RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   what's the best tires for rock crawling (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/74138-whats-best-tires-rock-crawling.html)

UER_D-B0SS 06-07-2007 08:22 PM

what's the best tires for rock crawling

hi
i begin whit my WK and i want to change the tires. i dont know what to chose. can you help me? i need pictures and some web sites where i can buy some.
it's for 14mm hex. like the wheels of tmax
tanks for your help:lol:

renoirbud 06-07-2007 09:19 PM

Jumbo Kongs are the best.

BrandonW 06-07-2007 09:26 PM

your looking for a 2.2 sized tire for a wheely king. these 2 sites have 2.2 tires:

http://www.imexrc.com/

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html

i would recommend the pro line masher 2000, they are good on all terrain, expecially rock. proline moabs are awesome on rock, but suck if you get them wet, or sandy or muddy.

good luck

brandon
http://www.rccarreviews.com

Mnster 06-07-2007 09:37 PM

Proline masher 2000's are the best 2.2 tire ever made.

Big Mike 06-08-2007 07:17 AM

If it's dry all the time - Moabs rule.

If you just might run through even a little bit of water, Moabs suddenly suck for some reason - M2K's are way better when wet.

You can't have just one set of tires...

Lumpmister 06-08-2007 11:36 AM

It really depends on what terrain you will be driving in. The Wheely King is build for 2.2's.

muddeprived 06-08-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoirbud (Post 729500)
Jumbo Kongs are the best.

are you sure about that? :?:

muddeprived 06-08-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike (Post 729751)
If it's dry all the time - Moabs rule.

If you just might run through even a little bit of water, Moabs suddenly suck for some reason - M2K's are way better when wet.

You can't have just one set of tires...

you can run moabs front and mashers rear :)

revin9k 06-08-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddeprived (Post 730012)
are you sure about that? :?:

I'm pretty sure he was joking..:lol:

i think you cant go wrong with moabs or mashers. just talk to some people in your area and see what type of tire works best on your local terrain.

these are some really cool custom tires made with moab sidewalls and badland tread :lol:

UER_D-B0SS 06-08-2007 07:51 PM

tank you for your advice!! i like the Team Losi Claw MT Tires. is it a good choise for all terrain?

NoBrakes 06-09-2007 03:17 PM

NO dont get the claws unless your in mud or sand. They do not work well on rocks... believe me i just got back from using them and there no good in my books.:x

BJoe 06-09-2007 08:20 PM

Where are you crawling at? I've actually had decent luck with the stock tires at the lot where I've been beating on my rig:shock:

Nova's Ark 06-09-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revin9k (Post 730160)
I'm pretty sure he was joking..:lol:

i think you cant go wrong with moabs or mashers. just talk to some people in your area and see what type of tire works best on your local terrain.

these are some really cool custom tires made with moab sidewalls and badland tread :lol:

What tire is that in the picture and where can you purchase it? Thanks.

Robb 06-09-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 731091)
What tire is that in the picture and where can you purchase it? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revin9k
these are some really cool custom tires made with moab sidewalls and badland tread

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you.............:flipoff:

Nova's Ark 06-09-2007 10:00 PM

Being a newbie bro, I did not realize that they were made. I am sorry my ignorance has brought you great enjoyment. I don't appreciate being insulted with the middle finger.

muddeprived 06-10-2007 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 731104)
Being a newbie bro, I did not realize that they were made. I am sorry my ignorance has brought you great enjoyment. I don't appreciate being insulted with the middle finger.

might wanna get used to it. it happens ALOT here.

RockRacer1 06-10-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddeprived (Post 730013)
you can run moabs front and mashers rear :)

Ive tried this it dont work well cuz of the difference in size . the rear wants to push the front .
now the other way around works well cuz the taller front tires wants to pull . giving a clod-stall effect.

tire opinion : Mashers

Big Mike 06-12-2007 07:41 AM

Yea, the M2K's are a bit bigger in diameter than Moabs, it would look a little funny.

I've got about an hour now on some brand new M2K's. Mount 'em backwards and they hook up real good.

Quote:

it happens ALOT here
And it's usually done more in a joking-around vein than a serious straight-up middle finger in the classic sense.

Notice how even though the little guy is giving you the finger, he still has a big grin on his face...

STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER 06-12-2007 02:02 PM

i've got a set of proline dirtworks tires i wanna maybe try on a crawler, the DIA. looks a bit small, but they look like they are going to work out nice on narrowed wheels....

12flex 06-12-2007 02:09 PM

i got a nylint that weighs about 15lbs :lol: good ol 12v anyways i used 2 sets of nylint wheels to make 1 set of wheels to mount my 40 series moab xls. they bolt on like normal with the same backspacing. and what a difference from before with the baja claws to now with these things! "thumbsup" i had the xls on my stick clod with a star pattern foam cut which was perfect for the light clod. with nylint i narrowed the foam 3/4 of an inch and keep full foam other than that! and wiht the heavy nylint they flex and grab and fold like no other ive seen! thats my 2 cents :flipoff: