Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New but not New.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New but not New.....

Hey all, I wanted to say hi. I am new to crawling but hardly new to RC. I started out in about 1982 and raced on-road, off-road, dirt oval, drift and almost everything in between. I was one of the three founders of (what was at that time) one of the largest RC Drift groups in the country (One Ten Drift Network https://youtu.be/YSDyuZ7N3ok ) and was in contact with RC Drifters around the world. Due to reasons I wont get into I had to leave that group and now I am into this. I just started a few weeks ago with a Redcat Everest 10 Gen 7 and love it to death. My track is a cord of firewood here in NW Montana and I love it. The fact that I can be who I am and not incur the wrath of the rest of the hobbyists is great.

You see, I don't see all of this as a competition between drivers but one of machine against machine. I am a technician. 3 years of college learning Diesel Technology (technically I only had to take 1.5 but I loved the pursuit) and Mechanized Agriculture. For me it is all a drive for mechanical perfection.

Either way, I am just glad to get my hands dirty again. I was hit by an Illegal Alien hopped up on Tequilla after I finished my school and so could not get a job in it. RC will have to do instead. Disability is a harsh mistress.

Anyway, great to meet you all.
NERodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New but not New.....

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about how you ended up on disability but as for RC crawling, there's just something about it that can give you peace of mind like going for a cruise in a car you love.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Yeah kinda seems like meditation.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Welcome aboard.