RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   i am a newbie and don't know what to get HELP!!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/71040-i-am-newbie-dont-know-what-get-help.html)

scorpion_king 05-07-2007 06:45 PM

i am a newbie and don't know what to get HELP!!!

i was just thinking of how i should get started in crawling. i was thinking about a stock TXT-1 with locked diffs, a Wheely King or a AXIAL AX10 SCORPION???
if you have any ideas please post back or pm me

PLEASE HELP!!!,
WALKER

1tom2go 05-07-2007 08:43 PM

First, I think you need to keep looking around and decide on the size, price, and style you want. In my opinion, if you go with 2.2, then get a wheelie king and find a chassis for it, etc.

I would tell you to get a roller bundle from Crawler Store, but they are out of stock of any 2.2's.

Maybe RCP crawlers has some 4x4 Wheelie kings for you.

I am biased to 2.2 if you can't tell. Good luck!

mr.maxx 05-08-2007 06:58 AM

The new AXIAL AX10 SCORPION crawler looks like a killer deal for a 2.2 rig:!:

rctraxzdriver33 05-08-2007 07:24 AM

If I was just getting started, I would think about the Axil AX10 Scorpion real hard. It looks like everything you could want in a crawler!"thumbsup"

scorpion_king 05-08-2007 01:56 PM

thanks guys. i am agreeing with all of you. i mean i dont have that big of rocks to crawl on. i have been looking at the AX10 but i still don't know.

theshimonator 05-08-2007 01:59 PM

i think you should keep on searcjing i've been here for a while and still can't decide what to get. But when i do get the one i want it will be xactly what i want!

scorpion_king 05-08-2007 03:49 PM

i want to get into crawling soon but i geuse i will ceep searching

sotwstd 05-10-2007 12:41 PM

I just picked up a 4x4 wheely king 2 weeks ago for $189 and it is turning out to be a great starter truck, easy and (so far) cheap to modify. I have extended the wb to 12.5, reversed the motor leads so the battery is up front (huge difference), added a 4-1 gear reduction unit that I already had, new tires and made the servo template for the front axle. It crawls pretty darn good for a $250 truck, now my 11 year old son will be working with it and my wife wants one too! It looks like I am going to have to start looking into a clod based comp crawler for me:lol: !! If $$ is not jumping out of your pockets and you are new to crawling (like me) start off with a wheely king, it has been a great choice for me.

tltman12 05-10-2007 12:52 PM

i just got the 4x4 wheely king and its a good beginner truck"thumbsup"

DaViolentOne 05-10-2007 01:49 PM

I'm onboard with the AX10 myself... But in the meantime, I picked up a 2.2 TLT to be ready for a comp next month... I paid more for that than I did the AX10, mebbe a bit too much... But.. I know the truck and so on...

I'm kinda biased towards Clods tho'... Mostly 'cos I haven't driven many TLT's or other 2.2 rigs yet... The TLT I have needs some repairs done but that's nothing major... I was also gonna try the 2.2 Moabs on my Clod and see how they did as one of the guys in our group here runs them on his and it's a big difference... But I digress...

Yer best bet is to lay out a budget and a timeline for when you want to have one done and running... The AX10 isn't due for about at least 7 weeks now, I think, so that's one thing to think about as well...

clancy771 05-10-2007 02:35 PM

after about 2 months of research on this awsome site here I went with the NN chassis and love it it has the best of both worlds although not a true 2.2 w/ drive shafts it has the short wheel base to give you the scale perspective and the ability to go all out with a super class rig if you have the money

Jeeper Creeper 05-10-2007 04:56 PM

Personally I like the 2.2 scale and semi-scale rigs. I like to watch the driveshafts turn and the rigs articulate. I have several TLTs and clods and it's easier to find challenging terrain for the TLTs. I have to pack the clods up and take somewhere or it's too boring. I plan to get an AX10 also when they are released.

scorpion_king 05-10-2007 06:47 PM

i dont want to get a clod because like you said i dont have much $$$ and i dont have many big rocks and i want to make it chalenging

Jeeper Creeper 05-10-2007 10:44 PM

I thrash my 2 TLTs and have yet to break any driveline components save the axle C's. I have replaced with fat-rock C's and no further breakage!"thumbsup"