Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Protecting eqlectronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #1

Default Protecting eqlectronics

Im am getting ready to build a Rig. Wether it be a 2.2 or a super I dont know yet. Maybe even using a Tuber chassis. My main concern is protecting my electronics. I have looked at severl rigs here on this forum and it seems your survos, battery, sometimes esc all are unprotected by the body. I understand wanting weight on the front axles and what not but do the survos and/or batteries get in the way alot? How often do you guys replace your equipment becuase of it getting beat to death by scraping a rock or something? Or is this not a concern and I am worrying about nothing?

Thanks for the replys
Dustyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

well im not sure how far my opinion can go seeing as i dont have a crawler yet but i figure you should find a tuperware box drill a couple holes the glue it down. but i don't think it would matter a whole lot if you buy the right electronics like waterproof esc's and such
joehein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

There's many ways to protect your gear... Some use balloons for some of the electronics, some seal them up with silicone or plasti-dip... I put all my main bits in a plastic box I modded for the wires to go out... I sealed up the servo with silicone and a red shock o-ring around the head... The body won't protect from water tho'...

Here's a thread on what I did with mine...
Custom radio box

Mounting the elx and stuff on the axles won't cause the parts damage... Chances of them getting scraped on rocks is very slim... I haven't hit my servo on anything and it's on the axle brace of my Clod... The only time I've seen one get damaged in ANY way was when someone jumped off a rock and slammed the whole front end down and bent an alloy servo horn... That's it...

If you're going to running in a lot of water or a lot of wet, then you want to seal the electronics up anyway you decide to... If you're running where it's dry, then I wouldn't worry about it... Just keep everything above whatever you put them on and everything should be good to go...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Attached Images

Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike

>chuckle<

"Ribbed: For HER Pleasure..."
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote