Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Fitting a Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2022, 09:34 PM   #1

Question Fitting a Interior

Hi everyone I am slowly progressing on my first RC build it's a hardbody XJ Cherokee I found a guy on eBay that prints detailed interiors and he was willing to mirror the dash file so I could get a interior that my action figure will be able to drive on the right side of the road How do you guys fit the interior {seats} do you create a whole floor? I was thinking about using thermal plastic so I could mold it?
Any suggestions or pics for reference would be greatly appreciated
RealJeepOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2022, 09:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Fitting a Interior

A good scratch start of building a floor is to use some thin cardboard or styrene to shape the lowest part of the chassis and trans/transfer case. Once you have that plain, you can decide whether you want to shape over the certain drivetrain parts or build some sort of trans tunnel.

Next step is to make a nice version of it out of a plastic you desire, or have someone draw up the floor and save it as an STL file for it to be 3D printed (since your interior will be printed as well).

Here's part of an interior I had printed for my HPI Venture. The base laid over the chassis as I described, but my method of installation was 4 screws that mounted it to the chassis rock slider mounting holes.

I like to run a huge battery in it so I had the battery mounted beneath the dashboard, but it was a huge pain to deal with it there. So I need to rework the interior a bit so I can freely remove the battery in and out without removing the interior and wiring every time. Mind the dust since it's been sitting around.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:49 AM   #3

thanks Goro I intend to make the shape out of cardboard first and I must get all the electronics set up first get a running chassis then I can determined the shape of the floor?
Just looking for inspiration and help as I am new to this Thanks for your input
Old 04-02-2022, 03:11 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yes definitely account for your electronics first so you can make the proper adjustments in your templates.

For example, I wanted to keep everything hidden when looking inside the windows so I installed my light controller inside the dashboard.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:52 AM   #5

So being a total Newbie to Rc i having a look at my setup i bought off eBay a Injora 313 mm chassis with wheels and 35T motor and a Injora hard body now the motor / transfer case sits high so it would disrupt the interior ?
Total stupid newbie question here so the dudes with custom interiors have a chassis with motors and all that stuff lowered for a realistic floor?
I dont even have a running chassis yet So Much to Learn

Fitting a Interior - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best fitting lexan interior for RC4WD Tacoma? TheLetterJ Paint and Body 5 09-01-2019 09:08 PM
Fitting a yota interior with stock scx10 internals Northwestrc Paint and Body 1 04-27-2013 12:13 PM