Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Electronic Setup Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Electronic Setup Questions

I was not sure if this should have gone in the Noob section or here. So if the mods think it should be moved please do so.

I am finishing up my 2.2 tlt build. And I wanted some advise before I spend the last of my "play" money. I am trying to decide on the battery type I should be getting, and if I should be getting a RX pack to go along with it.

What I have
Moped ESC
Tower Pro mg995 servo
Traxxas 3ch Tx and Rx

I am not sure if the extra weight of the SC cells is worth it or the price, I can build 2 2/3A or 4/5A packs for the same price, and just change them when I am out at a GTG. But is there any else that the SC cells add besides run time.

With the set up I have should I be getting a RX pack to run as well, or should I be ok. If so, do I just use 4-5 AA size cells?

Thanks everyone, I have found almost all my answers just by searching but I wanted to see what everyone thought of this exact set up.

Thanks Again
TQ
tq_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It would be a good idea to run an RX pack with that servo. The AA cells should take the load of one servo, shouldnt be more than 3-4 amps of load.

For your batteries, that is up to you and your weight target. Can you shove subC's low on the front axle effectively? It can be done easily with 2/3A cells. Sounds like you are up to the task of some custom packs.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ok then a RX pack it is, should I do 4cells or 5?

Custom is not a problem for me, that is why I got into crawling. If the performance side or the cells are equal besides run time, then 2/3 or 4/5 it is. I would rather put the weight lower then I can get the SC cells.

Thanks
tq_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'd go 5 cell to ensure 6V to the servo... I use 5 cell 2/3A hump packs usually found in touring cars or gas stadium trucks - RC10GT, etc... I have 2.. A 1400 and an 1100... I've only used the 1100 but I get at least 2-3 hours out of it before it poops out for the day...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote