Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: body question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #1

Default body question

Ok I use serach before I asked. My question is if I got a frame thats 17 in. long. What scale would the be in model terms? Like 1/19 scale?...I have been looking at plastic models for a body and when they give specs. on the bodys all they say are what scale they are and no measurments.Any info would help thanks.
rockbridge_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It all depends on the vehicle that you are going to model. That frame can be used for a car, or a truck or anything. They frame isn't whats scale, its the body and tires.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #3

Ok I understand what ur saying....but wat Im asking is...okay lets say if I go out to the store and look at lets say a jeep grand wagoneer model and its a 1/19 scale. Ok now my frame is 17 in. long. Would that model be long enough to fit the frame? What scale of model should I be looking at that can fit on my frame.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbridge_king View Post
Ok I understand what ur saying....but wat Im asking is...okay lets say if I go out to the store and look at lets say a jeep grand wagoneer model and its a 1/19 scale. Ok now my frame is 17 in. long. Would that model be long enough to fit the frame? What scale of model should I be looking at that can fit on my frame.
No. That sucker will be VERY small and short. For that frame you want 1/10 or 1/8.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #5

OOooooo wow ok well do they even make models that big?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I dont know that one. We use bodies off of "toy" rc cars for alot of our builds. You can find a good one for $30-50. Even RCP(I think) sells a couple of hardbodied toys for use as bodies. You could even make your own outta styrene if you are crafty enough.

Plus, if you want a model body, check out the manufacturers websites of the model brands you know/like, maybe they have something for you
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default Get the mule first then the cart!

I always Buy the Body first. it defines the project Stay between 1/16 and 1/8 and most aftermarket chassis fit. A perfect example. my current project is listed as a 1/8th scale but I am using a Hi lift chassis, as the truck mine is modeled after is a big one the Hi lift and it's oversized rails and huge pumkin sizes on the Axles it looks alot more scale then a Jeep would on the same chassis. So I guess what I am saying is I always buid body first and mod a chassis to fit.
carcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote