get it! I LOVE canyon trails, albeit, not MUCH-much more than the knockoff "hyrax" from Injora...(my runner-up-favorite/2nd go-to tire) i tend to waste time and money experimenting with the "cheaper" side of 1.9" tires. Though I've found some valuable players along the way!
I digress...
...but i was saying, the CT's are WAYYYY-too under-rated, and they get BETTER over time/use! My problem is.....i didnt know/think-better when my Sport arrived approx. 1yr 3mo. 22day....(joking here guys! )...lets call it 1yr 2mo. . . .so my foams (little did i know, initially, were absolutely TOAST via water-intake, which equated to water which never left!!

Long story short who agrees they might-should sell RTR trucks with either 2 options on foams...or just include B.L. wheels, and a second set of CLOSED CELL foams..or just produce the RTRs with c.c. foams!??!

....also, these CT's ARE the factory tires, while approximately 10 real-life MILES on em, through towing in excess, crawling, bogging, running with ultra-saturated foams....bot bad wear AT ALL if u ask me?!

End rant

(Some arent very "good" until you "break 'em in")

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
What about my...uh, Happy-ER-Hour work?! I need compliments, too!! Lol and i even double-siped all the blocks i could!! Not perfect, but not too shabby!

Also, PRIOR to C.T. modding. (At least compared to Amazonian Cheapo-depot tires-((most of 'em))

...the TRX Canyon Trail Tires are everyyyythiiing-equivalent, or possibly greater, than, the exact opposite of "disgraceful/impractical/useless/poor quality/junk/"cheap"/no good, etc etc!!! And HALF of that expression comes from PRIOR TO MODDING!! The other half...well, u get it! I LOVE canyon trails, albeit, not MUCH-much more than the knockoff "hyrax" from Injora...(my runner-up-favorite/2nd go-to tire) i tend to waste time and money experimenting with the "cheaper" side of 1.9" tires. Though I've found some valuable players along the way!
I digress...
...but i was saying, the CT's are WAYYYY-too under-rated, and they get BETTER over time/use! My problem is.....i didnt know/think-better when my Sport arrived approx. 1yr 3mo. 22day....(joking here guys! )...lets call it 1yr 2mo. . . .so my foams (little did i know, initially, were absolutely TOAST via water-intake, which equated to water which never left!!

Long story short who agrees they might-should sell RTR trucks with either 2 options on foams...or just include B.L. wheels, and a second set of CLOSED CELL foams..or just produce the RTRs with c.c. foams!??!

....also, these CT's ARE the factory tires, while approximately 10 real-life MILES on em, through towing in excess, crawling, bogging, running with ultra-saturated foams....bot bad wear AT ALL if u ask me?!

End rant

(Some arent very "good" until you "break 'em in")

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!

Ha ha. Nice.

You’ve got some work in those too. Great job with the symmetry. Those look really good.

Really cool to see the different approach you took.

Mine still look like a guy sitting on his patio with a 4 pack of strooooong IPA tall boys and a dremel. Oh wait....

And everyone looks at that rubber canvas differently, that’s the beauty of it.

When I look at the BFG Red Labels (Krawlers) I see an awesome blank slate. But in reality, Itd probably end up like hyraxes.

I’m really curious to try out the stock trx6 tire/rim/foam setup

Rc review did a test on them and they did remarkably well on a 4x4

I kick myself for passing up on a new take off set for 50 bucks

TRX4 Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beadlocks and tires for TRX4 roverroberts Tires and Wheels 10 04-13-2019 04:09 AM
Fitting 2.2 Tires to TRX4 driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 10-03-2018 04:33 PM
Trx4 Tires dpcardoza Traxxas TRX-4 20 11-19-2017 08:48 AM