Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: My Trick RC DG-1 and Traxxas lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2022, 10:47 PM   #1

Default My Trick RC DG-1 and Traxxas lights

I'm looking for some confirmation, as I'm new to building RCs and customizing with lights.

I bought the DG-1 controller and the TRX4 Sport light kit for my wife's TRX4 Sport w/ Expedition Rack. I also added the TRA #8111 Scene lights on the rack. Nothing is currently hooked up, but I'm trying to get a few questions answered and figured I'd try here.

Model Info: TRX4 Sport + HW 1080 ESC + HH Crawlmaster 550. Power Connectors XT60, 2s and 3s batteries with balance plugs available.

1. Can I hook those scene lights up to the DG-1?
2. High power or low power?
3. Is there damage if I hook a high power light to low power port? (I realize the other way around is a bad idea).

Also, anything else you'd like to share to educate, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
fajitas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2022, 10:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Trick RC DG-1 and Traxxas lights

I use the DG-1 in most of my rigs, it's a great piece of equipment. Unfortunately I haven't used one with OEM Traxxas lights but I would guess to use the low power ports would be the safest. Sadly though wiring it up that way doesn't give you the most benefit of the DG-1 but it will make the lights work. I would source some of the connectors from Amazon (be careful with polarity of the controller to light) and some time with a soldering iron should have you good to go.

Though not directly specified on the MyTrickRC website, I would recommend getting a battery style of connector instead of the balance plug adapter. Holmes Hobbies recommends against using those connectors for repeated use due to their fragility.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Trick RC DG-1 and Traxxas lights

Traxxas lights operate in 3V. You need to connect them to the Traxxas light module. It's job is to transform whatever voltage you have in your battery to 3V. Anything more than that will fry them. You can connect the scene lights to the distribution block or the lights module directly.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dg-1, lights, mytrickrc, traxxas, trx4

My Trick RC DG-1 and Traxxas lights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power the Traxxas Rock Lights direct from rx magic_yeti Traxxas TRX-4 3 01-20-2018 01:38 PM
Controling Lights with Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz 4CH shcuck Electronics 0 12-30-2010 09:44 PM