Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: wiring issues newbie need some help guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #1

Default wiring issues newbie need some help guys

ok i have a Gecko 60/40 Pro chassis with raptor axles , 65 t lathe motors , and the new novak goat esc . at first i had wired it up in a series and when i would go to climb a rock it would be fine untill the truck was at a 45* + incline more load would be put on the rear tire due to gravity putting more load on the rear then the front so the front tires wounld just spin and id get nothing out of the rear, so i ran it in parallel curcuit and i pritty much got the same thing out of that so is there a better way to wire the motors up or should i just say f*ck it and get another esc and wire them one esc per motor ,, the gearing is 30 to 1 i have proline moab tires on it with 8th pinions
richieboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to the wonderful world of Clod stall, or in your case raptor stall I guess. The only real way to get rid of it is dual esc's but you need 2 channels that you can controll sepperatly. Just getting another esc will do nothing for the stall. But if you want try 6 tooth pinions 1st, the raptor axles have horrible gearing for a super truck. At least try a 6 tooth in the back and an 8 in the front, that will get rid of some of it. I run clods with 6 tooths, 60 to 1 gearing and if I mix my esc's I still have stall. Hope that helps. Or yeah, parrallell is the only way to go, series will only make it worse. Also use the try and use the search function, moved to newbie general.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
I lost my vendor privileges

i see someone is talking about me again.lol

2 esc's and 4 channels.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote