Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New Setup, No Reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2022, 02:27 PM   #1

Default New Setup, No Reverse

Building a SCX10 II raw builders kit. Installing the electronics, but have no reverse. It is binded, I have steering and forward. I have a Spectrum DX5C TX and a Spectrum SR315 RX with a Hobbywing 1080 ESC. The TX doesn't seem to want to calibrate with th ESC for reverse, I get no beeps. The ESC seems to be programmed OK. Am I missing something?
Winger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Setup, No Reverse

Try reversing the channel 2 setting (esc) on your radio and then calibrating. I had to do that with my Flysky GT3C radios when pairing to 1080 escs. Might be the same for Spektrum radios. I can’t say for sure because my rig that I have a Spektrum in is paired to a Castle esc but it’s easy enough to try. Do you have the +esc wire connected to the + motor tab?
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:03 PM   #3

So what your saying is try turning my throttle connection on my esc around on my reciever. I think I do have the + on the esc to + on motor, if I didn't wouldn't the motor run backward. It's hard to tell which terminal is positive. It is a Holmes Crawler Pro 13T. By the way I noticed your from Erie is that Pa I assume?
Winger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:07 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Just to clarify what I was recommending since often my brain and typing aren’t in sync. Typically it’s just good practice to make certain to connect the positive motor wire coming from the esc to the positive solder terminal on the motor. Most rebuildable motors have a + molded into the plastic on the end bell. And it might cause the motor to run backwards if you reverse the wires but may also cause the calibration process to not work. Usually if the esc doesn’t recognise reverse when calibrating turn the esc off, go into your radio settings, go into the settings that will allow you to reverse your channel settings and change your channel 2 setting from “nor” to “rev”. This is what I had to do to calibrate my Flysky radio to my 1080 so it might work for your Spektrum.
Might be a good idea to first check your esc settings and make sure you’re set to run forward/reverse and not forward/brake (no reverse). Seems common sense, but strange things sometimes happen.
You are correct. I’m in Erie PA.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

New Setup, No Reverse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Brushed Setup Beats Low-end Sensored Setup Jabird Newbie General 16 08-13-2016 03:23 PM
Need Help: ROC 412 Sensored=Reverse Only, Sensorless=Forwards/Reverse jeepnvinny Electronics 5 03-01-2014 08:21 PM
novak eiger pro green led flashing in reverse No Reverse sometimes burmis Electronics 2 05-22-2013 09:04 PM
Is my setup right? CKRC Stage 2 setup - front axle castor Miller Time Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 03-01-2008 12:54 PM