Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: For Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #1

Default For Parts

Where is a good place to get some crawler parts? I know alot of you guys make your parts, but being a new guy, I am not that into the whole crawling thing yet. So where is a good place??
apollotrance1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Debunking old stereotypes

Welcome to RCC!!
Check out the vendors section here at RCC. Also the banner ads for several crawler parts sources.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollotrance1 View Post
Where is a good place to get some crawler parts? I know alot of you guys make your parts, but being a new guy, I am not that into the whole crawling thing yet. So where is a good place??
Look in the vendors thread and the banners at the top of the page. Ebay is also a good tool if you are on a budget.

***edit***

you beat me to it....
mr.maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #4

For a complete project, what would be the price of a complete rig using better quality parts, including all electronics and radio?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
For a complete project, what would be the price of a complete rig using better quality parts, including all electronics and radio?

There's alot of variables in that question.
First, what type of rig are you looking for? Comp crawler, basher, scaler?
What axles do you what to use? Tlt? Clod? WK? or the many others?
What size rig do you want? Shaft drive on not?
I'd suggest looking around here at RCC and getting a better idea of just what you're looking for.
You could spend probably from $300 to $1300 or more, depending on what you want.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #6

Tlt's and Clods are probably the most popular used axles for crawlers. But, there is alot of other options. You might want to start in the Tlt/ clod threads. Both have stickys on building up trucks.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #7

really just looking for a backyard basher and a something that looks interesting when sitting on my bench. I know it wont get alot of use, probably just once or twice a month. Not looking for anything too expensive.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
really just looking for a backyard basher and a something that looks interesting when sitting on my bench. I know it wont get alot of use, probably just once or twice a month. Not looking for anything too expensive.
Do you like to build? if not, you can probably find a decent used Tlt that would suite your needs just fine.
If you like to build? I'd look at Tlt's, PTI, Wheelie King, Axial also has a new crawler coming out. Check out www.rcpcrawlers.com for kits/parts.
Also Kevin at www.Thecrawlerstore.com has kits, and all the parts picked out. Both have excellent service. There's also a number of other vendors here that can help you. If you're on a budget, you can pick up alot of used parts and put a nice rig together.
Look/read up around here, decide what you want, then go from there.

EDIT: Because of spammers and the like, you have to have , I think it's 30 posts, and be a member for 30 days, or buy a supporting star for $20 to access the want adds here. There would be alot of options for used truck/parts there for you.

I also noticed you're from Fl. Not sure where in Fl you are? But there are other crawlers on RCC from Fl. Look in the get together threads.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 04-05-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Do you like to build? if not, you can probably find a decent used Tlt that would suite your needs just fine.
If you like to build? I'd look at Tlt's, PTI, Wheelie King, Axial also has a new crawler coming out. Check out www.rcpcrawlers.com for kits/parts.
Also Kevin at www.Thecrawlerstore.com has kits, and all the parts picked out. Both have excellent service. There's also a number of other vendors here that can help you. If you're on a budget, you can pick up alot of used parts and put a nice rig together.
Look/read up around here, decide what you want, then go from there.

EDIT: Because of spammers and the like, you have to have , I think it's 30 posts, and be a member for 30 days, or buy a supporting star for $20 to access the want adds here. There would be alot of options for used truck/parts there for you.

I also noticed you're from Fl. Not sure where in Fl you are? But there are other crawlers on RCC from Fl. Look in the get together threads.
Thanks man, you been alot of help. And I do like to build, I just dont know where to start. I see everyone have all this stuff and I have no idea. Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
something that looks interesting when sitting on my bench
You buildin' a Shelf Queen?

Seriously - the shortest routes into the crawling world are probably either TLT or Clod - just due to the vast variety of parts and info available for either.

Built-up crawlers are starting to hit the 'bay, so keep your finger on the pulse of the market. Occaisional deals pop up.

If you have decent mechanical ability and some prior RC experience, there's many more out there to choose from than those.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote