Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Just bought a scorpion!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Just bought a scorpion!

I just won an AX10 off ebay and awaiting arrival in the UK!!

Just a few questions,

What's an axle snapper like with a 3300 battery?
Why don't more people mount the trans the otherway?- it would make the right front torque down instead of the rear, thus helping it to climb?
Can you use normal car wheel weights in the wheels?

cheers from the UK!!!
Oze30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

You can either buy the stick on wheel weights for airplanes and pinewood derby cars found at LHS or you can get them from an auto parts store or from a tire store they come in 1/4 oz increments and they work great cause the addhesive is extremly strong and wont fall off. So yes you can use them.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oze30 View Post
I just won an AX10 off ebay and awaiting arrival in the UK!!

Just a few questions,

What's an axle snapper like with a 3300 battery?
Why don't more people mount the trans the otherway?- it would make the right front torque down instead of the rear, thus helping it to climb?
Can you use normal car wheel weights in the wheels?

cheers from the UK!!!
The output of the tranny will still need to turn the same way thus torquing the truck the same. Also the mah rating of a battery has vertualy nothing to do with the speed of a motor, we need to know volts to tell you that, but from what I hear the axlesnapper is made for 12 volt applications and will suck dog on a standard 6 cell pack. Get a lathe.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
The output of the tranny will still need to turn the same way thus torquing the truck the same. Also the mah rating of a battery has vertualy nothing to do with the speed of a motor, we need to know volts to tell you that, but from what I hear the axlesnapper is made for 12 volt applications and will suck dog on a standard 6 cell pack. Get a lathe.
The motor will turn in reverse as the spur gear will need to rotate the opposite way.

The elc side of things, im not sure about what's happening with it yet as I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Whats the difference between a lathe and brushless motor?
What are some recommendations for both?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oze30 View Post
The motor will turn in reverse as the spur gear will need to rotate the opposite way.

The elc side of things, im not sure about what's happening with it yet as I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Whats the difference between a lathe and brushless motor?
What are some recommendations for both?
But the driveshafts will need to turn the same way, lifting the same tire. The only advantage is a little extra weight from the motor on that side, but the gain is minimal. Link geometry will play a much bigger role.

Lathe motor is a brushed motor, it has brushes. That's how the motor spins.
A brushless motor has no brushes and uses the ESC to make the motor spin. In simple terms.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
But the driveshafts will need to turn the same way, lifting the same tire. The only advantage is a little extra weight from the motor on that side, but the gain is minimal. Link geometry will play a much bigger role.

Lathe motor is a brushed motor, it has brushes. That's how the motor spins.
A brushless motor has no brushes and uses the ESC to make the motor spin. In simple terms.
so which will get a better run time/power etc? Im new to crawling but want run time though!