Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General
Loading

Notices

Thread: Flex/articulation

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Rossland
Posts: 4
Default Flex/articulation

Hello, newbie onsite now....just wondering what is the best way to get maximum articulation on my rig without adding the traxxas long arm lift kit( I run the 79 Bronco trx4)
Thanks in advance for any advice
DeGander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2021, 07:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: california under the rock im crawling on
Posts: 2,923
Default Re: Flex/articulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGander View Post
Hello, newbie onsite now....just wondering what is the best way to get maximum articulation on my rig without adding the traxxas long arm lift kit( I run the 79 Bronco trx4)
Thanks in advance for any advice
to much articulation is bad um k you shouldent do to much articulation cauze.that would be bad um k

dont be bad

lol
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Caldwell ID.
Posts: 4,133
Default Re: Flex/articulation

I agree with ferp. Too much articulation can cause more trouble than help.

About a tires height is the proper amount for best performance.

I actually remove articulation from my rigs to make them more stable by including sway bars and or shorter shocks. A low slung sshorter travel rig will usually out perform a 90* articulating rig. The high articulation looks cool on the bench, but in real world performance, does not hold up.

Notice my Trail King Yota...

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:36 AM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Rossland
Posts: 4
Default Re: Flex/articulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
I agree with ferp. Too much articulation can cause more trouble than help.



About a tires height is the proper amount for best performance.



I actually remove articulation from my rigs to make them more stable by including sway bars and or shorter shocks. A low slung sshorter travel rig will usually out perform a 90* articulating rig. The high articulation looks cool on the bench, but in real world performance, does not hold up.



Notice my Trail King Yota...



Thank you for the explanation....but it does make sense....so....do you recommend more droop, than sprung....and what is your preference....internal spring setup or external. Thx again

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
DeGander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:57 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Caldwell ID.
Posts: 4,133
Default Re: Flex/articulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGander View Post
Thank you for the explanation....but it does make sense....so....do you recommend more droop, than sprung....and what is your preference....internal spring setup or external. Thx again

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I prefer external springs on my rigs. I use 90mm stock shocks on my Scx10 based rigs soft springs up front, and firmer out back
At ride height, my rigs usually have about 10-15mm of shock shaft exposed, allowing some up travel, but much more down travel, about 80%/20%

Observe my TK again...

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Flex/articulation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
flex/ articulation shots? minicrawlerguy530 General Scale Talk 78 01-04-2014 06:41 PM
more articulation? craveman85 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 26 04-16-2010 07:31 PM
more articulation bigblazerboy HPI Wheely King 8 01-02-2008 06:40 PM
Articulation TOYBOY Newbie General 11 09-09-2006 09:18 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com