Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Build help in the SF Bay AREA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #1

Default Build help in the SF Bay AREA

I have been trying to get my RCGUY GECKO II built for a year or two. The truck is mostly built, but far from ready. The diff. still needs to be locked as well as the pinions switched. The steering kit needs to be adjusted. I'm looking to buy some shocks also. There is some associated ones that need rebuilding that came with it. It was a sorry case for a rolling chassis when I got it. I'm embarrassed to say that I bought some adapters to work with the Nylint tires. Those have not been installed, either. The Tekken II speed control and high Tech receiver have been mounted and wired but never tuned. I've also got some skid plates for it.

The problem is I cannot physically do the work myself. My hands do not work from a spinal cord injury. All the work has been done by my brother with me telling him what to do. He kind of gave up on me when it came to dialing in and actually make it happen. Can't blame him. My dad made me a really cool twin joystick controller from a high-tech twin stick three channel. (Spread them out and make them bigger for my lap). That worked great for my RC 10 T. Still a pain to go down to the school or a field to drive. It's just too fast for my house or neighborhood. Last time I drove it I broke the front end in half and it stayed that way for six months.

A crawler seems perfect. I was hoping there would be somebody in the bay area that I could pay to build this thing for me. I've been trying to get pictures for a while to make this post. Just never happened. Little more motivation now. I'll try to harass somebody get pictures of everything I've got.

Thanks in advance if anybody's got any ideas.

Brian

(Voice dictation typing for those wondering)
bspill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

ill help you out if i can .ill pm you my number give me a call.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Hey Brian,

Sounds like a cool build so far. It looks like you live in the same town as me and have apparently seen me driving my Mog (hopefully I wasn't doing anything illegal at the time). My schedule is always busy but I would be happy to help out with the build.

1beatjeep is definitely a great builder as he has built some very nice rigs in the past. He would be a good guy to watch build as long as you can get past his furriness. Here's a picture of when I met him a few years ago.

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Wow, I hope you get this build dialed in. I'm about 2 hrs away, but would definately travel if you can't get someone closer.
Good luck
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #5

still workin on gettin pics to show[IMG][img=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7232/img0143tr8.th.jpg][/IMG][IMG][img=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9983/img0134jc1.th.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited by bspill1; 12-01-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #6

hahaha I actually thought I posted those for a second. got excited that it finally worked.

Thanks, clemet

Last edited by bspill1; 12-01-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Here you go.

clemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #8

bspill1,

Like I said in email, I personally think a TLT sized build would be good for you because you will be able to find more areas to crawl and have fun with smaller terrain then what a Clod based rig would need.

Let me know if you want to come over to my garage and use my tools or if you want me to go to your house to build. I have enough TLT parts to get you started on your build.

And if you still want to sell your clod we need to clean it up for some better pics to try and get more $$ out of it for you.

Let me know, you have my cell #.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #9

I guess this turned into a bigger project than I had intended. Seems to happen a lot. A smaller truck does sound like a better plan. Unfortunately that leaves me needing more help. Two projects to build. I can definitely stick this one back on eBay. The computer is about the only place I can help. The gecko is so close to finish seems silly to sell incomplete. You can tell I have been working on it for a while with those dusty pics.

I'm totally flexible within my limits. I can get wherever I need to, or just bring the truck. Or someone can come here. finding a driver for my van is easier than finding a mechanic. Only issue would be my access to different locations. Heavy electric wheelchair doesn't exactly go up steps or fit in small places. Maybe I can get a little of both your guys help. So I don't take up too much of one person's time.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspill1 View Post
I guess this turned into a bigger project than I had intended. Seems to happen a lot. A smaller truck does sound like a better plan. Unfortunately that leaves me needing more help. Two projects to build. I can definitely stick this one back on eBay. The computer is about the only place I can help. The gecko is so close to finish seems silly to sell incomplete. You can tell I have been working on it for a while with those dusty pics.

I'm totally flexible within my limits. I can get wherever I need to, or just bring the truck. Or someone can come here. finding a driver for my van is easier than finding a mechanic. Only issue would be my access to different locations. Heavy electric wheelchair doesn't exactly go up steps or fit in small places. Maybe I can get a little of both your guys help. So I don't take up too much of one person's time.
You don't have to built a TLT first, you could always finish your clod first then think about a TLT after words.

As far as accessibility, I don't think you would have a problem getting into my garage right? That is where I do my builds unless it's extremely cold out then I move into my office. My Garage has plenty of room for us.