Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Gspeed front steering link with chassis mounted servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2022, 02:42 PM   #1

Exclamation Gspeed front steering link with chassis mounted servo

No content has been tagged with 'Front steering links size for the gspeed V3 with G-LD chassis mounted servo and Capra axles?'.
Peters146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Gspeed front steering link with chassis mounted servo

Capra axles dont have a panhard mount my friend, unless you found an aftermarket bolt on one. The capra is set up for 4 link front n rear
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Locked Up RC has you covered

...for the panhard mount, at any rate. If the OP already has their axles prepped for a panhard, I don't know why they're asking about link length-- nobody knows. Gonna be different for every servo, really.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:59 PM   #4

Four link front and rear, Capra axles, Chassis mounted servo, not soa, want the size of the link from the servo arm to the steering knuckle! I’m no newbie to the sport just here Bro. Just trying to see if anyone knows.. so I could order before I build and measure it myself.
Peters146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Four link + CMS = not an exceptionally good idea

That's why every CMS conversion includes/requires a track/panhard bar adapter. The panhard stops the servo from trying to push the whole front end to the side.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

What you're asking for isn't something that really exists off the shelf (a CMS link for a SOA only axle). Someone may have converted a Capra axle to CMS but is very unlikely a company has made links for that configuration being that its super uncommon. Though you could try contacting Locked Up RC to see if they have lengths since they made a CMS mount.

You may just need to wait until its mostly assembled to measure and order a link. Dlux Fab and Hardcore RC sell individual links by the length. You could even make a mockup link or an actual link from some all thread cut to length and some rod ends. Harley Designs has a good video on making links if you want to go that route: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-n_8qglh6w

Like has been mentioned already CMS with a 4 link is a bad idea. The links will bind and wont be able to move freely as the 4 link locks the axle in place pretty good and its now fighting the panhard which needs to shift the axle back and forth. So you should go with a 3 link up front.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-23-2022 at 07:38 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters146 View Post
Four link front and rear, Capra axles, Chassis mounted servo, not soa, want the size of the link from the servo arm to the steering knuckle! I’m no newbie to the sport just here Bro. Just trying to see if anyone knows.. so I could order before I build and measure it myself.
4link with CMS will give you issues.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capra front portal axle, gspeedv3 links, link help

Gspeed front steering link with chassis mounted servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Steering - 3-Link vs 4-Link and Chassis vs Axle Mounted Servo Panther6834 General Crawlers 18 05-10-2021 03:55 PM
Jeep with 4 link front Leafs in the rear and Center mounted Servo Intashu Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 10-27-2012 05:02 PM
few problems with chassis mounted servo and steering m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 16 09-20-2012 06:38 AM
RC4WD Chassis Mounted Steering Servo kit ektoz Axial Wraith 3 02-25-2012 10:41 PM
Chassis mounted steering servo? Duuuuuuuude General Crawlers 26 04-22-2009 01:08 AM