Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: is this a good shock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default is this a good shock

i know its a little long 145 eye to eye but if i limited it do you think this would be a good shock and does anybody have experiance using them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI

its for an ax10
jwilli2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I don't think I would buy them. I think you could get better shocks from the vendors here. you'll have to limit them a lot to work right.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I have bought a lot of parts from Jenny's RC shop off ebay. He parts out all kinds of models. On my son's AX-10 I am using Sportwerks Turmoil Rear shocks. I have the length limited by using the black Axial spacers that came with the AX-10.

I am using one soft Ofna 1/8 scale buggy spring on the right rear and three ACE hardware store springs on the other three shocks. The springs from ACE Hardware are supper soft. The front pair has one coil removed to shorten for length and the left rear is just how I got it from ACE. They work very well.

The Sportwerk Turmoil rear shocks are all aluminum, have a threaded shock body, and a 1/8 inch shock shaft. I install them upside down for a lower C.O.G. I am happy with them, and if you are patient and watch ebay, you can buy them for $10 a pair of less.

I have 1/8 scale buggy shocks on three of my rigs. I am using buggy front shocks on two of them, and the buggy rear shocks on the AX-10. It took some practice and patient to find the right springs, but once I did, it's all good. They work very well for droop style suspension as well. They are strong and will not separate or bend from a big fall.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I've seen those CEN shocks, they are pretty big. The travel can be limited, but the bodies and the added piggyback will limit your mounting choices. They need a lot of room.

There's just no need for piggyback reserviors on crawler shocks. A piggyback is essentially an expansion chamber that gives the shock oil room to expand when it heats up. Since the shocks of a crawler never see the shaft speed or high frequency impacts that heat the oil (friction as it passes back and forth through the piston) a piggyback is sort of a moot point. They do look cool though, especially the ones with remote reserviors you can mount somewhere. That's getting into scale stuff though.

The Sportwerks shocks are a good choice. High quality units. I run Mayhem rear shocks on my 2.2 TLT, set up for droop. Losi Mini T front springs fit inside these perfectly.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Forgive me if I'm a little off topic but how much are Mini-T springs?
goslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #6

I bought a set of Integy MSR10 shocks for ax-10 & wheely king they work great

my 2 cents
Tony
swampyrockboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

i have been hering that the traxxas big bore and losi truck rear shocks work the best.
caddyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i want sumthing 135mm but for a nice price
jwilli2213 is offline   Reply With Quote